project 620z

topless620

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Truck drives and brakes like it was meant to be. Hasn't over heated yet......... It also hasn't hit 50 degrees in Georgia. I'll find out when it starts getting warmer. As for the burnout... I worked my ass off for 6 weeks building this truck, the last thing I'm gonna do is take a chance at breaking something. Plus I'm not made of money, nor do I have a tire tree in my yard. I'll post some videos soon.

What rear end can I use to get more top end?

Truck drives and brakes like it was meant to be. Hasn't over heated yet......... It also hasn't hit 50 degrees in Georgia. I'll find out when it starts getting warmer. As for the burnout... I worked my ass off for 6 weeks building this truck, the last thing I'm gonna do is take a chance at breaking something. Plus I'm not made of money, nor do I have a tire tree in my yard. I'll post some videos soon.

What rear end can I use to get more top end?

i would think a toyota axle swap and you can change the gear ratios......i finally got all the stuff to build my motor and will be trying to start the fab work on the motor mounts next week maybe i can get some pics and start my own thread

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

how does your shifter setup work? is the shifter way back in the cab? im not sure of the length differences between the stock trans and the z trans but ive been told the z trans is longer

I believe the ZX(280) Z24/22 and 620 (long tail) trannies are the same length???

Position of the shifter would be a little bit farther back..?..maybe an inch+ because the L28 engine is tighter to the firewall.

There is a shorter Z trannie from the 720 truck at 26+ inches.

Rather interesting build.. :thumbup:....not sure of the length of the 620 engine bay....but I think the 720 (bay) is a tad longer, which leads me to the same engine swap.:D

510 with L28....no mods to stock placement of rad and or... :rolleyes: ..just don't ask about the firewall... :lol:

P7020007.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...