topless620

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya NEED MORE PICS!

Traitor!

My name is Kevin, I live about 30 minutes north of Atlanta GA. My brother and I are in the process of swapping a L28 into my 78 620 convertible.

Kevin make sure to document everything you do. This is an odd engine choice and if by any chance you succeed, (no offense) we would like to know what problems you had and how you overcame them. Also I'd like to know how well the truck drives after.

Perhaps you two should get together... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/26946-l28et-720/page__pid__390702?do=findComment&comment=390702

Kevin make sure to document everything you do. This is an odd engine choice and if by any chance you succeed, (no offense) we would like to know what problems you had and how you overcame them. Also I'd like to know how well the truck drives after.

Well, win or loose... I'm impressed. Can you add some comments to the pics?

Drive shaft shortened?

You do it and was it balanced?

Have you test fitted the intake/exhaust?

YES i knew there was someone out there with the same idea....dude all i have heard from about this swap is people telling me it would never fit yadayadayada thank you for posting that....i still think i am gonna recess the firewall a little just cause i know the l28 is heavy and the closer to the middle i can get it is gonna help front to rear weight distribution

wheres the radiator gonna go? why do this it doesn't make sense wouldn't a vg30 be a better choice? better efi smaller design so it will actually fit more displacement better weight distribution just seems like the vg30 would be a better choice congrats on getting it to "fit" but that's to much work for a lot of drawbacks either way its your build have fun with it

enzo210 the valve cover is sitting where the radiator is supposed to be that doesn't qualify as fitting in my book

1/ Anything can be made to fit with a smoke wrench, time and money. Skill will make it faster and cheaper.

2/ If it fits in the stock location with rad and rad support and fire wall intact then it fits. By intact I mean uncut. A few dents are OK. Anything else is not a fit, but a 'made to fit'.

3/ 'Made to fit' projects, because of their difficulty, tend to be underestimated for time, cost and skill. The more difficult the better chance the project will fail. By fail I mean the vehicle likely becomes scrap or sold for parts because it is cut up and cannot be put back to original. No one likes to see this happen to the trucks they love and generally frown on those who announce "Hey! What all do I have to do to my 620 to put a SBC motor in???".