Made a score for my sister in law today

So my father in law has been strugling, my mother in law screwed him, filed taxes, lied, and now the irs is taking 400 from each check he gets. Well he doesnt have the money to buy my lil sister in law her first car. So ive been looking like crazy. Well found a guy today, 200 dollars plus my blu ray player and i got her a 91 ford tempo. 200k, but perfect body, paint oxidation, runs and drives great (just feels like a boat on corners and turning) but its a perfect first car for her. In a really happy mood right now for her. We cant wait to surprise her with it.

• Like 2
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya im really excited to give it to her. They have been down in the dumps, so im hping this makes her really happy. It was a great deal...for a ford. Ive never bought a domestic vehicle before till now, and it felt weird as hell driving it. Im more comfortable driving my 620.

• Like 1

There is nothing like getting your first set of wheels, oh the freedom! and if you were me, oh the realization that you had nowhere to go...

Way to go on getting her a car!

no shit, and the realization that driving a car can be deadly, it always makes the kids think when they get to school and they realize that johnny wrecked his car and is now paralyzed or worse. we had like 5 kids die at my school from car accidents

no shit, and the realization that driving a car can be deadly, it always makes the kids think when they get to school and they realize that johnny wrecked his car and is now paralyzed or worse. we had like 5 kids die at my school from car accidents

I went to a private school, Graduating class of 18 students. I was the only one to score 100% on both the driver test and the written test. I was also the only one to wreck a car (car was still drivable though and I still drove it for a few thousand miles with no ill effects).

right on man , thats awsome, i bet shes going to be hellahappy....dont matter what your first car is its about freedom and indapendance....you may have given her the best present she will ever get...makes me wanna be there to see the reaction....

i really dought shes gonna say , bummer its a ford,,, shes gonna say see ya later...oh ya and i know your not stupid so congrats on getting a deal...car cant be to bad...

deal/score=win

Kids don't seem to be as into cars as they were when I was starting out. Back in the 70's your car was everything. Now days, they really don't care as long as it runs. If you think that tempo is bad, my 1st car was a power company brown, 1965 Ford Falcon, 4-door with ready kilowatt on the door. I worked my butt off to get something else asap. The falcon went through three more kids in my family, multiple wrecks, spring break trips to FL and never missed a beat. She is a lucky girl.

To her its everything. Its all shes been talking about was wanting a car, and when her dad couldnt get her the one they were goign to get because of her mom screwing them over, well shes been depressed about it. Plus this is better than a metro lol.

• Like 1

we had a couple of those tempos in our family.... check the rad for oil on a regular basis as they are prone to head gasket failure... we also used to run them with open thermostats in the summer as they were prone to overheating... eventually we just drilled a 3/8ths hole in the thermostat so there was always some water flow. TLC and they will be a good car if not driven hard.

Ya thanks for the advice. Ive noticed a few thigns that need to be taken care of, lil oil leak. But should be good for her first car, just needs to go aobut 15 miles a day, into dallas and back home. Now hopefully she will be able to get a job to help out around the house.

• Like 1

Nothin wrong with the bus. Its super reliable. $200 probably buys a year bus pass, gotta wonder if the $200 tempo will last as long or be as reliable. You may have just bought her a headache.

Its the thought that counts though.

$88 a month for a bus pass in portland / $968/yr

i'm sure vantucky is comparable - swing and a miss