Icehouse

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a big gas motor liquidation sale.

somebody didnt call his best friend

I tired to get ahold of Paulo so I could put a few L series motors in his row.  Someone has to help him line his driveway with L series engines!  

What is that motor out of?

A Tesla performance Model S 

Good times! Will be fun to watch how low you will go. Didn't your bro have an electric Le Car at one point. That thing still moving?

O yeah he puts hours into that thing haha.  It's got a chevy Volt battery pack in it now.  Which brings the rang up to around 80 miles and didn't add any weight.  

Jeff, you get all the cool stuff

I shop the same place you guys do, the internet :)  

Will the roadster still be electric?

Hopefully, electric is rad.  

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

I'm not sure what year it's out of.  Glad to know it's only the brake size that changes with the models :)  I'm sure I will be picking up a big brake kit somewhere along the build.  

I'm not sure what year it's out of.  Glad to know it's only the brake size that changes with the models :)  I'm sure I will be picking up a big brake kit somewhere along the build.  

Plug for a Miata shop owned by a buddy of mine: makes a gnarly bolt on big brake kit with Wilwood Dynalite calipers.  

http://www.trackspeedengineering.com/Brakes/Trackspeed-11-75-Gen2-Big-Brake-Kit.html 

He also knows more about Miata suspension than anyone I've ever met, probably could tell you anything you need to know about your swap  B)

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...
Yeah I'm pretty bad with updates.  Here are some from the last year.  Baby steps but I always have like 10 projects going on at once it seems.  Here are some pics of whats going on.  

Battery donner car.  16KW of capacity, and able to discharge minimum of 310KW on the worst pack testing.  The good packs were discharging around 360KW  It won't give me all that much range but it will keep the car light.  

TXn2b32.jpg

7YeG688.jpg

E2n9L4i.jpg

Pop the lid off and checking the voltage to find the state of charge.   

jKHbytj.jpg

YWRXuXp.jpg

Sam says I have to build this.  So I said if you engineer it I will build it.  

xMdDh8b.png

se0lJ3c.jpg

IQKKura.jpg

• Like 1

Kinda did this one backwards, drew the holes on the tape then programed them into the CNC.  Worked out fine though.  

BtiNFwh.jpg

MyZ2MkI.jpg

M24 tapped holes......  I was glad when those were done.  

RU6jYu5g.jpg

dc3V4Qt.jpg

Thank you Chris for coming in over christmas break to machine the posts for me!  Or should I say thank you in-laws for helping motivate you to leave the house on christmas break :)  

oKiMakV.jpg

DWKLOw7.jpg

ClSpwhU.jpg

• Like 2

ftknvM5.jpg

EZtT622.jpg

PLMHWeGg.jpg

DKEsbIS.jpg

whjK0Zs.jpg

A74gTKG.jpg

Well thats about where I'm at now.  I'd like to have the Gobstopper on the rotisserie lift very soon.  Even if we haven't finished the drive system.  

• Like 4