********* vandals.

Damn vandals. Leaving for work today and see that someone has shot out the door window of my F250. Glass everywhere. Second time in 2 years someone shot out one of my windows, last time it was the Daily Driver 620. Last time though it was a pellet gun spree 70 blocks long.

Oh well, guess it's time to drive this eyesore off to the wrecking yard- I can walk back. Can't seem to be able to sell it, no one wants a rusty (but running) '71 F250 with today's gas prices. Only folks that reply to the craigslist ads I put up either wanted parts (and parts that would have then required a flatbed to move it) or the hulk haulers. I can damn well drive it to the wrecker myself.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh, it gets worse. Since I didn't get a good look this morning I didn't notice that they'd stolen my fishing pole off the rifle rack. I was trying to see what they'd used to break the window and found the reel on the seat... so the reel must have gotten hung up on the rack and fell off (the line was snapped off at the reel). Then never unlocked the door, so it was a straight smash-and-grab, and I bet they broke the pole trying to steal it so it's not worth anything to them.

Oh well, guess it's time to drive this eyesore off to the wrecking yard- I can walk back. Can't seem to be able to sell it, no one wants a rusty (but running) '71 F250 with today's gas prices. Only folks that reply to the craigslist ads I put up either wanted parts (and parts that would have then required a flatbed to move it) or the hulk haulers. I can damn well drive it to the wrecker myself.

thats sad cause if you were closer i might know some people interested

yeah isnt that the point of owning a Datsun? Keep it looking so old and ratty you can just leave the doors unlocked and they can steal the old fan belts and blown radiator. Im just paranoid another Datsun enthusiast is gonna grab my truck for spare parts. Fucking theives stole my full five gallon gas can out the back of my 521 last week.

I hear ya---some asshole pried my 1200 hood up to steal the wiper motor and voltage regulator. Sucks, especially since I had a b210 junker parts car with the hood off right next to it! Man, if I catch them again-----well, not good for them. I thought the Datsun community was a band of brothers or whatever........................I guess the majority has to suffer a few punk asses in every culture.

Damn vandals. Leaving for work today and see that someone has shot out the door window of my F250. Glass everywhere. Second time in 2 years someone shot out one of my windows, last time it was the Daily Driver 620. Last time though it was a pellet gun spree 70 blocks long.

Move to the country,we have ways of dealing with those people out here.

Move to the country,we have ways of dealing with those people out here.

I plan to. I have over an acre in the hills outside Monroe, just haven't gotten around to getting the site plan/permits started for the well/septic. Plus it's a bit hard getting a construction loan nowadays.

Fucking theives stole my full five gallon gas can out the back of my 521 last week.

My little brown truck started getting shitty gas milage there for a bit, then I filled it up before I got home one night and the next morning I only had about 3/4 of a tank! :angry: I bought a locking gas cap and that got pried to shit the next week. :angry: So I wired a hood pin to the gas flap and on night the alarm went off, I came out and got to watch my Emma take a bite out of crime! :D No issues since! :lol: