sick620

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Boatman is coming tell him there is some Canuck beer for him :lol:

He will know who it is

Just spoke with Dave Bothwell, Grand Poobah of the DNW~ said the gates'll open up about 4-ish Friday afternoon...

T-shirts will be white~ UNLESS you request black in the comment box just below on registration form...

I'll be at the gate around 3-ish, waiting for DatzenMike to bring my new toy, and chanting Macy's-style~

"open, open, open...."

Im registering on the 13th regardless if the 620 is in a state where i want it. she will be coming up. ;) Hella stoked. Being this is my first year in the datsun world it will be cool to match some faces to Screen names.

• Like 1

Do they need anymore help with setting up?

They will certainly appreciate all the help they can get!! I just wanted to throw this out there.....they always need help at the end. It's certainly understood that there are a lot of people that have long trips ahead of them, but it would be awesome if some of the locals can hang around and help out!! We get a few more helping each year....the more the merrier!! :)

They will certainly appreciate all the help they can get!! I just wanted to throw this out there.....they always need help at the end. It's certainly understood that there are a lot of people that have long trips ahead of them, but it would be awesome if some of the locals can hang around and help out!! We get a few more helping each year....the more the merrier!! :)

count me in.... the 10 minute drive home wont wear me out too much :)

Okay, this year I'm totally going to wear a nametag and I'm going to make sure I meet everyone! I remember the last time I was at Canby I missed mklotz, though I did see the truck. Think it was turquoise? Or was that the right one?

Also, and this better not jinx me, but Joe is getting close to being finished with my new BIG port manifold. So if I can get that back, on, tweak with it, and have time to test before the trip, then I may well take the 510 and do a few 130 mph runs! I mean, no, I'll keep it at the legal speed limit, officer! ;)

A month to go! I saw my manifold today. God it's beautiful! Not quite finished, drove the 510 over to check for fitment for the angle where the throttle plate attaches.

So far, all I have to do before Canby is:

1. Fix the fuel lines, reverse, re-route per Creepy and my's discussion

2. Fix front brakes, lines are BARELY leaking from the master cylinder, but need to replace lines.

3. Replace master cylinder with slightly smaller one for better pedal feel.

4. Install new manifold and check for issues.

5. Put breather filter foam in air filter breather to prevent spooging of oil on high rpm runs.

(I did reverse the PCV operation so it's correct now, but high rpm still spooges a little out.)

6. Possibly install quieter muffler. Loud is fun, but too loud. Then again, loud pipes save lifes. And I was next to fat bitch in a bass-mobile suburban today. I kept revving it up, it clearly annoyed her toadness, who was busily trying to light a cigarette and fiddling with the stereo volume.

7. ......

8. Profit.

stick your thumb out and hope datzunmike drives by :lol:

LOL Ya I'd for sure hitch a ride if I could :blink:

Would be much more fun to drive my wood truck down with the Island Motley crew!

Mike,Lou Have you guys made plans to cruise together I would love to follow ya down.

Strength in numbers!

I have to try to figure this out? :huh:

I could load up the truck with swap meet stuff to try to sell? I gots lots of that stuff laying around?

$ Food ?

$ Ferry ?

$ Gas ?

$ Oil ?

$ admission ?

I'm stressing out thinking aboot what this will cost? When I get home tonight I will get some numbers up to see if this is possible?

Sadly I don't think I will be going.

With my new house loan I will be pretty much broke after closing costs, etc. That and I can't justify the gas money needed to do the trip plus expenses. That and the PTO I would have to use up is going to be needed for going up to Coeur d' Alene. My mother has terminal liver cancer and she was just put into the hospital yesterday for a blood transfusion, a last ditch effort to help with the dementia caused by the inability of the liver to filter out Ammonia (Hepatic encephalopathy). It's all about making her comfortable at this point.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

LOL Ya I'd for sure hitch a ride if I could :blink:

Would be much more fun to drive my wood truck down with the Island Motley crew!

Mike,Lou Have you guys made plans to cruise together I would love to follow ya down.

Strength in numbers!

I have to try to figure this out? :huh:

I could load up the truck with swap meet stuff to try to sell? I gots lots of that stuff laying around?

$ Food ?

$ Ferry ?

$ Gas ?

$ Oil ?

$ admission ?

I'm stressing out thinking aboot what this will cost? When I get home tonight I will get some numbers up to see if this is possible?

Is what I am shooting for(travel together) :cool:

Where there is a will there is a way Rich :cool:

Food costs no more than what it would cost you here :lol:

Ferry - Coho(Victoria to Port Angeles $55.00 car and driver/ Duke Point $61.50 car and driver( both one way )

Gas - $50-$60 (one way dependant on right foot :lol: )

Oil - Same as food :lol:

Entry - Depends on what you want, Just to be there is very minimal :cool:

Camping - ( $15.00 a night)

Seeing all the Datsuns in one spot ( priceless)

Meeting their owners ( equally priceless )

You can do it Rich :D