510 insurance.....who you use and how much they rip you off

Hey guys, had my car for almost three years now and uop until recently never had to insure it because well it wasnt road worthy. Now that I am almost finished with it and its a road worthy beast I had to insure it. Our insurance company added it to the policy and it jacked it up almost a 100 dollars a month WTF!!!!! A 100 a month for basic liability on a 71 4dr econo box!!!????? Just out of curiosity not to be nosey but what are your rates for your Datsuns and who do you use because the wife is talking about pulling it off coverage on June 14th because of financial reasons.........no 510 for summer and I just got the bitch on the road!!!!!!!!!!!Help me out

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Hagerty Classic car insurance. $124.00 a year. with an agreed value of $5000.00. I don't daily drive mine so it is licensed as a classic, so no licensing fees ever.

Yeah, one of the things about Hagerty is that it can't be a daily driver and you have to show proof that you have another car (or something that I read on their site). I have some janky insurance and its about $72 a month just for liability on my Z.

Edit: I'm sure the 510 would be at least a little cheaper since its a 4 door, etc

I thought about classic insurance but isnt there even limitations on the days your allowed to drive and stuff like only on sundays to and from car shopws and stuff...man I bet if I did drive it to work on a sunny friday and it got hit at works in the parking lot I woul be screwed

For someone that has had Datsuns insured in Washington, King County no less, that I a normal price.

Even after I reached the cheapest age level (over 25 and no tickets) I couldn't get basic liability for any less than $75 a month for a beat up old Datsun of any sort.

Its the same for newer cars though. Liability is the most expensive part of insurance. After that is collision and that depends widely on the value of the car.

I still pay about $80/month for one Datsun, $150/month for two. Doesn't matter if its a 240Z or a Nissan Frontier.

I never did go with classic car insurance or plates because want to haul things in my cars and drive them to work or the grocery store whenever I choose. If you have one box or item in your 'classic car' or 'classic truck' with those plates on it then you can get pulled over. They are not to be used for any sort of utility purpose.

USAA, its a little shy of 10 bucks a month on a multicar policy for any of my dattos. I think the 510 wagon was a bit cheaper than the 620 if that makes any sense... Im also 33 and havent had any sort of driving infraction in over 10 years. Ive been with my current insurer for that long also which seems to drop it more than anything else.

When I was 21 I was paying damn near 400 a month for just liability through some no name place because nobody else would insure me. The most memorable ticket I ever got out of was when I asked a cop to give me a ticket for whatever bullshit reason he could find because then Id qualify for SR22 (the state insurance for dangerous drivers) and Id save 200 bucks a month.

i use usaa. one thing with them is their costumer service is the best i have ever had. for my 510 its about 33 a month for liability plus uninsured driver coverage. im 26 havent got a ticket in almost 3 years, but i get quotes all the time for the free 10 dollar gift cars and subway sandwiches and stuff and i have not found a cheaper quote.

I pay our Provincial boys $1100 a year to insure a single Datto, that's with collision, comprehensive, theft and full liability and it allows me to drive it to and from work. Any other Datto costs me the same. This is with max discount for everything too ....

360$ every 6 months basic liability on my driver license, Not the cars/ Weid set up.

Othwise I wont be able to insure all the car if separeatly.

SRsands

I told you your wife was going to get pissed. better handle this now. As I seen many 510 get sold due to spouse.

How do you think I got my yellow car?The wife wanted Boat Now. Car gone Now.

june14update!!!!!!!!

Seen your car on Canby photos.

Man your car look looks good. You better drive it .

Car like that you better drive and and have the wife around also so she can see how cool it is when people say COOL car

I pay $20 a month with hagerty for my 510 insured at 10k and my cressida insured at 4k. Not sure how much each one is.

I had state farm and my 280z was insured for $43 a month liability as a regularly driven car