pl521sss

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2eDeYe;31084']Somebody's getting disc brakes :D

That valve cover is nice...

Yup' date=' I still need the Z32 calipers and rotors.

Front brake lines and dual MC

It will last one on the goodies to be installed.

Everything looks nice...merry xmas to you :D Kool front signals...did you buy them on E bay?

Markers are from ebay.

It's not Nissan OEM, didn't know till I got them.

It will work for now.

Are those Pegasus racing mirrors? Tell us about them. I have been looking at mirrors for a long time and those are hot. How much?

Side mirrors are F1GT3 Style

Real Carbon Fiber material

It's about $180 w/ tax and shipping

I'm really interested in what you will have to go through to mount those mirrors. I you could snap some pics when you go to install them I would be very appreciative. :D

I have been looking at them for a long time. I've wondered what kind of fasteners they give you. It looks like allen head from the pics on the website. I worry about someone being able to take a #2 screwdriver or an allen wrench and pop your mirrors off while you are parked somewhere. Maybe I wont spring for the carbon fiber and cheap out.

Anyway, really nice truck to be fixing up.

I'm really interested in what you will have to go through to mount those mirrors. I you could snap some pics when you go to install them I would be very appreciative. :D

I have been looking at them for a long time. I've wondered what kind of fasteners they give you. It looks like allen head from the pics on the website. I worry about someone being able to take a #2 screwdriver or an allen wrench and pop your mirrors off while you are parked somewhere. Maybe I wont spring for the carbon fiber and cheap out.

That risk is mitigated by a quick release latch on the base of the mirrors. :D

Just kidding.

Yes, it is a big risk if I park it anywhere questionable.

I will be using a one way screw or special type of allen screw but even with that, they will screw up my doors from trying to pry it out in desperation.

Second option is to wire it up with a 10,000V to give them a small doze of electrons.

Third option, install GPS tracking inside the mirrors.

4th option, purchase an alarm that comes with a personal body guard to keep an eye on my rig.

Now you got me paranoid.

Just like our gas cap on the wagon, it's just a matter of time.

Unless I do something before it happens.

They do sell the cheaper version $40 carbon fiber look a like.

pl521sss

"don't mess with another man's automobile"

If the mirror bolts have nyloc nuts on the inside, the nuts will never come off just by turning the screw on the outside of the door. The nuts will have to be held from the inside of the door. I'd make sure the bolts are long enough so that once tightened, there's at least an 1/8-1/4" of thread sticking out past the nut. You could also make a backing plate to spread the load of the bolts so that if the mirrors get bumped or pried on, they won't rip through the door metal.

If the mirror bolts have nyloc nuts on the inside, the nuts will never come off just by turning the screw on the outside of the door. The nuts will have to be held from the inside of the door. I'd make sure the bolts are long enough so that once tightened, there's at least an 1/8-1/4" of thread sticking out past the nut. You could also make a backing plate to spread the load of the bolts so that if the mirrors get bumped or pried on, they won't rip through the door metal.

you just addressed my concern.

Mirrors does come with small allen bolts with locking nuts.

That sounds cool.

pl521sss. I didn't want to make you paraniod. I'm torn between driving a truck that is well worn but clean & servicable or a really nice looking truck. Then I have to take care of it and worry about where I park it. I going to have to learn how to take care of my truck when I get it all painted and finish. I've been used to driving a really scarry looking 620 with no grill, bumber, pan and dented up hood and fenders had more rust than paint. When I would come up to four way stops women in nice cars would wave me the right of way whether I had it or not so I wouldn't hit them or something. It looked like the kind of ride that a drunk with no insurance had.

Funny story. The last time I painted my truck about fifteen years ago, I went on a hot date to a concert. There was an area of about a football field where cars parked and about two football fields where there was nobody. So that is where I parked. My date started bitching about hiking a mile but I said I worked too hard to cherry this thing out for somebody to open a door on it. It's not that far to walk.

After the concert, we are walking back and I see another couple way up ahead of us walking. There is a '63 Stingray parked over by the Datsun. My date says something like look there is somebody as crazy as you. The girl opens the passenger door and it swings all the way open, those things are so long. Edge of the door just catches the middle of my passenger door. She hops in and the guy takes off. I couldn't see his license plate.

Last year I had my company truck repainted and the next day a guy in a big U-HAUL backs into it. About six months ago some high school kids driving around late Saturday night threw a can of spagetti sauce at my wifes nice Honda and did a $1000 bucks damage.

The thing about driving a well worn vehicle is that you don't necessarily care that much. It has a sort of protective patina of dirt on it.

Here's a close up pix of the base and fasteners

pl521sss028.jpg