really... i mean come on

mswit209

some lady at my shop backed into my dime and crushed in the whole rear panel and jacked my trunk lid. damn old women in suburbans. oh well time for a new paint job i guess. she said she is going to pay for it. she also crushed a license plate housing and socket. i cant even open my trunk right now.. atleast i emptied it a couple days ago.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get why people tust other peoples word on :dont worry ill fix it: . I NEVER EVER WILL> screw you in my opinion, you hit me, deal with my freaking insurance because your ass is grass for being a shitty driver. I learned my lesson when a guy rolled into my altima, to ALWAYS file a report and go through the insurance. TO many people out there willing to screw you over.

getting a check for 2500 thats how much i need to get all the materials together to do it. i have a friend that does good paint and body work and hes gonna do it for free. then ill put his suspension on his mustang at some point.

but for now i need some parts wanted to see if you guys can hook me up. i need a rear panel, a left license plate light housing, and maybe even a trunk lid with the latch to go along with it because i dont know if mine is messed up yet. cant even open it. and if i have some spare cash does anyone have bumpers? and possibly a front right fender. i have cash in hand. and im willing to pick up.

this is all for a 72 4 door

ill post some pics in a bit kinda dont even wanna look at it.

and as far as just taking her word i still took all her information a picture of her license plate the damage to her suburban (if you can call a scuff mark damage). and i did tell her that one way or another it will be fixed because i will go through insurance if i have to. and i was at work and have all my coworkers as witnesses. so no matter what i have the advantage.

getting a check for 2500 thats how much i need to get all the materials together to do it. i have a friend that does good paint and body work and hes gonna do it for free. then ill put his suspension on his mustang at some point.

but for now i need some parts wanted to see if you guys can hook me up. i need a rear panel, a left license plate light housing, and maybe even a trunk lid with the latch to go along with it because i dont know if mine is messed up yet. cant even open it. and if i have some spare cash does anyone have bumpers? and possibly a front right fender. i have cash in hand. and im willing to pick up.

this is all for a 72 4 door

ill post some pics in a bit kinda dont even wanna look at it.

and as far as just taking her word i still took all her information a picture of her license plate the damage to her suburban (if you can call a scuff mark damage). and i did tell her that one way or another it will be fixed because i will go through insurance if i have to. and i was at work and have all my coworkers as witnesses. so no matter what i have the advantage.

All she sees is you wanting $2500 to fix slight damage on an old car.... i will be amazed if you see any money at this point.... and with the little scam you got going on with trading labor and buying doodads for your car with the cash you are more of a dirtbag than the old lady who just made a simple mistake.... hope you fuck up your master plan

• Like 1

Yeah man that is pretty fucked up. I hit a guy the other day and it was a little tappy little shit. He said 50$! OK I went to the bank and give it to him. But 2,500 from an old lady?! Common man...

Better yet post a pic of the damage and your car...

Yeah man that is pretty fucked up. I hit a guy the other day and it was a little tappy little shit. He said 50$! OK I went to the bank and give it to him. But 2,500 from an old lady?! Common man...

Better yet post a pic of the damage and your car...

What goes around Comes around!

its not really a master plan just to let you know i just found a way to do it cheaper then the first body shop that quoted 3200 for the repairs i actually looked up the prices for the parts and the paint and all the other materials i need and it came to around 2200 and that doesn't include what else might be needed for materials.

i wasn't saying my friend was doing it for free including the materials i was just saying he isn't charging me labor. so to say what comes around goes around isn't even right. im not jewing anyone. i took it to numerous body shops the cheapest i found was 2800 one shop laughed in my face about the 3200 quote.

so somewhere you guys misunderstood me and as far as buying doodads what did i mention about doodads i said if i have extra cash i want to see about some bumpers and a front right fender. <---- that doesnt look like doodads now does it.

But 2,500 from an old lady?! Common man...

why does it matter who did it?

maybe she has a rich old man?

maybe shes just loaded and doesnt want ins involved?

does it still make a differance? or should he ask for more knowing she has unlimited funds??? :rolleyes:

i had an old man run me into the curb(no contact-w/witness). he tried to run, called the cops.

we settled it in front of the cops, $200 cash. DONE!

if i had seen the HUGE roll of hundreds beforehand, i wouda asked for more!!!

doubt that a shop could properly fix it for less these days.

when my neighbor rubbed against the door and R quarter (crease) the only shop that would even quote (WALK IN!!!) was >$1000.

even HIS shop couldnt do it for less.

i was renting a garage space from him, so it became free :D

ins is the scam! why do shops have 2 rates?

1 for ins work and 1 for walk ins. (they ALWAYS ask before the quote!)

my ins payed some fuk $3800 for damage i did to his 80's beater... more than bluebook on

it too! :angry:

this is being done outisde ins!

:thumbup: for both sides (cuz it affects EVERYONE!)

Yeah, get off this guy about it. For anyone that's ever had to get body work done(I'm not talkin' about rattle canning over some shitty bondo in the back yard), you KNOW it isn't cheap. And even more for body work that comes out looking like it's actually been done right!

If she told him to get a quote, and he did, and it was $2500, what difference does it make? If she offered to pay for it to keep the insurance guys out of it, what makes him a crook or criminal or whatever?

If the damage was so bad that it pushed the trunk in and he can't open the hatch(which is also F*ed from the sounds of it), it's gonna cost alot, and $2500 seems like a low figure to me. For all you guys know, it's a show car. Get off him about it. He's sharing a crappy situation that happened to him; have a little compassion. <_<

• Like 1

Yeah, get off this guy about it. For anyone that's ever had to get body work done(I'm not talkin' about rattle canning over some shitty bondo in the back yard), you KNOW it isn't cheap. And even more for body work that comes out looking like it's actually been done right!

If she told him to get a quote, and he did, and it was $2500, what difference does it make? If she offered to pay for it to keep the insurance guys out of it, what makes him a crook or criminal or whatever?

If the damage was so bad that it pushed the trunk in and he can't open the hatch(which is also F*ed from the sounds of it), it's gonna cost alot, and $2500 seems like a low figure to me. For all you guys know, it's a show car. Get off him about it. He's sharing a crappy situation that happened to him; have a little compassion. <_<

if you need a fender and bumpers its obviously not a super clean car.... as the insurance companies see it .... its an old beater... hopefully it will somehow go through yours/her insurance and it will total at $2800.

AND !!! your full of shit about your parts and materials coming to $2200... if so how the fuck can the shop do it for $2800... thats only $600 labor.. Idiot.

i think we need pictures. If someone wrecked into my datsun i would KILL them and thats not even an understatement and my truck isnt even that great or anything. So I understand where home boy is coming from. But also this old lady obviously didnt mean to run over your dime and im sure she feels very bad already so take it easy on her. i mean 2,000 bucks could buy you a new one.

• Like 3

thanks to the people that have my back and as far as the materials go im not a shop or a company that can get discounts on parts so it obviously gonna cost me a lot more for materials then a body shop. i dont know what they get their materials for but since i work in an auto shop we get huge discounts on parts for cars. and no your right my car isn't a show car it will be and thats what i was gearing towards. most of my car was complete the only major problem was one fender was a little tweaked and the only reason i want to replace it is because it had previous bondo work that i dont want to deal with so i would rather replace it. i was missing my bumpers ever since i got the damn car and didn't think anything of it until this happened so i decided to get them put back on. the interior was pretty much mint except for the carpet which i had already replaced was about to get my whole bottom half interior redone the way i want it so it looks how i want it to.

if i wanted to be a crook i would just take the money then call it in on her insurance to get more but no im not doing that. and i could have even said that i want it done at the body shop for 3200 and taken it to my friend for 2500 and taken the extra cash.

im not on here to deal with your bullshit im on here to gain knowledge and share my knowledge.

you know i would put up pictures but im afraid it would fuel the fire for the people that just wanna flame on this thread so as of right now i refuse to post them. if people come to there senses about the situation maybe i will.

if james johnson sees this he saw my dime today so he knows what condition it is in.

and maybe i would have gone a lot easier on her if she didn't try to run and i didn't have to chase her down and almost get run over by her. as soon as i hopped in front of her car she had the well know (oh shit they caught me) look on her face. i actually made it easier for her because a coworker had her lp memorized so if she got away it would have been a hit and run on her part. i actually saved her from worse troubles.

• Like 1

seriously i dont see how hes being a crook guys he did things without getting the insurance involved if my accedent wasent as major as it was i would have rather done it without insurance involvment but considering my car was totaled and the lady was wearing a tacobell uniform insurance was the way to go so stop doggin on this guy for doing things the way he did its not like he broke into her house and stole her lifes savings

i for one want to see pics of the car simply cause i want to see what a susburan can do to a 510 vs a 610