F**K AUTOZONE

u guys need to stop complaining i love autozone!!! they have sick decals yo!! it adds 10hp plus the neon lights!!! and then kragen omg!!! its like heaven asking for the same part over and over and over again.... and granted im young but i do know how to work on my car and i know wat part i need. so please dont stare at me like im retarded when i say i drive a 71 datsun 510... no not a truck.. and yes nissan is datsun so stop asking me "Do u mean nissain?!?!?!?!" :blink: :blink: i sometimes want to slap them and just take my parts.... but i have also seen stupid people go into kragen to so its not entirely there fault........

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: :blink: i sometimes want to slap them and just take my parts.... but i have also seen stupid people go into kragen to so its not entirely there fault........

Iv just gone back and got it myself before, it helps to remember the part numbers of the stuff you regularly get (gaskets belts ect) so you can just hand them a a paper with the part numbers on it and then you dont have to go threw the "I only know what the almighty parts computer tells me" shenanigans.

lol Phil what Baxters do you work at, some times itl be worth the drive to go see someone that knows what a Datsun is at a place I get a discount (North West Z FTW)

The aftermarket parts "reman" business is total crap! :angry:

Used to be that I bought EVERYTHING from NAPA...then their stuff started getting really iffy. I knew the owners of the store and all the counter guys really well (small town benefits right?) They all acknowledged the problem and were able to show me how maost of the remanufacturing that takes place today occurs in Mexico...with parts from China. They went on to tell me the problem was completely systemic (the whole reman system is screwed) and no matter what store you buy parts from...youve got a 50 percent chance of getting crap. Now, this is what the NAPA store owners told me a few years ago. Seems to me (as I actually like AutoZone)...that we've all got a 50 percent chance of having stuff really suck. Just like they told me I would. :angry:

We drive older cars and trucks....that makes us the idiot in the eyes of the aftermarket parts suppliers. It's onle going to get worse. Keep this in mind....

MOST of the "consumable" parts...(brake pads, wheel bearings,shocks, clutches, hoses, etc) are becoming harder and harder to find. This means that in most "over-the-counter"...walk in experiences, we can begin to expect more and more problems finding the stuff we need. Period.

There are places on-line that are doing a great job keeping up with our specific needs right? Rock-Auto comes to mind. But if you look ahead a few years its pretty easy to see that we are going to be up a creek when it comes to the really hard to find parts. Even Junk Yards are getting a little thin on Datsuns for the vultures. <_<

I still go to AutoZone because I have found that by using the card I do actually save money in the long run. I have also found that they stand behind the warranty they offer. I have noticed that there are DEFENITELY people that work there that really have no business selling car parts..at all. :blink:

The other day I was in one of the local AutoZones and the young guy helping me was freakin out about my truck and he was telling me stories about his old 1968 Toyota Corona, his old A86...his Grandpa had a 510, he worked on all these old imports and he knew what was up...so...I guesssssss

Thats about it really...sorry that you had this crappy experience man. I know it well. From Carquest, NAPA, AutoZone, Kragen, O'rielly's, PepBoys and the Nissan dealership... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

It's gotten better since a few years back. NAPA switched from Rayloc to ???? I'm drawing a blank, but anyway, the reman alternator/starters seems to be a whole lot better. I have quite a few of either since I work there, and haven't had any issues recently. Autozone/Schmucks/O'Reillys still use A1 Cardone most of the time, which does rebuild well, but seems as though quality all over has been lacking lately.

I think it's mainly because of the prevalance of Chinese assembly or manufacturing as just about every "US" company takes advantage of the cheap labor. It's a little better if it's just assembled in China with US parts or what have you, but it's a guessing game unless you really dig into it.

As far as the "New" Duralast alternators, I'll just say we get a lot of people coming in with a dead 3 month old alternator from Autozone, and we say, well, what do you expect for a $30 alternator? Then we sell them one of ours and no more issues. Not saying we're perfect, but I don't think the entire reman system is screwed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, bottom line it's all about the people. A good parts guy is worth his weight in gold, unfortunately they're usually not paid like it.

The aftermarket parts "reman" business is total crap! :angry:

Thats about it really...sorry that you had this crappy experience man. I know it well. From Carquest, NAPA, AutoZone, Kragen, O'rielly's, PepBoys and the Nissan dealership... :rolleyes:

ive had both experiences at all the above. and continue too...

only pep boys has lost my business forever.

vatozone: there are 3 w/in acceptable distances, and if i go in to the closest(as i do anywhere) w/3 or so potential donor vehicles, i can usually get the correct item.

i never listen to their 'on sale' garbage and always laugh at the sucker who doesnt know what they need. :rolleyes:

1 even has a female ass-man that does know her shit. :o

i personally have not had an ALT fail out of the box.

ive also had 1 w/a lifetime warranty that has replaced the ALT in 5 different 510's. :)

i personally have not had an ALT fail out of the box.

ive also had 1 w/a lifetime warranty that has replaced the ALT in 5 different 510's. :)

HAHHAH! saturday when i sold my suspension to 1974datsun620, my old brake shoes were under warranty from the previous owner! So I walk into he Hawthorne store and told them the old owners Phone number and his name Buddy Reynolds. They gave me new shoes! Suckers..... I gave them to 1974datsun620 cus I converted to disks....

you know something about a car. hence they wont hire you. been there done that. i am OVER qualified for the job, so they cant hire me.

That is probably true. Or the fact that when I have my goatee, I look like a angry giant?

PS the nickname I have for the autozone here is VATOZone, since I ONLY see mexicans hired. Literally. NO white, black, asian people AT ALL.

That is probably true. Or the fact that when I have my goatee, I look like a angry giant?

PS the nickname I have for the autozone here is VATOZone, since I ONLY see mexicans hired. Literally. NO white, black, asian people AT ALL.

same here. most are mexi-cants (CANT speak English, CANT find the parts you need, CANT do anything right) that dont know their ass from a hole in the ground.

HAHHAH!

... were under warranty from the previous owner! So I walk into ...They gave me new shoes! Suckers.....

yup!

got a used WP at a swapmeet w/receipt in the box.

walked out w/a new, and under warranty, WP.

i have 11 vehicles in their database, only 1 of which ive ever owned :lol:

Guest DatsuNoob

Iv just gone back and got it myself before, it helps to remember the part numbers of the stuff you regularly get (gaskets belts ect) so you can just hand them a a paper with the part numbers on it and then you dont have to go threw the "I only know what the almighty parts computer tells me" shenanigans.

lol Phil what Baxters do you work at, some times itl be worth the drive to go see someone that knows what a Datsun is at a place I get a discount (North West Z FTW)

Another schucks story...which I know you guys are getting tired of, but one time I was looking for gauge sending units for universal gauges at shucks, so I asked the cashier to check if they have any. He asked me what car model I have. At that moment I knew this guy had no idea what he was doing.

hahaha ! that sucks , seems like you interrupted his lunch of "weed" :huh: :o :mellow: :o :mellow: :lol:

yup!

got a used WP at a swapmeet w/receipt in the box.

walked out w/a new, and under warranty, WP.

i have 11 vehicles in their database, only 1 of which ive ever owned :lol:

Hey hang it was you I sold the l pump to last year at canby!

This goes to everyone

when you swap a part out for an old not under warranty.YOU ARE STEALING! I love how they are all about "I fucking hate thieves" but turn around and take advantage of the moron behind the counter.

Mopar I would like an apology for that mexican bullshit you said. I would like you to say that in front of me or some one that will do something about it. You internet tough guy racist.

Hey hang it was you I sold the l pump to last year at canby!

This goes to everyone

when you swap a part out for an old not under warranty.YOU ARE STEALING! I love how they are all about "I fucking hate thieves" but turn around and take advantage of the moron behind the counter.

Mopar I would like an apology for that mexican bullshit you said. I would like you to say that in front of me or some one that will do something about it. You internet tough guy racist.

Hey! My parts had warranty.. Under the old owner.... LOL!

You cant do this with mom and pop stores. THEY REALLY CHECK IF ITS FROM THE SAME MANUFACTURE!

Chill out man... Its true that 2/3 of the workers at autozone are MEX. I seen a few blacks but I think they got hired cus they know perfect spanish. That freaked me out.

YOU KNOW SPANISH?!?!? Pues claro! Que necesitas... Una manguera de agua? Que ano? 1974?... Troca o caro? troca 620. Esperame... Este es la parte? Holly shit you do know spanish! WOW! HAHAHAH!

Common man. Its in your blood! We are cheap and we steal... ANd then we brag about it... If your straight then cool. But I is just doing it cus they stupid... No harm in that right?

Shit when I used to work at autozone all the Mexican workers stole parts from the store all the time! they damage them out. Trow them in the bin. Take it out and pick it up after the shift... Missing waterpumps and chevy fuel pumps you name it...

i for one am a person who feels if your here working, learn the god damn language! if not go home. if you cant do your job, you have no right being here. go home. most of what we have here of the mexicans, WONT learn the language, dont know how to do their job properly and WONT LEARN HOW, and take jobs from people, that know ENGLISH and would actually know how to do said jobs, like me, so they can live happily sending money to mexico.

as for an apology.... nope! if your one of the mexicans that can speak English and do your job properly, then what i have said should not concern you.

oh and if you read what was originally stated, i said MOST, not all. and it referred to most of the mexicans at autozone. but now you brought ALL of them into the open. good job.

oh and by the way, if you come here but are willing to LEARN the English, and are here LEGALLY, then your good in my book. but those that refuse to.... go home and dont come back.

x2

Without exception every one of the guys behind the counter look at me with the very same blank stare when I say "Datsun". I believe I own the very last Datsun in the entire state

I Personally get a real kick out of this...Every time I go to "The Zone" I have the same problem getting parts for my 510. It really messes them up when they finally find the car and then they say "which engine?" and I tell them it's an L20B. They're like...That's not an option, you don't have that engine. Then I have to start all over. I went to Autozone last week and I literally spent over an hour waiting for the parts guy to find a freeze plug that they had in stock. He didn't even know what a freeze plug was and had never heard of one till I came in looking for one for my 1969 510 Goon. Oh, yeah...he told me there was no such thing as a 1969 Datsun 510 "Wagon" too. Autozone is run by morons.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, bottom line it's all about the people. A good parts guy is worth his weight in gold, unfortunately they're usually not paid like it.

+2 , :thumbup: A-men too that ! :D Saves time , money , cost , and you learn something from eachother on what parts are common failures as well as good brands to stick with , and the GOOD parts guys like you say can usually point you in the right direction anytime they can !

HRH thankyou ! it's smart cookies like you that let me get my datto on ! :lol: :thumbup: