F**K AUTOZONE

so the charge light had come on in the kingcab. went through and checked all the normal stuff. from there i figured that i just needed to get a new alternator for it. went down to autozone, since they had the best price. picked up the reman alternator and turned in my old one. i had em test the old one too and it was bad.

get the new reman home and put it on the truck... and guess what!? the charge light is still on. so i go through clean all the grounds and connections and shit. the light goes off. take the truck around the block, and the light comes back on.

so now im thinkin, well what the fuck. this is a new alternator. figured it had to be the cheap ass volt regulator that i just bought FROM AUTOZONE.

called em up, and ask if they could order me a replacement volt reg since i just bought it not even a month ago, and since it had a 90 warranty. they tell me ive gotta bring the truck down there so they can test it. so fuck it, i drive down there, the asshole kid from behind the counter comes out with a battery/alt checker and tells me that the volt regulator is good and the alt is bad.

so i tell him well get me another alternator out and replace this one.

he tells me that they cant do that because i need to find whats drawing power first. he says that something in my truck is drawing all the amps away from the alt. i then proceed to tell him if the alternator is bad its not gonna make any amps, and thats the reason why my fucking dummy light is on.

and i wrong for thinking that when the RED CHARGE light is on that the alternator might be the issue?????? i mean, last time the charge light came on, i put another alternator on and the light went off.

so now i have to got the autozone in the next town over and see if theyll replace it there. if not, fuck im gonna have to get ahold of the BBB or somethin. this is total and utter bullshit.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BBB aint going to do shit. They already got an F! I tried calling there customer center and they never pick up and there invoice is full.

Last time I was there I ordered some bushings only to be given to the wrong guy! I came to pick up my part and they said. NOPE! You pick them up! We always check for receipts before handing out ordered products out. You signed and picked up your product already. WHAT? I Never picked them up I swear! Well there is nothing we can do.... A week later the man with my parts returned them since they did not fit his car and autozone called me back... UHHHhhh.... We have your parts.... WTF!!!! FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!! YOU CHECK FOR RECEIPTS HUH MUTHER FUCKERS!!!!! HOW COME THEY WERE RETURNED THEN!!!! Stupid fucks...

Even the pads are whack. Mom and pop store here sold me name brand ceramics for the same price as auto-zone semi metallics... Seriously Mom and pop store's can even get the part the same day from there warehouse. While Autozone takes them 3 days. Not only that but mom and pop stores are sometimes run by the owners and they care for good business and customer satisfaction.

Seriously Autozone had lost my business unless I have Lifetime warranty on a part...

That Sucks man!!! I say take out the alternator just walk in and get yer money back,go to a NAPA or other parts store and buy a better replacement,The Only parts I get from VATOZONE is brake pads/shoes.

The assholes wont accept installed electrical items. You can try!

That Sucks man!!! I say take out the alternator just walk in and get yer money back,go to a NAPA or other parts store and buy a better replacement,The Only parts I get from VATOZONE is brake pads/shoes.

the thing is, i told the guy id take it off right where i parked, and they still said no. the guy kept saying that i needed to find all the power draws in the system. when he tested it the meter said it was only putting out 4-5amps. the guy kept saying that i needed to find out what was drawing all the power away. i didnt know what to say from this point. i just closed my hood and left.

im just so totally baffled that guy wouldnt warranty the alt even after verifying that it was only putting out 4-5amps.

thats some bullshit i had a similar issue with them recently with a voltage regulator i honistly dont care if i have to pay more im going to napa at least there i know im getting the right part and if it doenst work they WILL replace it

the thing is, i told the guy id take it off right where i parked, and they still said no. the guy kept saying that i needed to find all the power draws in the system. when he tested it the meter said it was only putting out 4-5amps. the guy kept saying that i needed to find out what was drawing all the power away. i didnt know what to say from this point. i just closed my hood and left.

im just so totally baffled that guy wouldnt warranty the alt even after verifying that it was only putting out 4-5amps.

This is were being an ASSHOLE comes in to play,THE power drain IS the ALTERNATOR Dip shit!! is what you tell him,Then you ask "Fix cars Much?" just be a "problem customer" and stress that their "part" IS the problem!!! don't leave untill you Get what YOU want.

The only thing I can recommend for you to do is take it off and test it in that indoor alternator/starter machine. If the machines fails it then get another one under warranty. But take it to get tested else were.. They will give you crap and not test it in that current autozone...

Sorry to hear that , my buddy and I wen't through 3 alternators from autozone ( I told him to get the warranty ) before one was declared ok ? :blink: you might pull out the brushes in them and see if that could be the cause , other than that warranty again is always a good choice.

You have a 73 Dodge 620???? COOL!!!! slant six or v8???

Does it have air cond? :o

I only buy tire shine & soapy stuff at autostone. NAPA

I never go to autozone. When I need quick things I go to Schucks. Speaking of which, I went there today to go pick up an oil filter and oil for a change. For some reason, they removed the little computer that tells you what filters fit your vehicle, and replaced it with a FRAM only part # book. I said screw that and went to the counter to check compatibility. I gave them my car model and the first thing they says is "You want Fram??" I said no and asked for the Wix. A good thing though, I saw a guy who also was getting an oil filter ans was browsing the Frams, which I then told him about their shitty quality and to get Wix, K&N or Motocraft. He couldn't find one of those for his car and ended up getting a bosch.

On another note, I ordered a clutch for the L18 and picked it up like normal. couple days later I get a phone call from them saying my clutch came in and I need to pick it up... so I got two new clutches for the price of one!

Another schucks story...which I know you guys are getting tired of, but one time I was looking for gauge sending units for universal gauges at shucks, so I asked the cashier to check if they have any. He asked me what car model I have. At that moment I knew this guy had no idea what he was doing.

He asked me what car model I have. At that moment I knew this guy had no idea what he was doing.

80% of parts counter guys.

I got to a specific Napa where I know the guy or I go to Baxters because I get a discount.

I only go to Autozone when everythings closed and I need something asap since there open till 10pm

Since I drug my 620 home, I've stopped by several of the area parts counters to get things for it. Without exception every one of the guys behind the counter look at me with the very same blank stare when I say "Datsun". I believe I own the very last Datsun in the entire state of Iowa. Most of them have to get out a book to look things up. The computer has things under Nisson, but it's more fun watching the kids flip through the book first. We do have a NAPA store, but mostly it's local chains that are very good at finding what you need. Bad thing is almost every thing is at least a couple of days to get. Now if I owned a John Deere, things would be lots different.

At Kragen/Schucks/O'Reilly, I have a lifetime warranty on the driver's side halfshaft in my woman's civic. I bought it with abs, not knowing any better ( thought all EX models had abs, dummy ) then I popped off the trim ring for the abs so it'd fit. 3 years later, try to warranty it for the boots ripped and axle clicking, they said "it doesn't have the ring, we can't warranty it." I tell them to go bring 2 axles out, one with abs, one without. They do so, And I show them that the ONLY difference is the abs ring, yet they still wouldn't warranty it. So, I contacted a friend at a different store, he said "bring it up, I got you." So, now, I have to drive an hour to get it warrantied because EVERYBODY at the store by me is either: A) an immigrant who barely speaks english, B) A woman, or C) is a young kid who asked ME what a part is, since I know him through friends. I have applied there multiple times, they've SEEn my knowledge on them, yet STILL won't hire me? I don't know. Glad there's a NAPA around the corner that my cousin works at. If I don't know what it is, he sure as hell does.

One place I love is Carquest. They have a machine shop and parts store by me and the guys actually know a thing or two about cars. You can bring in a part and they immediately know what it is and what it came off of. One time I asked for some 40mm and other freeze plugs for an L motor, and the guy asked if I was building a 22re or datsun motor. Guess they are the same but he had a clue what was going on.

The best I've gotten so far is a guy came in with a '73 Z car with SUs and asked some of the older countermen what kind of oil to put in them. They looked baffled, and I said, hey, I run SUs on my 510, use Marvel mystery oil or sewing machine oil! That was sweet, I one-upped the old dogs!

I have applied there multiple times, they've SEEn my knowledge on them, yet STILL won't hire me? I don't know.

you know something about a car. hence they wont hire you. been there done that. i am OVER qualified for the job, so they cant hire me.

Guest DatsuNoob

The boys down at the local Autozone near my place recommended a Fram filter for my Mini :frantics: Said they were some of the best, and that both of them had been using them forever. I asked if that was before or after they became Chinese junk. They looked at me like they'd never heard anything so ridiculous ever, as if to defend Fram's good name :rolleyes: . Whatever, I bought my Castrol Syntec there cuz it's the cheapest anywhere, but I had to go to O'reilly's (whom I hate the worst out of any parts store) for a Wix. I'm not joining any ratsun anti-fram smear campaign or anything, I've never liked them. It was the first filter I had to change that wasnt a screw on type. He handed me a box with a filter in it that looked like a tiny Shop-vac filter. I almost told him it wasn't the right one, but I checked and it was. Canister filters are strange IMO, not neccesarily better or worse, just different.