S130Z, Dottie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thought of that makes me sick.

At least put a 2jz in it.

Whats the problem? Lots of power, good drivability, and able to achieve over 30mpg on long trips (In a 240z at least). My point is they makes lots of power, and are fairly efficient as well.

LOL HAHAHA can't believe anyone thought that was serious XD I basically listed everything that I'm against for Datsuns lmao

First, fuck LSx's and anyone who puts them in a Datsun/Nissan, or any other car they didn't come stock in, for that matter.

Second, as long as I can help it, this car will never be turbo'd

Third, absolute blasphemy to put an auto in a sports car!!

Doing a somewhat mild L28, 9.5 to 10:1 compression, old Clifford grind cam, P90 head with a bunch of work done on it (by me and my dad) and SUs (might step up to triples later on, but this is still my DD and I have no experience with them yet lol)

Shooting for ~200whp which will be a nice bump from where I'm at now and should allow me to do some 70mph+ entrys and shit haha

• Like 1

Whats the problem? Lots of power, good drivability, and able to achieve over 30mpg on long trips (In a 240z at least). My point is they makes lots of power, and are fairly efficient as well.

I do not dislike the LS1, he said LS1 and automatic... It just seems like the most undesirable setup unless a daily driver car.

I do like american V8, the corvettes LSx, Fords new 5.0's, they are OK for Z's but it just does not look right to me. Designed for an inline-6, and they just look at home in the engine bay...

LOL HAHAHA can't believe anyone thought that was serious XD I basically listed everything that I'm against for Datsuns lmao

First, fuck LSx's and anyone who puts them in a Datsun/Nissan, or any other car they didn't come stock in, for that matter.

Second, as long as I can help it, this car will never be turbo'd

Third, absolute blasphemy to put an auto in a sports car!!

Doing a somewhat mild L28, 9.5 to 10:1 compression, old Clifford grind cam, P90 head with a bunch of work done on it (by me and my dad) and SUs (might step up to triples later on, but this is still my DD and I have no experience with them yet lol)

Shooting for ~200whp which will be a nice bump from where I'm at now and should allow me to do some 70mph+ entrys and shit haha

Why not L28ET? seems good like 230hp reliable and good DD? Then again thats crank rated HP... Its what I'm trying to get my brother to save for.

And yes, manual shift is the best for touring sports cars!! Most fun! only sucks in traffic.

i made 150rwhp on a stock junkyard p79/f54 combo l28 with a msa header,dual SU's,fidanza flywheel and advanced timing.

i think 200rwhp would be doable with a big cam headwork and the SU's i think you will like the SU's easier to tune and cheaper to come by also they are inherently more torquey then triples due to there design.

z-ya on hybridz made 180rwhp on a n47/f54 combo (10-1 comp ratio) with stock cam polished off the casting marks no porting and a SU fuel injection manifold and megasquirt.

so it's totally doable.

i'm not sure what diff you have but a higher ratio might get you closer to what you want and keep you in the power band as well.

Lol I sucked in both those vids... later on in the day (on the sportwhacks) I started figuring the car out again, def ned moar powar

Second parking lot vid was on too much camber and bald tires #racecardriverexcuses

And here butthead lol

20120212-DSC_0253.jpg

Such an epic ride. Really dig it all comes together perfectly and it's cool to see it getting drifted. Thumbs up

You wouldn't happen to have another rear wing laying around would you? Ha I've been looking for one but they are rather tough to come by.

LOL RB25 is not reliable and WHEN shit goes wrong, id play hell to get parts for it (unlike an L, which I can go to pretty much ANY parts store and get everything for it [except a damn SU carb kit <_<])

VG30DE is just as unreliable, looks like shit, sounds like shit, and uses a rubberband to keep the cams turning.

VH41 is still ugly, sounds decent at best, probably somewhat reliable, but still uses a damn rubberband.

And damn Unfriendly! Where the fuck you been??