S130Z, Dottie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and then right after I left work, I was going down this secluded street, and I notice this slight dragging noise, so I pull of to the side to check what it was... I look under the car, and it's a tube of some sort... so I go to jack the car up with my scissor jack, can't get it under the car ANYWHERE, so I look around... and this is what I ended up doing:

DSC04474.jpg

anyways, I caught the dragging too late, my speedo no longer works, but I was able to tuck it back up so that it didn't drag anymoar on the way home lol

Driveshaft bolts came loose(but not off) at 75mph:

o40528997.jpg

There is only so much you can do when you have coilovers, 3.5" of ground clearance, and no jack that will fit under the car. LOL

alright, so I took these probably on Wednesday, I've been in Sacramento over the weekend racing the Firebird lol

DSC04475.jpg

DSC04476.jpg

And then while I was there I realized that I wanted to do a bunch of stuff to the Firebird, so the original plan was to pt the Z on the back burner for a while, and work on the Bird. The first thing I wanted to do was get a newish pair of seats for the Firebird since she desperately needs those (springs are starting to poke through the fabric :o ) So I went to the junkyard today, and was lookin through the F-body section, when low and behold, there's anactual Recaro T/A right there! look inside, and found these:

DSC04497.jpg

DSC04498.jpg

DSC04499.jpg

DSC04500.jpg

I know they're beat to all hell, but they're restorable, and I couldn't beat$55.67 for the pair lol So these are going in the Z (once they're refinished), and the seats in the Z rght meow are going to go in the Firebird lol

lmao yea why does my title say that? XD

and today was a pretty good day at work...

first, a lady finally drove her bone stock '81 280ZX so I could finally do STOCK vs. DUMPED:

2010-08-08125843.jpg

looks like a pretty mild drop to me.

and then I realized that there was a big rig trailer parked in the lot and I was like ZOMG WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THIS EARLIER and then did this:

2010-08-08162129.jpg

I was like 8) for the rest of the day lol

• Like 5

and then I realized that there was a big rig trailer parked in the lot and I was like ZOMG WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THIS EARLIER and then did this:

2010-08-08162129.jpg

I was like 8) for the rest of the day lol

I just HAD to save that picture! tongue.gif Fucking sweet!

You should fab up some protective plates for the frame rails. The stock rails are thin and flimsy, and even on a regular height car can get bashed easily. I've seen cars where the rail got caught on something and it literally ripped the rail like a sardine can.

lol yea back befoar I was truly dumped, I caught a stud sticking out of the road and it tore through a section of my frame rail, but I bent it back and welded it shut again.

And to be prefectly honest, the frame rails don't actually look THAT bad, I'm lucky enough in my commute that I don't have to go over anything serious (besides lane dots lol)

and I do plan on eventually protecting the frame rails, but I still gotta figure out how I wanna do it and where to get the metal from, and how to mount it up...

• Like 2

lol yea back befoar I was truly dumped, I caught a stud sticking out of the road and it tore through a section of my frame rail, but I bent it back and welded it shut again.

And to be prefectly honest, the frame rails don't actually look THAT bad, I'm lucky enough in my commute that I don't have to go over anything serious (besides lane dots lol)

and I do plan on eventually protecting the frame rails, but I still gotta figure out how I wanna do it and where to get the metal from, and how to mount it up...

McDonald's Plastic Food Tray's ;)