S130Z, Dottie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was curious about what year Toyota Cresida afm you are using? Is it a plug and play? Why did you use it; does it flow more air or something... Your car looks good. Looking for a new quarter panel? Look at www.blackdragonauto.com page 9. 140 dollars will get you a new re-manufactured panel.

lol the panel will be fixed once I get my wheels on, then also get a whole bunch of money saved up to do all the paint/bodywork at the same time ;) (I MIGHT have found a parts car, but I'm not sure yet...)

So this moarning I went to the junkyard... just got some quick disconnect injector connectors off of a Bonneville (fit my injectors and are better than the 30+ year old ones that are on it).

Later on, I decided I was finally going to change the valve cover gasket that was leaking oil all down the side of my engine, along with degrease that side of the motor, and also put my cool pink pulley/fan on my brand newish alternator.

as always, the pictars; the befoar/during stage:

DSC04216.jpg

DSC04217.jpg

DSC04220.jpg

DSC04222.jpg

ah, how I do like a clean valvecover... :P

DSC04223.jpg

DSC04226.jpg

DSC04224.jpg

DSC04225.jpg

I'm not too happy with the way the degreaser left all that white residue, but oh well, I'm sure it'll go away eventually lol

oh, and on the AFM, I BELIEVE it was from a MX73 cressida, whatever the boxier body style is... I got it because it is quite a bit larger than the stock NA AFM and moar closely matches my 60mm KA24 TB.

It's MOSTLY a plug and play thing, but you have to swap out the circuit boards in the AFM itself, then you also have to find the larger couplers (I just used the cheap ones you can get at O'Reilley's or whatever).

So I was driving around trying to make a pair of exhaust tips for my Z (which one ended up falling off on the first drive with them :'( ) but anyways, this old Native American lookin guy on a suuuper clean Harley pulls up next to me and says "Is that one of them Datsuns?" I was like "yea..." he goes on about how he's got this whale tail for a Datsun in his backyard, and wanted to know if I wanted it, I asked him how much, he said he'd just give it to me. for that price, I couldn't really turn it down (even if it was for an S30) lol I go by his place about an hour later... he says it's all the way in the back. It's on this table sitting under some wrought iron and chicken wire (so I'm already thinking it's FUBAR)... look closely at it, it's a 280ZX hatch in silver with no wiper blade.... hmmm, that makes it a Non-GL like my car, look at the spoiler, it's black... reach up to feel it, it's URETHANE! I just came across a freaking ZX-R hatch! and the guy's going to give it to me for free! This is a one of 1009 EVER MADE!

Tied it up to the roof of my Z and bring it home :D

nao for teh pictars:

DSC04231.jpg

DSC04230.jpg

DSC04229.jpg

And after a VERY quick cleaning of the spoiler:

DSC04232.jpg

It's got NO cracks, NO pitting, NO warping... it's scary how nice it is, especially for sitting out in the Vegas sun for 7+ years...

Now I just need to figure out what to do with it... lol

Hao my car sits currently:

DSC04239.jpg

DSC04240.jpg

DSC04241.jpg

As you can see, my injector connectors have seen better days, on top of the fact that one of the injectors was leaking and making it idle rough... Got some "new" injectors that I tested (well, they pop open when I put 9v to them lol) that are going in, and some GM connectors that are alot better and should make ALOT better contact :D

wrapped it up a little bit ago... from ~8am this moarning until ~5pm I've been workin on just this stupid little thing lol

DSC04242.jpg

(my harness completely loomed up... I didn't like using the corrugated crap, but it looks better than the overly large heatshrink over the individual injector harnesses befoar)

DSC04243.jpg

all back together! :D

I also put in a new coolant temp sensor just because that's one of the few things I hadn't replaced yet.

All in all, I'm super happy, it got rid of the stumble at idle (idles smoother than natural almost lol), drives smoother, revs faster and higher, and actually seems to have moar power :D