S130Z, Dottie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay for shitty road construction! stupid bastards left a stud sticking like 2 inches out of hte ground... and I was caught in the wrong lane at the wrong time...

on the ground view:

DSC04152.jpg

DSC04153.jpg

jacked up view:

DSC04154.jpg

DSC04155.jpg

temporarily repaired view:

DSC04156.jpg

DSC04157.jpg

gonna park the car till I have a chance to weld the frame rail back together and get the front toe set... shit is almost bald on the inside of the tires nao... <_<

Why is there a drill bit sticking through your floor? And really, two inches? There is such a thing as too low on public roads, and a reason for the law (at least in some states) that nothing can be lower than the lowest lip of your wheels. Even then, how are you getting over speed bumps? :P

LOL I was wondering if someone was going to notice the drill bit XD That was there from the previous owner (probably from either the system install or the interior) I'm not sure, but I thought it was funny as hell and just left it there till now when I got pissed about the stupid stud and broke it off :( And no, there is no such thing as too low. At this height, do you really think I go over speed bumps? I don't have to go over any at the normal places I go, and if I ever come across one, I'll make a U-turn and park somewhere else.

They're 15x8 -12, and 15x10 -50. Going to be paying $900+ once I get all six of them (only paid ofr two right meow, so that's why there's only two there lol)

AND BAWX HAZ A DUBBLE YEW BEKUZ EYE SED SAO, K?

I don't like my thread on the second page, so I figured I'd give a super lame update.

Went to the junkyard today hoping that either the rack and pinion or the recirculating ball power steering equipped 280ZX's would have a different length steering knuckle (preferably shorter, foar moar steering angle) but NOPE, both types were out in the junkyard today, and each measured exactly the same length :( looks like I'll have to space out my inner tie rods foar meow, then modify another pair later on so I can haz teh uber moar angle soo I kan uber mad doifto.

also, measured my lip. I can fit a $50 bill all the way in the lip on my rear wheel, and still have room left over :D hopefully will have preliminary fitment pictars tomarroe.

And finarry, my plans have changed a tiny bit as far as my fitment/ride-height goes. I plan on raising her up about 1.5" when I get my wheels on. NOT BECAUSE IM A FAGGOT AND THINK THIS IS UNDRIVEABLE. I just want a different type of wheel/tire fitment.

lmfao!!! I hope you guys know that I can spell normally, I just choose to type that way. Anyways, why read a build thread? isn't it supposed to be about the pictars?

Yay... more test fitting pics... it'd be nice for once to actually put nice wheels on my car lol

these pics are with a 1/4" spacer to clear the stupid coilover setup.

DSC04167.jpg

DSC04170.jpg

DSC04171.jpg

DSC04172.jpg

DSC04173.jpg

DSC04174.jpg

DSC04175.jpg

lol rear on front:

DSC04176.jpg

DSC04179.jpg

Also, took the front coils apart and greased the springs up where they sit on the perches (apparently you're supposed to do that and no one told me :( ) as well as turned the springs up a couple turns to get rid of the rake (I'd rather drive high than with a rake) and banged part of my inner fender in that was wearing a groove in my tires <_< and the best thing I did was adjust my Koni's. I had set them at full soft and the car would just bounce all over the place, to the point that it wasn't fun to drive anymore. I put them to full stiff, and OMG. she drives SOOOO beautifully nao. wish I had done it earlier haha

20 cool points for the sticker!!! lol

:rofl: last year at canby I had a blow out on the 240 that mangled my front fender and so I just pulled it out best I could with my hands and slapped band aids on it that I got from the first aid kits at the show haha

:rofl: last year at canby I had a blow out on the 240 that mangled my front fender and so I just pulled it out best I could with my hands and slapped band aids on it that I got from the first aid kits at the show haha

Pics or it didn't happen ohmy.gif