Gloria, the ratty 210

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well? are they on yet???

I'm waiting for the snow to stop and my brother to move his shitty truck so I have some work space, but I think these may wait a few months before I start looking into mounting them. I need a few more things before doing so :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jeep style FTW!

180087_10150092035724266_626549265_6002125_495081_n.jpg

DSC_0331.jpg

I started stripping the door down and found that I have cancer on the driver door. Sadly, the metal is too weak to weld the holes, so I'll have to either bondo it. or replace metal.

Also planning on a rebuild in a few short weeks if the weather goes right. I'll be sending it to the machine shop for .040 over and the cam will be going to Delta Cams for a regrind. After all the engines reassembled, the ITB's and header will go on.

After that, suspension will be updated, wheels & tires, brakes, the sound deadening and carpet. I'll be working on the body for the next few months and repainting in the fall time maybe.

In the heat of yesterday, I ripped off the old exhaust and welded on a straight pipe and turn out right before the axle. No more exhaust in the car and it sounds WAY better.

Edited by metalmonkey47
  • 2 weeks later...

what the fuck. didn't you just repaint your car? lol

yup cool.gif

The clear coat was fogging over. I buffed, polished, wet sanded and nothing helped. Called Duplicolor and they told me that they were having problems with a few batches of clear. Said if I could provide a receipt on it, they'd refund.

I has no receipt dry.gif

Rolled her up on ramps today to check her out, and decided to hack off the exhaust and weld on a chambered muffler in place of the glass pack. Even got my little brother on it. Did a visual inspection for the first time today, and found my U-joints needed to be replaced, clutch is a little drippy (not hardly noticeable) and absolutely NO rust at all. She'll be my daily driver after this weekend. Rear brakes will go on first. ITB's and header are going to go on there soon since it's warming up and the Keihns have no choke. Ground control coilovers in a month or so, depending on my funds.Also, it was 62 degrees today and expected to get warmer throughout the week! I'm super excited for spring coming up.

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

when you gonna paint the hood? Tha's all it needs now.

I'm actually starting over with the whole car. I'm having issues with the previous paintjob, so I'm sanding the body down on my off days and repairing holes, straightening dents, etc.

I was actually thinking about painting it BRE style for the summer time until the temp and all is right in fall time.

• 2 weeks later...

Video update! Changed the oil after it lost oil pressure a few nights ago. This is the result. Watch it in HD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE8bX6WtgLY

She really loves the new thick oil I put in there! My oil pressure is MUCH better now. I also noticed right after changing the oil there was a significant amount less smoke billowing out of the exhaust. In fact, there was none! I didn't run it for long though, so I'm not sure what she's gonna do. I'm way happier with it now.

Edited by metalmonkey47

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

Went to change the rear brakes today, pulled the drums and there was nothing to change. The pads were almost new and all the hardware was perfect without a spec of rust. Sprayed some brake parts cleaner inside and put it all back together.

:hyper: :fu:

:hyper: congrats Monkey ,,, HECK OF O DEAL DAIR :thumbup:

They even gave me a free chrome exhaust tip twofinger_salute.gif

And it's got a rolled edge that just looks damn good on the car hyper.gif