Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I has...........

a new plate.....

and...........

MOAR MACHINE GUNZ!!!

20110830192824.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Figured out why my clutch was slipping again.

Pulled the tranny and the mother fucker was COATED in oil/grease mix. I was highly dissapointed. Got some brake parts cleaner and hosed it down until it looked new. Put on a new friction plate, and found all the oil pan bolts were loose unsure.gif Hope that keeps this clutch nice and tight.

IMAG0786.jpg

metalmonkey

Mine was EZ to detect. When I pulled the trans there was no oil between the engine and flywheel. So I knew the real main seal in block was OK. It was the front input seal on trans seal. Usually it will be the thicker trans oil and it smells.

Hopefully you didnt put this all together. No way the oil from the pan is going to work its way back up and inside. Like GGZilla said. unless theres a cover plate missing. I know the early L16 have a lower cover plate and see them no install on 5 speed conversions. Maybe possible. Guess we will find out.

most times the oil pan bolts fell loose at they only required like 5- 7 pounds of torq.

D caps have no color, they are stainless steel with a black "D".

i realize that, but when you have what looks like a purple rising sun/ chrome fender mirrors/ orange turn signals/ black bumper mounts/ and white rims on a white body, at some point you have to think "less is more" and stop :P

• Like 1

I'm gonna go ahead and pull the trans again tonight I think. I work at 7AM tomorrow morning, so I'd HAVE to get it done by tomorrow morning.

Found the seal is in stock at my Autozone, timkin P/N 1981. Coincidence? ollz.

From the look of it, it's gonna be a simple few bolts on the cover after I get it all apart. Hopefully nothing more then that.

TMKWK99187.jpg

Edited by metalmonkey47
  • 2 weeks later...

So it was not the input shaft seal.

After tightening up the oil pan when I did the clutch, I no longer have a clutch that feels slippery, and no phantom oil drip.

Did some painting on the front, polishing some stuff. Replaced the PCV valve and a few other odds and ends. Cleaning it up pending sale, so the rising sun will go I think, and the hood will be primed to match.. Soon I'll be driving another Datsun. Something much classier, and much older, and Gloria will have the down time she deserves.

Until then, I'm working on a GM 1 wire alternator mounting to the little A-series.

_DSC00141.jpg

Edited by metalmonkey47
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Man I miss this car!

Found some videos on youtube..

I really loved the way this A15 sounded.

Few months after I sold it, it bounced around on CL for a while then haven't heard of anything dealing with it since. Kinda sad, I was hoping it would get treated well.

Man I miss this car!

Found some videos on youtube..

I really loved the way this A15 sounded.

Few months after I sold it, it bounced around on CL for a while then haven't heard of anything dealing with it since. Kinda sad, I was hoping it would get treated well.

true/\

Do you think the other owners are trying to figure out how in the hell the wheel came off on them ?

:lol: nevar forget ! :D

• 7 months later...

Gloria has resurfaced!! 

Customers came into the store tonight to describe my very first Datsun sitting in a towing lot about 30 minuets down the road! Seems like it may have been abandoned and possibly never registered from what the guys at the lot told the guys, meaning I would be the most recent registered owner! A little bit of paperwork...and pay a few fines maybe, and I may be able to get Gloria back in my hands again  :thumbup:

• Like 3

It's gonna be a BITCH to get this car back. My awesome brother went down and talked to the lady at the impound yard. It is my car, it was registered to a new owner. (The one I sold it to) it was abandoned within 30 minuets from my house back in July and has racked up $1600 in storage fees since then. 

The yard has already filed the paperwork with the state to send the car to auction, but they can not/will not tell us when/where the car is going to auction. I'm gonna wait and call them back and see if she'll let us make an offer for a couple hundred cash in hand for the car once the paperwork is filed. Doubt it would sell for much at auction here

I'm guessing the guy blew up something in the driveline. My buddy wants to buy it and build a fuckaround car with it and I totally support that. Plans include stripping the car bare naked, re-wiring EVERYTHING except tail light harness etc. The car was pretty naked before.

A15 out... H150(I think) axle out, and....

GM LM7 5.3L

4L60E

Ford 8.8 diff.

S13 front suspension w/ 5 lug conversion to match the rear.

Balls to the wall, the plans go on. We already have a motor/trans combo just sitting aside that would be awesome to put to use.

Also have a KA-E that needs a rebuild that would be an okay candidate.

The car was pretty beat when I sold it. Chances are it's no better now. We're gonna hack it up to make it usable.