Gloria, the ratty 210

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

right on monkey

what did you put in there, or anything? Did you just blow it out??

All I did was put 100PSI through the water jacket. I did it for like 30 min and it's still blowing out more shit.

I gotta decide how to get the rest of the shit out.

All I did was put 100PSI through the water jacket. I did it for like 30 min and it's still blowing out more shit.

have you thought abouts spraying carb cleaner into the water jackets then blow them out?

I put my engine block on an engine stand ,,, pushed it out in the driveway ,,, punched out all the core/freeze plugs ,,, probably got 1/3 of a yogurt cup of rust/debris AFTER pressure washing it out really really good ,,, between cylinder walls especially ,,, for about 30-40 minutes all over ,,, at least :blink: :blink: :blink: :mellow:

I love Brass Core/Freeze plugs btw :cool:

have you thought abouts spraying carb cleaner into the water jackets then blow them out?

I considered it. Actually I'm thinking brake parts cleaner may be better, since it will dry better. I may just take it to be vatted though.

I put my engine block on an engine stand ,,, pushed it out in the driveway ,,, punched out all the core/freeze plugs ,,, probably got 1/3 of a yogurt cup of rust/debris AFTER pressure washing it out really really good ,,, between cylinder walls especially ,,, for about 30-40 minutes all over ,,, at least :blink: :blink: :blink: :mellow:

I love Brass Core/Freeze plugs btw :cool:

It may help me to put it on a stand and pull the freeze plugs, but who knows tongue.gif I'm gonna waste more time on it one of these next few days. I'm busy as hell.

I considered it. Actually I'm thinking brake parts cleaner may be better, since it will dry better. I may just take it to be vatted though.

It may help me to put it on a stand and pull the freeze plugs, but who knows tongue.gif I'm gonna waste more time on it one of these next few days. I'm busy as hell.

so busy ,,, your sitting on your computer ,,,, logged onto ratsun ,,,, telling me how busy you are ,,,, rather than just spending the time doing it ??? :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though ,,, the size of chunks that came out of mine ,,, won't come out with compressed air alone ,,, lots of angles ,,, and if your rebuilding the sucker ,,, might as well replace those core plugs while your there right ? ;)

so busy ,,, your sitting on your computer ,,,, logged onto ratsun ,,,, telling me how busy you are ,,,, rather than just spending the time doing it ??? :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though ,,, the size of chunks that came out of mine ,,, won't come out with compressed air alone ,,, lots of angles ,,, and if your rebuilding the sucker ,,, might as well replace those core plugs while your there right ? ;)

I was on my phone at work :rofl:

Now for the updates!!

New idler arm!

IMAG0201.jpg

IMAG0199.jpg

And monkey girl with my car for easter biggrin.gif

IMAG0213.jpg

Kitchen?

Darling, how many times to I have to explain this too you?

You're the one who is ALWAYS in the kitchen cooking not me. LOL

*Fact: I know how to cook! Just not your food!*

*Fact: Bears eat beats. Beats, bears, battlestar galactica.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-POY08-Mro&feature=related