Gloria, the ratty 210

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the rattle can you're seeing. The primer..... vanished I think! It just flat out isn't there.

A lot of the reason that it's coming right off is because it's really thick. I sprayed that fender as my test fender. Then primed it, and sprayed on MORE. I was never planning on keeping that fender. I just can't find a parts car anywhere to rape body parts off of.

• Like 1

Because it cant adhere to rattle can...

Yup, you're 100% right! The rattle can is enamel and lacquer doesn't stick.

My ignorance really saved my ass here. The lacquer is nearly impossible to sand. I'm literally peeling the whole car. Some spots harder to do then other, but hey, easier then sanding.

The paint this time around is gonna look 200% better then now. I'm going down as far as I need to in order to get the body as straight as possible. I'm searching for a new driver fender though. Old one is JUNK.

Moar oics...

Details: Both fenders were sanded to the bare metal, other then passenger which isn't gonna need it, since it's nearly 100% perfect as it is, and needs only a few dents smoothed out.

IMAG0336-1.jpg

IMAG0337.jpg

Edited by metalmonkey47

I'm glad my car is 100% silent on max acceleration. :-P

lol mines temporary. And I really kinda like it.

I'm going back when my resonator comes in. I'm upsizing the exhaust from 1 1/2 to 2'' for the LZ I'm building. Kinda playing with the idea of a turbo.... mellow.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some douchebag really must not like my car laugh.gif They went through and neg repped half my build thread. Silly fools.

Anyways, I went through it with some fresh new parts again. Oics soon.. got it running better then ever and gained a little power out of some timing adjustments. The car is primed again because I finished sanding it smooth and needed to cover the bare metal. Primer is porous, but better then bare metal I figure.

PPK, I thought about getting some ebay coilover shit and slamming it, but It's gonna be gone in the next few weeks, so it makes no sense to spend money where I don't have to.

DSC_0072.jpg

Some more random little things. I put a clutch in it, and theres a HUGE difference that I found hilarious between the L series and A series clutch. It literally is the size of a personal pan pizza.

IMAG0505.jpg

DSC_0415.jpg

Edited by metalmonkey47
  • Like 1