Gloria, the ratty 210

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I Didn't Say Anything About It's Strength, But It Seems To Have Been Ran A Little Cold...

I Like Pretty TIG Welds :lol:

You TIG weld ? :huh: ,,,,,,,, We all like pretty welds ,,, but its easier to make an ugly weld that holds versus a pretty one that doesn't ,,, making a pretty one that holds ! well that's for the pro's ( not for me ,,, I'm not a welder ,,, I just tinker with my welders on my own/friends stuff :lol: ollz )

Nice Carpet so far Monkey

Yeah I TIG,Stick, And MIG :cool:

Here's A Pretty MIG That Holds:

DSC03372.jpg

:blink: :blink: :blink: Holy Crap !!! ,,, Those are some pretty welds ,,, I understand naow

My hats off to you sir if those are your welds,,,, ! ,,, I wish I knew how to TIG ,,, :lol: ,,, someday soon :)

I'm actually planning on changing the dash setup. I've landed some shop time in my brothers old sheet metal company he worked for and we're gonna use the big ass break and water jets to make me a new one. It needs to sit a little back. The tach is staying though. I could mount it in the dash, but I'd loose the ability to use the mounted controls. Which I like. Paint is still undecided. I need to finish sanding it down and prime it.

To do list:

A/F gauge: I found that a 2002 VW Jetta 1.8L Turbo uses and upstream wideband sensor. I have one in the Zone for $51 cool.gif Then I can tune it like a bawse.

Front suspension: I'm gonna go ahead and use KYB inserts and get the GC coilover kit. I found someone to tig weld the coilover sleeves cheap.

Engine: I'm gonna go ahead and buy the L20B from Hitch I think... you know where that's going...

Electronics: I'm running through all the wiring now simplifying it and getting rid of all the unnecessary B/S I don't need.

I need to sort out my priorities laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I need a windshield for my car(like yours), would you know if any of the local junkyards have any 210's?

Big rock nailed my windshield tonight...

I haven't found one locally yet. Pull-a-part is empty and no one on craigslist is parting with ANYTHING. Lemme know if you can track one down.

• 2 weeks later...

For right now, just clean it up.

In the near future, I'm looking at converting it to an L head and making an LZ20B. U67 head with my Weber would wake it up, but I think I want more. Not sure, but I'll be updating this a lot more soon. cool.gif

You need a Cylinder head! bottom end stuff means nothing with an L series engine until you have a built head!

That's the plan :) I wanna get the bottom end sorted out first, then decide on valvetrain. I wanna build it right. It's my first OHC engine build.