Gloria, the ratty 210

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Much appreciated! I'm going to try and make lots o' progress for you guys.

I'm on too many Datsun/Nissan forums so it will be hard to keep track.

oh dont worry, Ratsun is the best forum ever. you woulnt forget ;)

(even google knows it)

bestforumever.jpg

• Like 1

Neither, these meets are for od school japanese cars only. real cool group of peaple. The next one is The mitty, which is Datsun themed this year and peaple are coming from all over the country.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/18008-2010-osjc-meets/

there is also a section of importatlanta just for us. old school rides.

Glad you are going to come out. The mitty is going to be crazy, if you want to run your car in the parade laps let me know and i'll try to get you on the list. What side of town do you live on? I'm westside, mableton

I love the bike too, i have never rode before, but i plan on trying to buy a honda to learn on. I found a deal a while back for 2 cb175 {or similar} for like $200, but they sold fast.

I'll have to see what I ca do. The Datto is broken right now. Waiting on a few parts and gotta diagnose an electrical problem. Hopefully it's going to be all sorted out by then so I can get her out. I'm in Marietta. I live right in the middle of all the flooding that we had a few months back.

Thanks! I got the bike for free from a friend. Just got lucky I guess. I've spent a total of about $300 on parts getting her where she is now. $200 for 2 CB's is an excellent deal. You might want something a little bit bigger though. Old Suzuki's make great starter bikes, or even a CB450.

Yeah, I think that the distance is minmal between your are and mine, but i'm not sure. I'm limited on what work I can do at the moment. I've had Cobb County Code Enforcement breathing down my neck the last few weeks so I'm having to lay low on my work. lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got to work on the dash.

Pulled it out today to cut it and mount the new RX7 cap.

PICT0018.jpg

Gonna re-wire it before it goes back together.

PICT0016.jpg

Also going to do some mesh replacement before it goes back together since it looks like ass right now.

PICT0023.jpg

And here's about what it's going to look like.

PICT0015.jpg

Id glass it or cap it and paint it before you put it in so its fresh and matches when you put it in. otherwise your going to be taking it out again to clean the dash up later on.

Thats the plan. Just getting the hard work out of the way early biggrin.gif