Gloria, the ratty 210

what paint is that you used in the engine bay? thinking a goon in that color would be sweet. :D

Some gold metallic Krylon.. I know PPG has it in almost the exact color cool.gif

Are you running the car with just an MSD Blaster coil or with the Box also?

WHat Size Weber u running? How does it move with it? Cant wait to get my adapter so I can finally put on my Weber :D

Just the coil and ballast resistor. Wish I had the money for the 6AL.

It's the 32/36 DGV and it runs pretty quick, bu I also ported my head while it was off tongue.gif

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some gold metallic Krylon.. I know PPG has it in almost the exact color cool.gif

Just the coil and ballast resistor. Wish I had the money for the 6AL.

It's the 32/36 DGV and it runs pretty quick, bu I also ported my head while it was off tongue.gif

Ooh Nice!!,cant wait to run mine with it. Im sure u can find an MSD box on craigslist for cheap. I have the basic 6A on my 210. yeah I want the 6AL also because its got Rev Limiter chip.

Ooh Nice!!,cant wait to run mine with it. Im sure u can find an MSD box on craigslist for cheap. I have the basic 6A on my 210. yeah I want the 6AL also because its got Rev Limiter chip.

Whats it sound like when you hit vtak? I mean.. rev limiter :rofl: I was always curious about this. Also, do you run your aftermarket tach off it? My two tachs don't pick up signal correctly and MSD and Prosport say I need a tach adapter.

Whats it sound like when you hit vtak? I mean.. rev limiter :rofl: I was always curious about this. Also, do you run your aftermarket tach off it? My two tachs don't pick up signal correctly and MSD and Prosport say I need a tach adapter.

I dont have a Rev Limiter on my MSD box, the 6A doesnt come with that option but the 6AL Does. And yes I am running a 5" Autometer Monster Tach straight from the Tach Output on the MSD Box. The Tachometer must be Connected to the Negative - side of the Coil for signal. Thats only if your running on a stock distributor Module. In order to use an MSD box you must eliminate the Module. I can send you pics later on if you would like to see how I have it setup on mine

I dont have a Rev Limiter on my MSD box, the 6A doesnt come with that option but the 6AL Does. And yes I am running a 5" Autometer Monster Tach straight from the Tach Output on the MSD Box. The Tachometer must be Connected to the Negative - side of the Coil for signal. Thats only if your running on a stock distributor Module. In order to use an MSD box you must eliminate the Module. I can send you pics later on if you would like to see how I have it setup on mine

oops, I read the post wrong.

I'm very interested to see how you have it set up since mine doesn't get signal without the MSD GMR tach pickup. Do you use a ballast resistor?

oops, I read the post wrong.

I'm very interested to see how you have it set up since mine doesn't get signal without the MSD GMR tach pickup. Do you use a ballast resistor?

Nope no Ballast Resistor. If you have an Electronic Dizzy then you should have a Green/Red Wire that goes into the Module. I forgot to take pictures today, it was raining :( . The pictures will explain it alot better than me just telling you. Tommorrow Deffinately ;)

Nope no Ballast Resistor. If you have an Electronic Dizzy then you should have a Green/Red Wire that goes into the Module. I forgot to take pictures today, it was raining :( . The pictures will explain it alot better than me just telling you. Tommorrow Deffinately ;)

I no need ballast resistor? smiley_lol.gif

MSD lied than. I'm anticipating the info! (I tried running signal to the negative side of the coil but got no signal, maybe because it has the resistor and doesn't need it?)

Heres some pics:

Photo0248.jpg

This Orange Wire is for the Tach Signal coming out the MSD Box.

Photo0247.jpg

Orange and Black Wires from MSD to Coil. (Orange to Postive+ and Black to Negative- on Coil)

Photo0246.jpg

Photo0245.jpg

Here is where you have to Eliminate the Module to get Both the (RED/GREEN Wires to Show) MSD has: (GREEN/PURPLE Wires)

CONNECT GREEN from MSD to RED on Distributor and CONNECT PURPLE from MSD to GREEN on Distributor.

Photo0244.jpg

And then you Have: 2 Big Heavy Wires(RED and BLACK). ONE is for Main Power for the MSD(RED)Which Goes to Positive Terminal on Battery+

and BIG Heavy Black Goes to Ground or COnnect it to Negative side on Battery Terminal.

Last you have: 1 Small Red Wire which goes to a 12V Switch so when you turn the Key to start the Car will start up Normally.

MSD_Pro_Billet20Wiring.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Went out and got it wired up the RIGHT way now. Thanks mini!

Started it up and it ran terrible. Wouldn't rev past 2000 and missed like ass. My dad and I went through a ton of stuff and discovered all my vac lines were run together. Also found I have a VAC leak at the vacuum advance.

Get this; we pulled out the timing light and didn't even see the timing mark when we checked. The timing was so far off that in order to set it we had to rotate the distributor back a tooth. It had to be about 40-50 degrees BTDC before we checked. Now it runs great. Better then ever. In fact, I have a rev limiter laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r_oQroJHVQ

Whatcha think?

set rev limiter to 9k and sit on it with your vtak engaged for full effect

ollz that would be fucking dandy, but my box won't let me rev past 2300 right now and I don't know why dry.gif

Everytime vtak kicks in, the box is like FUCK no and the rev limiter kicks in (even though it's set to 6K)

Damn thats AWESOME!!! :thumbup:

By spring I will have my MSD 2-step installed, Imma Have them FLAMES SHOOTING OUT!!! :devil:

LOLOL it would be better if it wasn't kicking in at 2300 when I didn't want it to dry.gif

VIDS when you do!! wink.gif

Anyways...here's what i did today: nothing.

Except drive my car a short distance to record a video for MSD techs about my ignition problem at 2300RPM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgKtf4u3O84

• 2 weeks later...