Gloria, the ratty 210

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was a BIG work day. Drilled some holes and put in the eye-hooks for the Simpson 6-point, did some more sanding on the primer, cleaned up the head some more. Also started cutting some sheet metal to make block offs for the EGR.

Stripped the valve cover to re-paint it just to find out that I liked it better bare so I just cleaned it up and cleared it.

oics will follow.

PICT0311.jpg

PICT0312.jpg

PICT0320.jpg

PICT0324.jpg

Edited by metalmonkey47

Dropped out the valves in about 10 min and seperated each in sandwich bags, then spent 15 minuets cleaning the head and rocker assembly. cool.gif I have secrets.

Lapping the valves tomorrow morning before work twofinger_salute.gif Got the valve grinding compound sitting out waiting on me.

^^^ schweeeeeeet ! No you do them now live video feed :lol:

"water based" valve grinding compound seems to wash off easier in my experience , but the grease based last's longer ( both permatex products )

LOL I'd totally open up a live webcam feed if it wasn't 1 in the morning and my parents were asleep.

I got both types. although to be honest, they really don't seem bad at all. They're nice as fuck!