So i put my new dash in!!! and it fit!!!

510love

Hey guys i finally got to uploading this pic, i had to trim a bit of the inside plastic to make it fit but it looks great, its not fully mounted yet with dash support etc but hey at least it fits!!!!

im super stoked and cant wait to get the dash bar welded in place and get the dash bolted down.

well enough talk cause i know only 1 person might read this out of like 20 ahahahaa i took them with my Blackberry so dont be too skeptical

BLACKBERRYPHOTOS087.jpg

BLACKBERRYPHOTOS085.jpg

BLACKBERRYPHOTOS084.jpg

and a pic of my turbo i picked up BRAND NEW for my project

BLACKBERRYPHOTOS072.jpg

i know i know the dash is far back but it fits flush now. I will be sure to take some updated pics to show you guys how flush it is and how surprisingly well it fits in the car.

thanks and wish me luck with the wiring......ughhhh

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fits great! I mean, who needs window cranks?!

Honestly, though, what was wrong with the stock dash?

read, i said its just mocked up.

its all fitted now and the windows crank etc. ill post some pics so you can see.

the stock dash doesnt look as good and it doesnt fit the s2k cluster.

sooooooo fitting the s2k one is a better idea than making one out of aluminum and fitting it/wasting money.

/end rant

It's cool that i fits but I don't like it int here at all. Total round peg in a square hole.

Well you're entirely entitled to an opinion just as he is entitled to his own expression of what looks right. I'll bet it's 20 to 1 against but the world would be a boring place if we all agreed. :o Myself, I'm used to seeing the stock dash and yes it looks ... odd to me too, but more, I want to see where this goes.

Honestly, though, what was wrong with the stock dash?

Not sure why anyone would swap to a newer dash. The original one works just fine, and looks good (correct) for the car.

Perhaps a good one was unavailable and this was handy. Maybe he likes the looks of it.

Different Strokes mang!!!!,Me Likey Good Job!!!! Ever thought of a SE-R dash??

yes i am using the s2000 cluster. im doing something nobody has ever done before (motor wise) the stock dash is no where near as nice ( in my opinion ) to the stock s2k dash.

1. Its leather and practically new

2. nearly impossible to find a 510 dash thats in great condition

3.s2k dash was free ( bought a totaled s2000 )

4. the dash fits

5. i dont want to make an ugly ass metal dash that might look good.

6. the s2k dash can hold all the wiring up and tucked away.

7. cause i can do it and its different. ie NEVER BEEN DONE to my knowledge.

btw my engine of choice is a f20c1 stroked to 2.4l.

i will have a build thread later on down the road explaining my choices/decisions to commit sacrilidge on this poor 68-69 510.

dont like it thats your problem. ahahahahaha

p.s. its a s2k bumper......

I think one of the best thing about a newer dash is the ease of getting guage clusters and switches out. I love my 510 dash, but I certainly wouldn't mind updating it. Of course, that will never happen. Maybe when I get a nicer 510 that won't be thrown towards trees.

I like the S2000 dash, but I am curious how the sides are going to look, they appear to be quite a bit higher than the door sills.

Hey guys i finally got to uploading this pic, i had to trim a bit of the inside plastic to make it fit but it looks great, its not fully mounted yet with dash support etc but hey at least it fits!!!!

im super stoked and cant wait to get the dash bar welded in place and get the dash bolted down.

well enough talk cause i know only 1 person might read this out of like 20 ahahahaa i took them with my Blackberry so dont be too skeptical

BLACKBERRYPHOTOS087.jpg

BLACKBERRYPHOTOS085.jpg

BLACKBERRYPHOTOS084.jpg

and a pic of my turbo i picked up BRAND NEW for my project

BLACKBERRYPHOTOS072.jpg

i know i know the dash is far back but it fits flush now. I will be sure to take some updated pics to show you guys how flush it is and how surprisingly well it fits in the car.

thanks and wish me luck with the wiring......ughhhh

what are you gonna do with the other turbo?????

S2000 engine has been done a few times

Yea a stock s2000 motor has been done before, but never a f24c1 which is a 2.4l f20c1, theres a kit i believe that BC makes. Im building one myself. then boosting it. So to my knowledge a f20c1 stroked to 2.4l boosted has never been done in a 510 before, feel free to post pics if it has been done, i would like to talk to the owner about a couple things lol. all i need is to get the pistons, rods, bearings and port and polish the head and im done ( already got the intake valves +1mm over so thats all done for the increase in stroke)

When i mount the dash in the car with the dash bar etc and the cage all put in ill take some pics for you guys. i know everyone operates on pics, well i know i always like things better with pics lol. Thanks for the good and bad comments! I know its not everyones favorite thing to do but hey if you want some info on how i did it id be more than happy to share! :thumbup: Anyway, now all i need is to get the cage figured out and weld her in! Screw paying $2k for a cage im soooooo good! lol i dont have that kinda dough to throw around right now. Anyone know what a good size tuning is for a roll cage is?

Oh and btw the other turbo is a CT26 off a 1jz supra, pulled it cause my buddy was getting a gt40 for his supra. anyway i think the exhaust housing is messed up or something cause is sounds like it scrapes when you turn it at a certain point. but the other turbo is a gt3078 i picked up brand new, wont say how much but it was a steal.

wish me luck and ill be sure to post pics of the dash all fitted in the car asap. :hug: