So i put my new dash in!!! and it fit!!!

510love

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you still have all the suspension for the S2K or is it just a wrecked shell?

Wrecked in the front? or rear?

i have the suspension, its all stock with only 55k miles :frantics: it will be for sale when i sell the motor. in fact mostly everything i have in the car will be for sale when the motor/tranny sells.

Yeah, it "fits" but you can't roll up the windows. I don't really get the whole doing something because "it has never been done before" thing. I think things should be done because they are a good idea and will function well.

i have the suspension, its all stock with only 55k miles :frantics: it will be for sale when i sell the motor. in fact mostly everything i have in the car will be for sale when the motor/tranny sells.

im confused your selling the s2k motor? thought you were building it for the 510

im confused your selling the s2k motor? thought you were building it for the 510

I actually have 3 s2k motors......im building one, have a donor motor just incase i need something, and one in the s2k i bought thats currently running and driving. Shes my grocery getter for the time being ( until someone buys the motor )

And actually the dash fits, its functional ( now i dont haft to cut metal and try to make the cluster and guages fit ) so yes its functional, fitting and very stylish lol.

Everyones sooo skeptical about my mock up pics. lol its kinda funny. dont you see that the dash is being supported by the handles??? See the gap in between where the steering wheel goes and the plastic part its supposted to rest on?

Anyway onto better things you all wont complain so much about har har har lol

thanks for the good bad and the ugly comments guys wish me luck! and hope this works! LOL

Just trying to be a voice of reason here:

If you purchased the S2K, the dash technically wasn't free, but I digress.

Putting together a really nice 510 dash is easy, aside from the top cap. You can buy covers though for $70.

Just because something is free, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Just because something hasn't been done before, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

I could stick my 510's body onto a 1979 Chevy 4x4 chassis, and just because the chassis is free, and it's never been done before, it would still obviously be a horrible idea.

They're totally right about the window cranks. Even if you could turn them, it's going to be a huge PITA to roll them up and down every time you go out. Realistically you'd have to put in power windows.

There's a lot of guys who do stuff like this, the problem here is that when someone later wants to buy their ride, it's going to be worth WAY less than if those things were left alone. Sure you may say that you'll never sell it, but that's what everyone else says. When people are making these types of mods, they always need to consider this. Think about all the cars you see on craigslist with odd modifications, and even you think to yourself, "man, what was he thinking?" The guy with the Johny Neutron car on ebay had a crazy custom interior which he probably spent numerous thousands of dollars on, but everyone thought it was crap. If it had a stock-ish interior, and no cartoon graphics, it would have probably gotten double the money. Just sayin'

If It was me, I'd build the S2k cluster into the stock 510 dash. You can still hide the wires, and the only mods you'll need to make is to the drivers side plastic face bezel.

• Like 2

Putting together a really nice 510 dash is easy, aside from the top cap. You can buy covers though for $70.

I could stick my 510's body onto a 1979 Chevy 4x4 chassis, and just because the chassis is free, and it's never been done before, it would still obviously be a horrible idea.

They're totally right about the window cranks. Even if you could turn them, it's going to be a huge PITA to roll them up and down every time you go out. Realistically you'd have to put in power windows.

There's a lot of guys who do stuff like this, the problem here is that when someone later wants to buy their ride, it's going to be worth WAY less than if those things were left alone. Sure you may say that you'll never sell it, but that's what everyone else says. When people are making these types of mods, they always need to consider this. Think about all the cars you see on craigslist with odd modifications, and even you think to yourself, "man, what was he thinking?" The guy with the Johny Neutron car on ebay had a crazy custom interior which he probably spent numerous thousands of dollars on, but everyone thought it was crap. If it had a stock-ish interior, and no cartoon graphics, it would have probably gotten double the money. Just sayin'

If It was me, I'd build the S2k cluster into the stock 510 dash. You can still hide the wires, and the only mods you'll need to make is to the drivers side plastic face bezel.

TRU...to each his own though i guess... :cool:

:thumbup: :-X lol

It's splitting hairs about the motor too. It's been done, thats all.....

until we see it finished we should not judge, as far as the motor goes its still a s2000 engine and has been done just because you stroke it and turbo it dosen't make it all that unique. sr20's have been done if i was to put a stroker kit in mine it wouldnt mean its never been done its just an engine mod.

Personally I say do what you want it is your car. cars are extensions of the owner. aftermarket industry and customizing is what keeps a lot of us going. I do see where a lot of people are going as these cars are great and lots of people are purist. I myself like the 510's the old school way and at the most a swap but to each is their own. I get a vibe a lot of people don't like the marrying of honda and datsun or making these cars seem so called Riced out. I guess it seems like mods are more trouble than they are worth but if you have the time and money go for it.

Looks good, does it have to sit so much higher than the doors? Good work was thinking about this dash as well. Just need to find a 4dr 510 first lol.

BTW ive only seen f20c1 swaps in 510s that were stock. so yes it will be different. May be the same motor, but not that same nonetheless.

It doesnt matter if you could put a 510 chassis on something else, im not talking about switching chassis here. I dont know why there is soo much contraversy over the dash and the height and all the other stuff. If you READ THE POST you will see that i have not taken photos of the actual placement of the dash YET. You tell everyone else to read the whole post etc and you dont do it yourself??? Sounds like a hippo-crit to me. But then again im just saying it right? Im not a girl and im not going to use the stock dash because the screws under the window look like they were JB welded in. Dont like it? :fu: Do i care if its a good idea? No, thats why i did it?!? Just be less skeptical about things and more appreciative. You never know, some day there might not be any 510 dashes, soo what do you put it your 510 when your dash falls apart??? Then you think back to that kid that put a s2000 dash in his 510, and you go hey well s2000 dashes are only $50-$100 i minus well try it?? When that day comes if it ever comes at least i will affect SOMEONE in a positive way, albeit it may not be you persay but someone!

/endrant

If i sound like an asshat just disreguard this post. I mean to be as helpful as i possibly can and hopefully do soemthing right from all my mistakes.