Kelmo's Coupe Build(?)

KELMO

Seems Draker was almost barking up the right tree.

Turned the dizzy back around 180, minus a tooth, ran the valves again, poured in some 100LL AV gas. Boom, she is alive.

Missus Kelmo will be pleased. Now 50% of the Datsun's at Kamp Kelmo run....well mostly.

This is me happier than a pig in poop. I think the run up the mountain (see the "Manure" thread) cleared my head. Had to get a little high, just not like I used to.

• Like 2
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to add some AV gas to what is in the tank. It is running on the fuel that is in the tank  but I think the last time this thing was driven was after the Williams show in 2018.

Pretty sure that was the year we took 2 cars and there was snow on the ground Sunday AM. Fun trip home.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

So, 5 speed out of the green coupe and into this one.

Went to a car show on Father's day up here in the rural redneck area and a guy comes by and is convinced he used own the green coupe. Tells me he has a front spoiler that he will give me. Told him no way that goes on the green coupe.

I might do a thing...

xLoeJkV.jpg

XCgTQy2.jpg

w81MqCH.jpg

Whaddaya think, eh? 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, slowlearner said:

I think it would look best with the chrome bumper too.

I used to run black bumpers on this car and not sure I would do chrome. As a matter of fact, earlier today I was looking at the mirrors and thinking I should black them out.

Hey, it's just me..I have some issues...🤪

Edited by KELMO

I have never thought "this car needs more chrome" in my entire life.  I have thought that a car could use more bumper though.  So I'm with both of you.  More bumper, more chrome delete both sound like amazing ideas.

10 hours ago, KELMO said:

Tells me he has a front spoiler that he will give me. Told him no way that goes on the green coupe.

I might do a thing...

xLoeJkV.jpg

Whaddaya think, eh? 

That is actually a Renault LeCar spoiler. They fit a 1200 so good, they used to sell them through Nissan Mototsports as a 1200 spoiler.  😄

158739830698764da1587398305cfcd21983_Ren

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

So, I was digging through the tool box the other day and found this ( I was looking for something completely different).

5T7chy0.jpg

It's a 1200 fuel sending unit. The gauge in this car does not work and I thought to myself "that shouldn't take long to do.

Next thing you know.

OkQxHFH.jpg

The gauge in this car works.

• Like 5