How awesome is this Southern California weather?

Pretty Ridiculous storms eh?

I'm glad I replaced all of the weatherstripping on the 280... Too bad I couldn't find the right wiper motor in the Junkyard to upgrade my wipers, because they barely work on the max setting...

Luckily My GF's parent are on a 11 day cruise somewhere, So i get to drive a car with working wipers and heater, and a defroster, and all of those little necessities that didn't get done in the initial build.

So next on the list is definitely the wiper motor, then some heated leather seats... No, New stereo system before the seats... Then the seats, and electric windows and door locks.

Then Megasquirt and spark, Rtz mount, better trans x-member ,and then Bi-turbo time for the 355! Then bodywork, nay, Body fabrication!

Seal the engine bay, route the radiator and intercooler air through the hood ala blueovalz, with a couple of vents right above the turbos. Hell, we are gonna need some more meat to put the power down, so coilovers and widen out the body a bit... By that time I will be able to justify a full cage and fuel cell...

And then I will have to sell the car, because it will be too crazy. And then start all over and try to stay in control of myself next time.

Damn rain. Lets me get all the way to the end of my train of thought without being interrupted by actually driving the Z.

So... anyone else run the future of their car through their head today?

Joe

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well thats one way to lower your truck. ;)

Heh, my buddy is in LA and he is laughing about how everyone there if freakin over this rain. He is like, "When I lived in Fla, this much rain was just called Tuesday." Like when people in GA freak over 1/4 of snow.

Though he did tell me that the roads there are so dusty, because of no rain, that when it does rain the dust can turn into a slippery mess.

Have y'all ever sen NYC when they are getting really hit with the rain? I was there this past summer and I am not exaggerating when I say I saw thousands of broken umbrellas piled and overflowing every trashcan on every street corner. My same buddy in LA, doesn't even own an umbrella anymore! :rofl:

We can't really complain. I spent Christmas in shorts and cooking outside while the rest of the world froze!

When the rain is over the rest of the country will stop laughing at us and wish they where here! :P

Regardless, be careful out there!

my buddy lives in Long Beach- his whole street flooded up to windowsills on cars!

cars were floating up onto the sidewalk!! His hyundai as well as about 20 other cars on the street are now dead- dead ecu's and bent valves in his case :(

this vid was hours after the water peaked and it stopped raining.

you can see the water line a full foot higher than the water is in the vid

(if anyone knows how to embed this, feel free)

our garage flooded as well- sandbagged it and fixed the prob for the time being...

personally, i love this weather! went driving last night late- practicing shift-lock oversteer in an abandoned parking lot... whee !

Wow, we musta sent the rain down to you, sorry about that. It be nice and warm(er) up here last few days.

paybacks a bitch! :P

... reports of a tornado/waterspout. This happened today, among other things:

DSCN0721.JPG

thats what the S bay sent up <_<

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=weather&id=7232353

BTW, whats an umbrella? :lol:

It was pretty stormy in Sacramento, but very little flooding, unlike SoCal! We've actually got a little break in it this morning, but we've got a few showers headed our way before a clear weekend.

Good luck staying dry, guys!! The Boso Goon hasn't leaked on me yet this year! The wipers are working great, Rain-X helps a lot, and besides a little fun on the slippery roads, the car is staying planted and behaving itself!

We just had the snow in GA. It was great, Everybody really does freak out and buy a bunch of grocery's and everything. Even though we all know there has never been enough snow in GA to really keep you at home. We did have a "blizzard" 10 yrs ago or more that put the power lines down, but like Fisch said, a New Englader just would call it a Tuesday in Febuary.