Euro look (stretched?) tires...

pope_face

The front flair is to high on the body line. I put mine on under the body line. Makes the car look lower than it really is. But I also cut the fender. I'm running. 16X10 with a 265-50-16:cool:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

other than the bright silver behind the flare I don't see any differance in the mounting placement.

looking at the bolt height and placement from pic to pic they look the same.

I think if I paint it black.

bend in the front a little for clearance. runnin alot of caster yeah know. and let the coilovers down aa 1/2 - 3/4" it will look the same.?

Minus the "G" nose :D

Sweet! Looking good Tony. I say cut the fenders and drop it down another inch or so. Or dont cut them and paint them black if you have the clearance. But either way it has to come down some more. Oh yeah......NICE OVERFLOW!;)

• 1 month later...
Also here is an example of a car with heavily stretched tires that was involved in a massive accident, including another car and a set of railroad tracks not at a crossing. I drove the car back to my shop. Keep in mind these are also 255's on a 12" rim in the rear and 205's on a 10" in the front. And no the tire stretch was not a contributing factor in the accident. He was getting sideways.

As you can see the bead did not 'flop' off the rim and even with the deflated tires they still held a bead on three of the wheels.

BrettS14010.jpg

BrettS14008.jpg

BrettS14004.jpg

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked that s14 uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup :D

I think that you can go too far with this stretching. In my opinion I want as much contact patch on the road as possible with out the wheel and tire combo looking out of place. Doesn't serve much purpose in my opinion to put a small tire on a large rim, especially with the newer tires running higher pressure, you can always air them up to get you spinning faster.

Nah, got these from Japan a few years back...

I've seen a few sets of 17s in the US, never seen 16s except for mine. Got a link to that auction?

O, no link. The guy owed me a set of wheels, so when get got a container of wheeles and cars from japan he offered me the same set of volks. I didn't think they would work because they had 42mm or so offset on the front wheels. He said he ended up selling them on ebay. I ended up getting a set of blitz wheels of a s13 he imported. he owed me a set of rotas I think I made out pretty well:D

• 1 month later...
ahh, the ongoing is stretch good debate ...

i've often wondered who actually started it: the euro's or the jdm's ...

I thought I did years ago when I put a 205 on a really really wide rim, I did it because I was to cheap to buy wide tires though :D good OL Used Tire Warehouse they put them on for me when no one else would :D

The world may never know... :P

Both claim ownership. I think the Japanese pioneered the extreme "show-only" stretch, and the Euros the mild daily driver stretch. :D

maybe neither

do you remember back in the late 80's when the whole big bumpin minitruckin scene was in? only the coolest mini trucks had super wide kmc's on really streched tires, i don't remember seening it earlier than that.

for sho it started in racing like every other cool innovation. but at what point did it start on the streets? during the 70's america was still going thru the fat tire with white letters look. who knows what they were doing in europe. we may never know.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...