Euro look (stretched?) tires...

pope_face

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So on a 280zx 5star wheel, they're like...14x6 right? What size tire would I need for a mild but noticable stretch?

if i'm thinking of the right wheel (the two piece one, right?) theres nothing you can put on a 6" wide wheel that will look stretched, *maybe* something like a 165/65r14.

the problem is that 6" wide wheels arent very wide at all. I have 165/45r15's on my zx snowflake wheels and they dont look very stretched at all to me, maybe just a very good fit. Now on a 7", they would look perfect. if you want I'll upoad a pic later.

if i'm thinking of the right wheel (the two piece one, right?) theres nothing you can put on a 6" wide wheel that will look stretched, *maybe* something like a 165/65r14.

the problem is that 6" wide wheels arent very wide at all. I have 165/45r15's on my zx snowflake wheels and they dont look very stretched at all to me, maybe just a very good fit. Now on a 7", they would look perfect. if you want I'll upoad a pic later.

Please do. Even if I can get something that fits better. My tires seem a bit too big.

my buddys have this going on on their silvias

l_d042795d324c160b6307a34d203f51ba.jpg

looks like a 240SX to me, but a nice one.

and the 14x6 is a 6 spoke star. If the tire looks too tall, that's probably because you have the factory tire size on there :D

Are you planning to run undersize tires and have your speedometer inaccurate?

Please do. Even if I can get something that fits better. My tires seem a bit too big.

Like I said, I'd prefer 7" wide wheels, but I got such a good deal on these, and they werent too tough to clean up, I roll with 'em on my 'yota anyway. Here they are:

th_Wheels001.jpgth_Wheels002.jpgth_Wheels003.jpgth_Wheels004.jpg

• 1 month later...

i definately would want a pic of this. i'm in the process of trying to find a used 195 45 15 to mount on my enkies just to see how they look. i know that the 195 50's would have a little stretch, but i'm kind of lookin for more stretch without having to go to a 15 x 8 wheel. i have not seen a 165 45 15 before on a 15 x 7 rim.

Like I said, I'd prefer 7" wide wheels, but I got such a good deal on these, and they werent too tough to clean up, I roll with 'em on my 'yota anyway. Here they are:

th_Wheels001.jpgth_Wheels002.jpgth_Wheels003.jpgth_Wheels004.jpg

dam, bro, i think you just chose my tires. any chance i can get you to measure the overall height? with a 15 x 7 wheel they would definately have more of a stretched look, but they stilll look cool on the flakes.

Where can you get these 165/45-15 tires? Are they available in the US?

FWIW, the Tire Rack does have a 165/65-14 available. Would make a decent stretch on a 14x6...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE92&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=665SR4RE92&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

FWIW, the Tire Rack does have a 165/65-14 available. Would make a decent stretch on a 14x6...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE92&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=665SR4RE92&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

any tire place that carries the federal formoza tire brand can get these for you. the vw guys run this size frequently. yah, the tire rack doesn't carry these. that's the first place i looked as well. after some searching on the web, i have not found them cheaper than 111 bucks.

• 2 weeks later...
Seems u guys with the 15x7 0offset rims are making them fit. are u guys on stock 510 front strut housings?

I assure you, they will NOT fit with stock struts. 280ZX struts and camber plates are a must for this.

i'm thinking of going 15x7.5 0 offset. with 195-50-15's yeah it'll be strecthed:D

195/50-15 isn't too much of a stretch on a 15x7, but it does look good. :D

dq2small.jpg

A 185/55-15 might be better, if you can still get those.

would be the shit on a 14x7

1mph less from a 185/60/14

i calculated

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoTireMath.jsp

• 1 month later...