Euro look (stretched?) tires...

pope_face

when it comes to stretch, some to fit if you need it sure but just doing it so you can have dish and be "hella flush" is silly, I buy wide ass wheels so I can lay more rubber on the ground, not look mad JDM tiyte yo <_<

ya, some of em look cool and all but Im very much form follows function, I dont care how pretty it is, if it doesnt function its not worth shit.

He speaks the truth.

Want more sidewall rigidity? Drop your aspect ratio. Even if you are a drifter, I'm not sure what stretched tires and tons of negative camber can do beneficially, or more importantly safely...especially for the street.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like stretch just because of the way it looks, idk, I guess it's just a change from the epic bubble sidewalls on 15" wheels that I'm used to from seeing at the Strip all my life lol

And the only reason I have that much camber in my rear is because S130's and Z31's have semi-trailing arms in the rear... I'd love to not have that much camber so my tires would last longer, but I don't feel like going through all the trouble of modifying my subframe to allow for adjustment...

and for your viewing pleasure:

195-60_15x10.jpg

I believe that's a 195/60-15 on another 15x10 wheel

Im not knockin your Z Pontiac, lol I dont see those wheels fitting in there any other way.

they look sick on alot of cars but Im just sayin its stupid when its just for looks, so you can brag about how "mad JDM tyyyyte" and "hEllA FuSh!1!!" you are.

when you do things to your car that should be for performance but you just did it for the looks...

... thats called all show, no go,

or abbreviated.... rice.

• 1 year later...

It's obviously not a huge amount, but the tread is considerably narrower than the wheel width. I actually think from a performance standpoint, it's the perfect "stretch". Sidewalls are stiff, but not so stretched it's "dangerous".

Any time the tire sidewall doesn't go past the wheel lip, I say it's stretched.

Picture_047%7E2.jpg

thats perfect for the way i want my tires to look. i have 14x7's what size should i use? i was thinking 185/60/r14 since one tire calculator told me that would be a 7.3 inch section width but after thinking about it and reading this, i'm sure its way off. i can also go 195/60r14. thats as wide as i can go with as close to the stock diameter tire as stock on my b210

i needed to bump. you will probably agree that the tires that are on my 14's are horrific looking since they are 225/70's might as well be truck tires. they ever so slightly clear the fender, but i my friend gave me the wheels and i dont want to be a dick and leave his 240z on blocks or on the ground so i'm givin him my steelies. and obviously i dont have new tires yet.

303100_2614433289772_1523273381_2804474_2062034565_n.jpg

thats perfect for the way i want my tires to look. i have 14x7's what size should i use? i was thinking 185/60/r14 since one tire calculator told me that would be a 7.3 inch section width but after thinking about it and reading this, i'm sure its way off. i can also go 195/60r14. thats as wide as i can go with as close to the stock diameter tire as stock on my b210

But all its going to do is make it look less stretched. It is still stretched... It will look roughly like your picture. Also note, you never said 14 inch.

actually i did say 14. look whos not reading.

actually i did say 14.

not when I posted the link. I wouldn't have posted it if it wasnt going to help. All you said was 185, 60 instead of 55, and the picture showed a newer VW wheel, which at a minimum tends to be a 15". You didnt say 14 til much later.

EDIT--I just noticed that post, it was on the previous page. I had clicked on page 7 (I have my pages set up differently) instead of clicking on not yet read. Oops.

Regardless tire width to rim width is the same. It is actually going to come down to the tire manufacturer.

well i'm really diggin falken ziex's i can get them in 185/60r14 for 64 a piece and the 195/65r14 for 76 a piece. they have a rim protector lip and they are classed as a performance tire by falken. i have done my research now i just need to decide on what size. they both will handle better than the pizza cutter 155's that came stock so functionality is coming before style in this case, like skib said. i think i want the 185's since they have a little less rolling resistance and are a little lighter than the 195's and they are cheaper. and i have heard from a local ratsuner that discount tire stretches tires.

well i'm really diggin falken ziex's i can get them in 185/60r14 for 64 a piece and the 195/65r14 for 76 a piece. they have a rim protector lip and they are classed as a performance tire by falken. i have done my research now i just need to decide on what size. they both will handle better than the pizza cutter 155's that came stock so functionality is coming before style in this case, like skib said. i think i want the 185's since they have a little less rolling resistance and are a little lighter than the 195's and they are cheaper. and i have heard from a local ratsuner that discount tire stretches tires.

...... and??? ....... :lol: ....... . . . discount tire stretches tires???.. .. before they ship them??? ..... :lol:

...... and??? ....... :lol: ....... . . . discount tire stretches tires???.. .. before they ship them??? ..... :lol:

no. i'm gonna have them mount and stretch them since their shop is about 3 miles away and i know most of the crew there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...