Euro look (stretched?) tires...

pope_face

datsunfreak I printed out the pic and looked at it for a week straight to see if i liked the way it looked. but I have a problem with the pasenger rear of my car. I know about how the tires get more clearance as the more the sus. compresses. heres the situtation, driverside rear is clearing just fine but the passengerside I bend and rolled the crap out of it and it still rubs.

rear driverside wheel/tire sits like that teal 4dr in that pic above

rear passengerside wheels/tire sticks out about 1" pass the body.

:confused: whats the hell is going on here.

thinking i might cut and relocate the rear swing arm brackets inboard

front driverside

front.jpg

drivers rear, rolled inner lip

driverrear.jpg

pass. rear, rolled inner lip and bend out and up (looks nice huh)

passrear.jpg

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, just dragging up this thread for some confirmation.

I just my hands on some watanabe rims in the following size;

16x7 +25 on the front

16x8 +25 on the rear.

Hoping to stretch some tyres on the back, but have the front sitting about flush.

Should I go the 195/50/16 all round?

They are going on my 610 if that matters.

cheers!

I just my hands on some watanabe rims in the following size;

16x7 +25 on the front

16x8 +25 on the rear.

Hoping to stretch some tyres on the back, but have the front sitting about flush.

Should I go the 195/50/16 all round?

They are going on my 610 if that matters.

I'd probably go 205 on the rear, but everything else seems fine.

BTW, you are going to need some BIG spacers to get +25 to even look decent on a 610. ;)

I'd probably go 205 on the rear, but everything else seems fine.

BTW, you are going to need some BIG spacers to get +25 to even look decent on a 610. ;)

I doubt I'll need spacers to make it look good, the rims that are on it at the moment are 17x7 inch +25's;

coupewingfo4.jpg

So I'm hoping I'll only need a small spacer if anything to get the rim on there, and that offset should fill out the guards easily.

But thanks for the tyre advice, I'll probably got the 205 on the rear if you recommend it.

I doubt I'll need spacers to make it look good, the rims that are on it at the moment are 17x7 inch +25's;

We have different opinions, then. I like the wheels to be flush with the fender. :D

But thanks for the tyre advice, I'll probably got the 205 on the rear if you recommend it.

Definitely, as 195s will be a BIG stretch on an 8" wheel.

Very nice looking 610 by the way. Reminds me of my old one... :D

102bob3.jpg

Thanks for the pics, yeah I saw that last one from those event pics, looks awesome. I'm going for flush with the guards as well, I suppose my car has extended front control arms and R31 struts so obviously effects my offset on the front.

The 17x7 +25's on the front sit flush with the guard at the moment (I actually need to roll the lip on the guards), so the 16x7 on the front should be fine).

The rear 17x7 +25 sits about an inch in at the moment, so I'm hoping that extra inch (or half inch) will sit it close enough. If not I'll put a 20mm or so bolt on spacer as you mentioned, as these rims allow for the extra stud length within the rim.

My tyre shop reckon they can do the stretch of the 195, so I'll speak to them first and go from there, otherwise a 205 it is.

I also need to lower my car at the back, but unfortunately the exhaust scrapes on the driveway as it is.

thanks for the help.

It's actually a bit taller than the stock size. The stock tire is 22.8" tall, a 195/55-15 is 23.4" tall. Your speedo will read 2-3mph lower than your actual speed, too.

FYI, a 195/50-15 is 22.7" tall, or amount 2mm shorter than stock.

Is this for a 510? Mine are going on a 521, and I think the stock size is 195/75R14, so I figured I'd be pretty close... I may have to go with the 15x8's though, just because so far nobody can come up with smoothies in a 16x8 in the 6 bolt pattern...

BTW, Freak, what size tires are those in the pics?

Is this for a 510? Mine are going on a 521, and I think the stock size is 195/75R14, so I figured I'd be pretty close...

Ahhh... To match the stock diameter for that, you want a 195/65-15 (slightly smaller), or 205/65-15 (slightly bigger). In a 16", to match diameter you want a 195/60-16 (smaller) or a 205/60-16 (bigger). A 55-series tire in a 15" will be A LOT smaller than the stock size.

BTW, Freak, what size tires are those in the pics?

Which pic? :P

The red 510 is a 15x8 wheel with a 205/50-15. The white 610 is a 14x8 with a 225/60-14.

Datsunfreak, another question for you!

Just found a set of rims under my old man's house, and they have 205/45/16 tyres on them.

They will be perfect for the front, but do you think the 45 series profile has enough wall height to stretch over an 8 inch rim?

Hoping it does, as it would mean I wouldn't have to pay top dollar for tyres.

cheers

Awesome, thanks.

Also I checked clearances for the new rims on the weekend, and either the rim will fit with a bee's dick to spare between the front of the rim and trailing arm, or 20mm wheel spacers will be used.

I'm thinking of getting the wheel spacers anyway to widen the track, so I stand corrected, a +10 offset would have been better for the rear.

• 3 weeks later...

What's the gauge on the fender for? Boost pressure?

And yeah, cut the fender, or at least paint it black under the flares. It throws the look off a bit when you can obviously see the fender under the flare, like on the front in the second pic...

Things come at you fast in this car :D so I didn't want it rite in my way while driving.

+ while sitting in the driver seat it is the 4th gauge in line with the 3 dash gauges. all Autometer Pro comp liquid.

Look at the under hood pic and you will see the fuel psi regulator on the passenger side. The stainless fuel line connects the reg and gauge.

Does it look bad? let me have it.. thats why I posted pics.