A classic 620 view

Steroid

I KNOW MOST OF YOU HAVE SEEN THIS BEFORE:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=108387&nseq=14

But for You newer guys on the forum, this is how 620s were shipped to Your town! Enjoy!

Also see:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/43210-pretty-cool-old-picture/?hl=%2Bsan+%2Bbernardino+%2Btrain&do=findComment&comment=68608

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one of My favorite 620 photos. I spent a lot of time in that location photographing trains. I have worked those tracks too. If any of You have ever seen the photos (taken in 1976) of My Datsun SS, that is the location I photographed it on those bricks.

This photo is on this forum elsewhere but no doubt "buried". We discussed it and somebody on here enlarged the cars only with the 620s on them.

My other favorite "classic view" is the overhead photo taken at a dock of about 100 or so 620s that have just arrived and been offloaded from a ship. Maybe someone can post that view here. If You haven't yet seen it, it is a very cool photo.

when they shipped the datsuns to the USA, did they not come with beds and when did and who did install them.. hummm

Datsun 620's were put together in Yokohama japan completly except for the bed and the bed was installed here in the u.s. check your door jam the first date is when it was finished in japan.... and the second date is when they slapped on the bed here in america. :)

look how much rarer the blue color is

Hey mine was blue when I first bought it. :D

and look how rare the red and tan ones are not...... but, this is just one ship...

That is how I took delivery of my 620...

the ship captain ask me what color I wanted, gave me keys and had me sign the log book.

Now I will have to relate the epic tale of how I came to own my truck on the Chronicles thread. :rolleyes:

shut up....

is it true??:D

when they shipped the datsuns to the USA, did they not come with beds and when did and who did install them..
The beds were shipped separately from the rest, and installed here on US soil. Nissan saved lots of money by establishing this partial assembly instead importing fully assembled trucks. The assembly was done by DAS in Long Beach, Seattle, and Vancouver.

I have a friend who is senior citizen. He told me one time they hopped a train and rode it across the Cascades while sitting in the cab of a new Datsun 620! I can just barely imagine what that must have been like....

yeah i thought blue was the most popular color seeing as how there are so many of them but it looks like blue was the rarest one of the bunch.... anyways i was wondering if two tone datsuns were popular i had a twotone green and white 79 620 kc and when i decoded it it said that was the original color but ive never seen one since... could it have been a rare one?