$500 Dime fender!!?!?! I'll take 2 please....

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats not bad for an NOS fender. If I wanted a perfect Dime I could see my self paying that much. Good bodywork is not cheap, you could spend a few hours trying to make a used fender to a nice usable one, but it will never be as nice as a New One :D And Where ya going to find another one? I had a chance to buy one 6 months ago for $350, I should have, But then it would go with the pile of other NOS 510 stuff I have :eek:

Bryce

I have two used front 510 fenders in near-perfect condition. If anyone wants to give me $250 a piece, I'm listening. :D

And for $500 dollars, you could get a good bodyman to reproduce that fender out of gold and it would look as nice. So what if it's new?

I have two used front 510 fenders in near-perfect condition. If anyone wants to give me $250 a piece, I'm listening. :D

And for $500 dollars, you could get a good bodyman to reproduce that fender out of gold and it would look as nice. So what if it's new?

I have seen new NOS fenders sell for $800.

Most body shops charge $80 per hour or so and to make a used fender perfect it would probably take more then 3 hours so add that to the price of your used fender and it is the same cost or more.

the problem is the guy will sell them for that much cause there are too many dip shits out there willing to pay that. i love datsuns as much as the next guy if not more. but i would never pay 500$ for fenders when brand f******g new the whole car sold for less then 3000. sorry for ranting. just tired of over priced 40 year old scrap

the problem is the guy will sell them for that much cause there are too many dip shits out there willing to pay that. i love datsuns as much as the next guy if not more. but i would never pay 500$ for fenders when brand f******g new the whole car sold for less then 3000. sorry for ranting. just tired of over priced 40 year old scrap

thats why my fender is gonna stay dented for the time being.

my nos stuff wont go on the car until its good enough looking cosmetically.

I would think someone who's into reproducing fiberglass/carbon fiber parts would be more than willing to pay $500 for that... You know you'll end up with perfect fitment on everything that comes from that mold, and you're bound to make much more from it than you paid.

NOS parts are expensive. The fender will sell to the right person, just like NOS parts always do.

I guess a Ferrari that cost $9000 in 1972 should not be worth $150,000 now either.

The days of cheap Datsuns is short lived. They little cars are going up in value every year and so are their parts.

Again, it comes down to what you want. If you are building a sweet street/show dime with SR20DET and all the goodies, what is $500 for a fender when you have already spent $30000 on the rest of the car.

Maybe you don't want a super clean high dollar 510 but it doesn't mean that the people building them are dip shits:eek:

Also, just because you cut them up and sell them for cheap parts doesn't make the parts scrap:p

I know a particular member on this forum who would pay for that. matter of fact, he has once before haha.. If he has seen this thread, hes prolly drooling over it already...

$500 seems a bit pricey, i think i remember a rear quarter panel going for that same price, it was NOS but not still boxed...

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/1495671250.html

U IS ON CRACK!!! WTH? I know vehicle prices are going into ludicrous speed, but gimme a break. If this seller is a member here, SHAME!

....that is all.

-B

Is it necessary calling out someone you don't know and ask if he's on this forum.

That seller will get $500 or more for sure

I'd pay $500 for it

Let's just say it's not a Ratsun price nor does it qualify as a Ratsun fender.

This is a Ratsun fender right here and selling it for $20.

I posted on CL a week ago

Hope no one calls me crack head for my asking price :D

IMG00112.jpg

Maybe it's because I'm very familiar with the world of s30 nos that, that price seems about right and not exaggerated. You never saw nos s30 bumpers sell? or inner door panels? Or rear 1/4's? ONE s30 rear 1/4 can sell for as much as TWO of those fenders. Datsun nos = bank

Would I pay that much? Hell no, I can do body work and it's not that imp to me. That doesn't mean it's worth every bit of that asking price. I think people shocked just don't know how things work..... Esp if trying to compare the price of a rare in original packaging NEW old stock part to the cost of the car when bought. :rolleyes:

-All original dime

-TRUE Restoration

-A no body work(filler/fg etc) car

-Mold making

-Make enough money and want to do the best you can by your dime

-Don't have the time to dick with fitment

All legitimate reasons for buying that fender.

I wish Clive would chime in thats on of his specialties. He has cleaned out dealers from FL to CAN for nos.

Edited by 72240z

Maybe you don't want a super clean high dollar 510 but it doesn't mean that the people building them are dip shits:eek:

I agree, why should some one be expected to part with what probably is one of the very few remaining NOS fenders in the US at a , "Er ya go buddy :spit ting: just gimme the bail a hay we discussed" rate.

Grass roots guys into 510 build and swap their own shit. Rich wankers come along an buy their own way into the 510 cult scene.

in a perfect world everyone would be a jaded mechanic with all the know how and time to finely craft a rusty car into a crusty respectable car. I (and many others) dont have the time or know how so we pay people that do to create our dream rides. I wouldn't say us wankers are the ones driving up the prices. You geezers (said with respect) are the ones holding all the parts any how.

Grass roots guys into 510 build and swap their own shit. Rich wankers come along an buy their own way into the 510 cult scene. It becomes more main stream and desirable .... prices go up.

Then when they post them everyone blows them about how nice the car is so.... Double entendre or what? lol

If I owned those fenders I would try to get what I could out of them too,as anyone would. So far I have made hoods,trunk lids and valances for the 510,s (fiberglass) These parts arent show car quality but they are also half the price of the big dealers.

Although it would be cool having blinging NOS metal I would rather spend the money else where. I see it selling that's for sure just not to a guy like me. I'd rather have a bondo barge :) Can't see the fender from the drivers seat, nor can you see the filler through the paint. 500 would be enough for some nice stainless for some custom exhaust or even a bigger turbo. Two things that I could justify spending that kinda money on. I do have some NOS rear quarter window seals I'm putting on my dime. I've seen them go for 600 on EBAY but there is no way in hell I'm selling them years ago when me and Thomas each bought a set I was determined to one day install them. So now that I'm to that point I have to install them. If only I would have know about the fenders back then.

Although it would be cool having blinging NOS metal I would rather spend the money else where. I see it selling that's for sure just not to a guy like me. I'd rather have a bondo barge :) Can't see the fender from the drivers seat, nor can you see the filler through the paint. 500 would be enough for some nice stainless for some custom exhaust or even a bigger turbo. Two things that I could justify spending that kinda money on. I do have some NOS rear quarter window seals I'm putting on my dime. I've seen them go for 600 on EBAY but there is no way in hell I'm selling them years ago when me and Thomas each bought a set I was determined to one day install them. So now that I'm to that point I have to install them. If only I would have know about the fenders back then.

Why would you install super rare NOS quarter window seals on a bondo bucket dime? Datsunland socal has new replacements for $80 a pair. You can sell yours for $600 and then have $520 left for some custom exhaust or a bigger turbo.:P