My Big "O" experience

My chevy had a flat yesterday & I took it to bigO tires cuz that is where they were bot on 12/28/08. The warranty was in the glove box from the P.O.

3 year FREE replace or repair warranty. Well much to my chagrin I found out that the warranty does not transfer to the next owner of the vehicle:cursing:

They could not fix the leak cuz it was on the sidewall and had to replace the tire. $184! They ruined my center cap getting it off and would not even replace it. They said that they warned me it would ruin it, when what they said was that it would ruin the SCREW. I said no big deal I can always replace the screw. When I confronted them about it they lied and told me the said the cap. :eek::sneaky:

I could not beleive that a company like this would not take care of there tire when it wasnt even a year old. I will never ever go to Big O ever!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked at Big O here locally last year for a total of two weeks. They basically hired me to cover their managers vacation (I have a shitload of experience in tire shops) and then fired me for some bogus, bullshit reasons... Never go there again.

I had a similar issue with Les Schwab on 4th ave in Seattle. My 620 had LS tires on it and when I had the wheels swapped I had to pay for balancing. I had a nasty vibration that I figure was a balance issue. Even though I payed for the "lifetime" balance, since I didn't by the tires originally they wouldn't balence them EVER. So fuck em.

Les Schwab lost my family's business about a year or so ago. My Mom had LS tires on her Ranger, and she's the one who bought them so she had the paperwork and everything. She had a tire go flat, and took it in, they wouldn't fix or replace it. They accused her of knifing the tire. Mind you, this is a tire that had a leak, it still held air, it just didn't hold it long. The leak was in the sidewall- it was definately a gouge, likely from hitting the edge one of those metal plates they use to cover the road when they do sewer line work. Plus it was the INNER sidewall, not the outer.

Problem was they were fairly expensive tires (even for LS brand) because they are an odd size. I suggested she try taking it to a different store, but Mom was too pissed off (and I really don't blame her).

My folks ended up going to Discount for the next set, and teh set for the Durango, etc.

Me personally, I've never really had a bad experience with any tire store (for tires) except them overtightening the lug nuts so that I have to use a 6' cheater to get the damn things off. I've had several times had leaks they wouldn't fix claiming the wheels were too rusty (one time was with aluminum alloys- uh, they CAN'T be "rusty") so I ended up having to clean the beads myself.

What I have found is if you don't have a warranty, a Used tire shop is the best place to take a fixable flat. They cost WAY less, and usually do a decent job.

Well much to my chagrin I found out that the warranty does not transfer to the next owner of the vehicle:cursing:

They could not fix the leak cuz it was on the sidewall and had to replace the tire. $184!

how/why did they find out you were not 'fixing' it for the previous owner? :cursing:

i hate big O also.

but no one is gonna repair a sidewall...

Hey what's up guys? Sorry to hear about all the tire troubles. Well I don't have a lot of expirence in sales or anything,but I've been buying things for my cars since I started driving at 15 years old. I agree small used tire vendors are the way to go. The tire shop I go to gets me a set of Goodyear Egales 225/60r16 for $130.00 . Mounted balanced everything. The tires are take offs from the local law enforcement pursuit vehicles. Thank God for Crown Vics. Just be friendly to the guys and take care of the workers. Believe me I give the helpers like $2.00 or $3.00 dollars when they mount or fix a flat. After a while they start fixing flats for free, free air and balancing. Because remember a company's goal is to make money while smiling in your face and screwing from behind.

years ago les schwab busted a lug on the back tire of my 81 510 wagon. They didnt bother to tell me or fix it. They just rolled the car around. I happened to notice it when they pulled up.

After telling them about it, they said oh well yeah we broke one. but its going to cost you 35 to fix it... After arguing with them for a while i just gave up and said fuck w/e and paid them 35 to fix it. Didn't feel safe rolling on three lugs. That was les schwab on industrial way in longview

you guys must have asshoes working for LS. I put 4 new tires on my 72 GT-37 and they ended up stripping 3 or 4 studs so they took the 72 to the back side of their store where they do suspension / front end work, the worker said did you just buy these tires here, I said yeap and he said there will be no charge on the new studs, even threw on some new chrome nuts. Maybe it's because I do alot of business with them or it small town courtesy. They also broke a stud on my daughters car (99 Grand Am ) and put a longer one on then whats suppose to be on there, I talk to them about it and that I wanted it fixed right, they said bring it in and there will be no charge.

If your having problems with LS, talk to the store manager instead of the grunt, all he's trying to do is keep his job.

and if that doesn't work talking to the manager, ask for the corporate office phone number and make sure you get names. I bet there tune changes fast.. GL

and be nice to them.. there people to.....

Edited by 420n620
how/why did they find out you were not 'fixing' it for the previous owner? :cursing:

i hate big O also.

but no one is gonna repair a sidewall...

I am an Honest person & told them I had just bot the truck. So after that fiasco they put on my spare which was seriously low on air:cursing:. I just cannot believe the unprofessionalism of everyone involved.:mad:

I ended up calling the previous owner and he is going to take the tire in to the other BigO in Bremerton where he bot the tires and get it replaced 4 me.

My best Tire shop experience was with an old sentra we had. We got a flat, had no spare, so I threw one on from my honda. Drove her down to Evergreen Tires, they did not sell us the tire, nor did the carry the brand, but the were gonna fix it for free.

When they went to pull the tire off, one of the studs snapped due to the honda wheel hub being smaller and the wheel damaging the stud. WHOOPS! The fixed the tire, and then said we can't send you out on 3 studs cause its a liability, they ordered a new one from the parts store, installed it with a new nut and sent us off and refused to charge us. This was all at 1/4 till closing!! AWESOME shop. Love those guys.

i would send the first post here as a e-mail to the district manager, then link to this thread, then follow up with the BBB.

i usually have shoddy work done at LS, not tight lugs, way too tight, replacing the wrong tires on the car and "losing" my good tires. the one in lake city had a decent alignment tech, but he quit/fired or somthin. now they tell me they cant align a 75 toyota :rolleyes:

big O told me they could not get wheels for my 80 toyota 4x4 in ANY size :eek:

discount on northgate way has been nothing but good to me, even if i had to teach the whole crew how to put a large wheel/tire on a truck (use the toe). they allowed me to hang out and watch while they balanced a set of used 35's i mounted on wheels i bought from them, then i tought the crew how to put em on. they did forget to torque my wheel locks and one flew off somewhere, went in and no questions asked they gave me a whole set of locks for free and sent me on my way.

used tire stores kick ass.

ratsun friendly seattle area used tire store, ive worked for ty. good dude, even if a tad on the high strung side.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=the+tire+exchange+seattle&fb=1&gl=us&hq=the+tire+exchange&hnear=seattle&cid=13370282690587330654