71 79 datsun bagged, chopped, & channeled only $7000obo

79 datsun 620 registered as a 71 NO SMOG runs great with a Ca. CLEAN TITLE, It is air bagged, chopped, channeled and sectioned it "is only 33 inches tall from the ground to the top of the roof" im 6'2" and i can drive the truck just fine it is a full show truck that will win you tons of awards, will be in STREET TRUCKS MAGAZINE in this months issue in stores now, 60k origional miles 5 speed transmission, independent rear suspension from a 280Z, lazer cut suspension parts, RE-7 bags, airbags installed under the dash, 2 chrome viar compressors, two 3 gallon air tanks, dual batterys,when aired out it lays on the doors, soda blasted to bare metal and cleared so it wont rust, this is not for the faint of heart, your thumb will hurt from giving everyone thumbs up, truly one of a kind

truck is located in Lancaster Ca 93536 (possible delivery)

here is a link to tons more pics http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=400909573&albumId=1075281

for more info call or text Robert (661)860-3595 or kotasdaddie@hotmail.com thanks

possible trade for huge lifted bonster truck like pictured

l_9681cfb5e49c469085ea875dc7d0c5e2.jpg

l_2d1313f1b0844dd5927267867f18302d.jpg

Edited by caddyhack
  • Like 2
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that it is registered as a '71 means that someone has fucked with the VIN/title. That makes the truck worth very little. I say if you get $1k out of the truck, you have done well. It's not about the amount of work in it or the cost of parts. There are very few people that would want to __own__ that truck. Of that few, it's doubtful any of them have the $7k to spend on it. If one or two did, it's a matter of if they would - which is doubtful.

$7000 buys a lot of stuff...

I think the truck looks cool...

accually i just recently bought a 1971 clean title (pinkslip) and two vin tags ... I also have the stock 1979 clean title and 2 vin tags ..it just one less thing you have to worry about here in Ca now the stock air cleaner vacume lines etc can be removed for a cleaner look

thanks for the kind words about the truck guys especially on a site called RATsun rat meaning in primer build a truck with a hot rod style/look it has the craziest canilever setup that i have ever seen chrome compressors lazer cut parts the list goes on and on... It has a rat look but runs and drives better and smoother than any other car that i have ever rode in

Edited by caddyhack
accually i just recently bought a 1971 clean title (pinkslip) and two vin tags ... I also have the stock 1979 clean title and 2 vin tags ..it just one less thing you have to worry about here in Ca now the stock air cleaner vacume lines etc can be removed for a cleaner look

uh, so you're stating that you're commiting Fraud by swapping VIN tags, selling a vehicle that doesn't have the correct tags, and putting it in writing:blink:

...and yes, I know it happens a lot, but most people know better than to admit it in writing on a public forum.

You do know that the frame and motor have stamped numbers on them as well, right? The frame numbers can get you in trouble in CA with a swapped VIN.

I'm not trying to be rude, but the Ratrod thing has really jumped the shark, I would think you're more likely in the 4K range with that truck. There are 3 or 4 other 620's chopped and channeled like yours at various shows, most primered.

Edited by makya

thanks for the kind words about the truck guys especially on a site called RATsun rat meaning in primer build a truck with a hot rod style/look it has the craziest canilever setup that i have ever seen chrome compressors lazer cut parts the list goes on and on... It has a rat look but runs and drives better and smoother than any other car that i have ever rode in

What you are describing above is VERY illegal. ESPECIALLY in California! Add to that you are advertising it in a public forum.

Now.. what you are missing is your 1971 title and VIN tags are from a completely different truck. Your 1971 is a 521. What you have is a 620. There was no 620 in 1971. Anyone who has any clue about Datsuns will know that there is no way you have a 1971 521, regardless of what your VIN tag foolery indicates..

Given that you have publicly admitted the VIN issues AND the fact that you could never drive the truck without being hassled by the authorities. My bet is it is a $1000 rig given the above. It won't see time on the streets - legally.

having air bags in most states is illegal but everyone has air ride, and loud exhaust and too low and a loud sterio are all illegal "they are just fun to have right???"

I STILL HAVE THE ORIGIONAL pink slip and vin tagas to the 79 i bought a set online from a 71 521 i know they are different trucks

but most cops wouldnt know the differerence and pull you over for knowing 521 stopped around 72 and 620 started around 73

i could slap a gallon of bondo on it and paint it with a big sun on the hood but it wouldent be a ratrod thats what it is ... a ratrod

but there is no issue with the vin i just bought a different clean title and i still have the origional Clean title so i dont have to deal with smoging the truck

i dont know if i am being missunderstood i know its illegal and the truck gets driven locally on the weekends its not an everyday commuter truck even though it runs great its just like a 1932 ford roadster its not something that you would drive on a daily bassis

Edited by caddyhack

you cant just go online and buy a title and 2 vin tags and say hey they go to this truck

for one that will land you in jail

and for two the car will be impounded and you will have to pay all fees and explain to the judge why you had the wrong vin tag on your car

i know this how???

my second 510 had no dash in it when i got it, so i bought a parts car and swaped in the dash.. forgetting to remove the vin tag, later remebering. i said well as long as i have bolth paper works and nothing is stolen ill be fine WRONG!!!! i got pulled over i got arested for tampering with the vins car was impounded, it was a big hassle and cost alot of money to get me and my car out. but i got lucky the judge was kind of a car guy and understood i was trying to restore the car but expressed how important it was NEVER to tamper with vins..

Edited by JDM510

Me personally I wouldnt have done all that fab work on a Datsun,,, and I am a datsun 620 lover...But I will say Kudos for all the work and time it took to do. It would be a kick to see it in persobn rollong down the road....Hope you get a buyer....

• Like 1

i think the truck looks cool, but couldnt you figure out a nicer way to do the interior and bag set up? this looks dangerous as hell...

http://www.mattalbertson.net/steeringsupport.jpg

http://rides.minitruckinweb.com/ride/1012723/bulletside/1979/datsun/pickup/photos/9.html

• Like 1

the rebar on the interior was just the shifter and i have cut the rebar out and changed the shifter to some chain that i brazed together and put a crystal door knob shift knob,im 6foot 2inches tall, 190lbs and fit and drive the truck just fine,

As for the vin.... the frame isnt origional so all i have to do is stamp new numbers into it (i have not done the vin swap yet) so it is still leagally registered and tagged as a 79 i havent done anything to the vin at all i just bought a vin if that was the road i wanted to choose

the air ride in the cab is like no other and to see it in person will blow your mind and to top it all off the passanger bag lifts the drivers side wheel and the drivers side bag lifts the passanger side... and to even top that off more it rides better than any car truck bagged or stock that i have ever had the privilage to ride in

l_758249f02c894bfc9b6e44c33469c895.jpg

and the truck made a magazine and not just a little pic

l_19ff66302c464477b9cf29c385930981.jpg

Edited by caddyhack

and here is a link to all of the other pics i have of the truck if you want any other pics let me know http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=400909573&albumId=1075281

here is one of it lifted pretty much all the way it comes up about an inch or two higher in the front

l_ab1935f6bf764278844582e868607d6a.jpg

front up back down

l_532e80c092f64d40a5919ce44f94f570.jpg

interior

l_5fb1520e6bb64a83b2aec91bdce08114.jpg

it was in STREET TRUCKS and it has been in many others mags but just small pics. Your in colorado .. thats where the truck was built.. im not to into the honda racer sceen but integras are nice cars... yea there is a guy in here with a 521 that said he paid 5000 for bags and i belive 5000 for a body drop and the truck was still pretty stock. other than that it looked really good but not a 10k truck. I know you never get out everything that you put into a vehicle but i think 7000 obo is a fair starting price for this truck make me an offer

Edited by caddyhack

where in colorado? there are quite a few shops that turn out some decent work. I'm sure you will sell it, I bet that this isn't the only forum you put it on. If your talking about the truck that Seth did I wouldn't doubt it has 5k in it, I would assume more than that.

the rebar on the interior was just the shifter and i have cut the rebar out and changed the shifter to some chain that i brazed together and put a crystal door knob shift knob,im 6foot 2inches tall, 190lbs and fit and drive the truck just fine,

As for the vin.... the frame isnt origional so all i have to do is stamp new numbers into it (i have not done the vin swap yet) so it is still leagally registered and tagged as a 79 i havent done anything to the vin at all i just bought a vin if that was the road i wanted to choose

the air ride in the cab is like no other and to see it in person will blow your mind and to top it all off the passanger bag lifts the drivers side wheel and the drivers side bag lifts the passanger side... and to even top that off more it rides better than any car truck bagged or stock that i have ever had the privilage to ride in

l_758249f02c894bfc9b6e44c33469c895.jpg

and the truck made a magazine and not just a little pic

l_19ff66302c464477b9cf29c385930981.jpg

this truck is awesome!! just the fabs alone...incredible!! who would want to drive this 620 anyways, this is a vehicle to take to shows, if it made it in a magazine, not painted or anything, it should mean something. It shows the persons ability to build something unique, its basically an art form. GLWS bro:D

79 datsun 620 registered as a 71 NO SMOG runs great with a Ca. CLEAN TITLE, It is air bagged, chopped, channeled and sectioned it "is only 33 inches tall from the ground to the top of the roof"

the truck is 3'3" inches tall..

l_f637712a5d104ab99fb2274917a0c090.jpg

Which one is it 33 inches or 3 Feet 3 inches?