71 79 datsun bagged, chopped, & channeled only $7000obo

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is a bit out of hand.

I personally like the truck. The proportions after the section and the top chop look good IMO. I does look like it needs quite a bit of finishing though. Have you done anything about a windshield or side windows? If I were a potential buyer that would be one of my major concerns, as custom windows are $$$.

GLWS

I am still trying to bend my mind on how the front airbags +linkage work...why such big airbags?? and why couldnt the linkage be in the engine bay? I am not knocking it, I just trying to figure it out.:confused::blink:

hate to get a finger or leg caught in those links

it doesnt really make sence but the bigger the bag the less pressure it takes to fill and bigger bags = smother ride

they could have done the bags like normal (in the a arms)but he just wanted something different.Its pretty hard to explain how the cantilever works even when your looking at the truck while I explain. there . The linkage would have to stick up over the engine for it to work how it works now. if i can figure how to down load vidoe i will post some for you guys:D

here is a crappy visual of how it works : bag fills (YELLOW) and pushes bag straight out then pivots on canilever(RED) and pushes a rod under the dash(BLUE) and that connects to another rod with almost like shock tabs (GREEN) that goes through the firewall (GREEN) and bushes bown on another rod that acts as a strut (NOT SHOWN) " like i said its hard to explain

l_4359bff7ac124386926758f7bf6e3319.jpg

l_758249f02c894bfc9b6e44c33469c895.jpg

Edited by caddyhack

Well personally I admire all the work that has gone into this truck. The originality of it is A+. I would have done it to something else, a much bigger vehicle. Since it seems a bit dangerous with everything in the cab with you. As with my truck, not everybody likes it, but to each there own.

Chris

Edited by 72 327

Not likely.

Usually, there's only 40-60 psi in these and they're rated to FAR more than that.

No one worries about a tire popping as you air it up, and a tire is NOT rated to FAR more than the max pressure.

I have bagged coilovers on my S13 convertible, and it takes 45-55 psi to go from lowest to highest. Weight is the variable, and this truck probably weighs way less than what my droptop S13 weighs (it's around 2200).

I wouldn't call it a show truck, it's a Ratsun, yes, a Ratrod, yes, a unfinished project truck, yes, but a show truck, no way! It would need at least finish bodywork, and primer, to qualify as a show truck omho, and that of many others of my generation. :lol::lol::lol::cool:

"A vehicle is worth what you fold and put in your pocket when it leaves"