71 79 datsun bagged, chopped, & channeled only $7000obo

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't have ratrod shows? Could have fooled me......

Show truck doesn't always equal cookie cutter shiny imho.

The trucks not drivable? Again could have fooled me.

How many "show" cars of any kind are driven more then occasionally?

Seems like more nit picking bullshit to me.

I wouldn't call it a show truck, it's a Ratsun, yes, a Ratrod, yes, a unfinished project truck, yes, but a show truck, no way! It would need at least finish bodywork, and primer, to qualify as a show truck omho, and that of many others of my generation. :lol::lol::lol::cool:

"A vehicle is worth what you fold and put in your pocket when it leaves"

what do you define as a " show truck " ? just cause it's not shiny doesn't mean it's not worth showing. Had this truck been to a few local shows I went to this year, I bet he would have gotten the craziest suspension setup, lowest old school mini, and the most likely to get pulled over by the cops awards.

I can't speak for the person who built this thing but if I was a betting man I would say he had it in his mind that he wanted people to look at this thing in awe. Not only was that accomplished, people just CAN'T stop talking about it.

When I first saw this truck my jaw hit the floor. Way beyond the average customizing and way beyond the scope of the average customizer. Clearly a massive volume of work and time invested here.:rolleyes:

That thing just bends the lines and helps push the boundries as we learn to define what we like, whats cool and what is Ratsun.

I love it man! :cool:

People with way less of a truck...way less vision, time, money, passion, tools, energy...whatever the reason...should just simply say way less.

Oh...unless they are commenting on the chain shifter...then they can say how horrible it is...:lol: HAHA!!!

Wow, how did I miss this thread.... oh yeah, I figured that after 5-6 posts everyone else would figure this is lame attempt at reverse psychology and it would just die. $7000 get's you thinking just maybe...... The present owner must realize that he can't own it, insure it or legally or safely drive it on the street. Best bet is to make it look interesting enough to palm it off on the next idiot. It's worth what you see, a motor and maybe a tranny nothing more. Sure it's unique but....

unique.gif

honestly Its not very usefull,i cant hual rocks tools etc. but neither is a 1932 ford roadster ... its just a fun truck and gets lots of attention, makes a croud gather around the truck and how many of your cars/truck have gotten in a magazine??? or pretty much and Datsun in the last 10-20 years ...(not to many) ...so obviousle something was done right on the truck, by the way im asking $6000, price was reduced

Edited by caddyhack

it cost 5 grand for any shop to do a normal bag setup on any truck and another 5 to do a bodydrop... not to mention its chopped, and sectioned everything is one off on this truck so if im asking to much then dont buy it :fu:

Edited by caddyhack
I just find it funny that you dont even drive it for fear of tickets and you expect some one to pay 6k for something they wont drive either becuase no one likes tickets.

that is hilarious. i agree the truck is a no go for 6g's yeah its a nice truck and sure it may cost out the ass to do the work but come on it doesnt matter. really i saw the truck in the rags and not 6 thousand id give like 5 tops on a good day if i had it to blow and that is only cause i can actually drive it in my state with out concern but seriously drop it to 5 you might get a better responce

thats why my price is 6K obo im open to offers and you can find a windshield for CHEEP less than $40-60. im open to reasonable offers i dont want to lower the price much more because people offer lower than whats listed...

hows this $5500

price out having a chop, chennel, section, and bags done on any car or truck... Im not saying you always get back every dime you put into your projects but this is a fair price

only $5500

Edited by caddyhack
thats why my price is 6K obo im open to offers and you can find a windshield for CHEEP less than $40-60. im open to reasonable offers i dont want to lower the price much more because people offer lower than whats listed...

hows this $5500

price out having a chop, chennel, section, and bags done on any car or truck... Im not saying you always get back every dime you put into your projects but this is a fair price

only $5500

First off, I like the truck. As for the windows I dont think $40-60 is going to get a windshield on that truck, dont they have to be cut and is there a difference from tempered and non tempered glass? And how expensive is it to cut it?