Skib joins the goon squad.

Skib

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The external regulator went out for the alternator so I figured why not swap in the internally regulated 60amp ZX alt I have laying around :P

110809_1108.jpg

so Iv got the mount that was on the L16 (top) a late L4 mount (center) from DyslexicDime and a Zcar mount (bottom). Turns out the one that was already on the L16 fits perfectly, the Z car one nearly fits but the holes are just a tad off but could be made to work.

110809_1118.jpg

alt I pulled on the right (it was marked Mitsubishi, is that normal?) and the ZX alt on the left

110809_1142.jpg

ZX alt on the L16 mount

The external regulator went out for the alternator so I figured why not swap in the internally regulated 60amp ZX alt I have laying around :P

110809_1108.jpg

so Iv got the mount that was on the L16 (top) a late L4 mount (center) from DyslexicDime and a Zcar mount (bottom). Turns out the one that was already on the L16 fits perfectly, the Z car one nearly fits but the holes are just a tad off but could be made to work.

110809_1118.jpg

alt I pulled on the right (it was marked Mitsubishi, is that normal?) and the ZX alt on the left

110809_1142.jpg

ZX alt on the L16 mount

the alt was a replacement its normal

• 2 months later...

holy shit!!!

its an update! :o

I pulled the center console out of the Z to see how it fins in the goon :D cuz I dont like having a big empty space there.

The Z console, the very front usually has a lid on it to get to the fuse box

so Ill be glassing a new cover for it that will house my water temp and volt gauges :cool:

(second hole is for the shifter and the 3rd hole is where the ashtray lid goes (painting it atm)

0124001054a.jpg

cardboard with duct tape I cut to use as my "mold"

downsized_0124001045a.jpg

fits perfectly where the old lid was

0124001055.jpg

0124001046.jpg

cut some cloth, soaked it with resin, and then laied it over my "mold"

downsized_0124001045b.jpg

0124001213a.jpg

then Ill pop it off and trim off all the extra :D

cool thinkin! I need a center console for my wagon as well. so the z one fit ok with where the shifter is and such?

it fits perfectly, you just lose the ash tray (cup holder in my case)

because the Z tunnel is indented to fit it and the 510's isnt.

Ill have some pics of it in soon as my fiberglass is dry.

my 240z, any S30 console should fit the same tho.

Im gonna check out the 280ZX center later on just to see if its a viable option as well (just for anyone's future reference)

sweet! I know the truck ones wont work.

Lets see some pictures of it done already. :D

Thats cool!

I think I might go the same way with the z center console just not put the gauges in there.

The ZX one would prob work too, it only goes as far up as the shifter hole and has a "cubbie" with opening lid where the tray part of this one is.

Thats the worst idea i have ever seen. you have the worst 510 wagon ever. but i will let you leave it at my house so i can get rid of it for you. Heck I will even drive it around, you know just to make it feel like it was loved before i get rid of it. [in thirty years]

[i like your new gauge area.]