KA-Kait's 2dr. First Time Dime.

KA-Kait

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Brakes still need to be done. Rear brake lines are in her hands, she just needs to find a nice enough day to crawl down there and install them. Then she can fill the master and bleed the brakes. We have no idea if the brake cylinders are good or not, but she'll find out when she presses them! Ebrake still needs to be hooked up, too. Also, I think the exhaust needs to be welded up as well...

Other than those things, we're waiting for a break in the weather to be able to get the wiring finished. Then it's ready to drive!

Brakes still need to be done. Rear brake lines are in her hands, she just needs to find a nice enough day to crawl down there and install them. Then she can fill the master and bleed the brakes. We have no idea if the brake cylinders are good or not, but she'll find out when she presses them! Ebrake still needs to be hooked up, too. Also, I think the exhaust needs to be welded up as well...

Other than those things, we're waiting for a break in the weather to be able to get the wiring finished. Then it's ready to drive!

Well this weekend was beautiful, to say the least (including today!)

Whachya do whachya do???? huh? huh?

I knows i gots some work done on minezzzz..

Hey Kait, are you going to make it to the meet Feb 21 with your turbo dime? Cant wait to see it in person :D

Hahaha I wish. Unfortunately it still needs to get wired. Im HOPING it will be done this month, but I can't really guarantee anything because, well, im not doing it. So the poor thing has been sitting in my drive way for the time being. ALTHOUGH today i went to a Buick Swap meet in downtown sac and I picked up this Glass Mirror Datsun 280zx thingy for two bucks! i saw it and went "HEY! why not?!" Ill post a picture of it later.

• 2 weeks later...

So I went to the Sacramento meet today for a little bit, and while I was out there two things happened. Number One being that I got a ton of SHIT for making no progress on my car. (which resulted in a very bitter me) and Number Two I purchased a wiring harness from some man in blue. whoever you were, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Either way, I left the meet way early because, well, My boyfriend and I decided it was time to work on the Dime. Get home, change and we dove right in.

IMG00099-20100221-1432.jpg

Here's Anthony working on the engine bay

IMG00101-20100221-1648.jpg

IMG00102-20100221-1648.jpg

wiring done, ugly, but done (for the most part) and things kinda thrown in there quickly in order to see if we can fire it up.

IMG00107-20100221-1650.jpg

just in case....you never know... >.<

I'll let the video explain the rest.

SO thats about it.... Maybe I can convince WagDatto to come to my house sometime this week and look at it with me. :\

Tuesday I'm busy for sure, going to the movies.... Maybe tomorrow? Or maybe later in the day sometime this week? We'll see if we can figure it out!

Test for fuel, test for spark... Still have the mechanical pump, so I'm assuming fuel delivery is good. I'm assuming the dizzy isn't firing a spark to the cylinders, which makes for bad times when you want engine to turn over!

We'll get it rocked out soon, Kait.

So I went to the Sacramento meet ... I got a ton of SHIT for making no progress on my car.

it worked didnt it?

I'm assuming the dizzy isn't firing a spark to the cylinders, which makes for bad times when you want engine to turn over!

she should have a spare... or two <_<

:lol:

So I looked at it today. there is no spark. haha. that narrows it down, doesnt it? I also don't have any relays in the car as of yet, so this weekend I will be purchasing said relays and maybe a little bit more trouble shooting?! :D

dunno anything about the crane setup, but id start there.

similar to an MSD???

• 1 month later...