Ratsun Merch

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as i read this i came up with a few designs for keychains... at any rate, i think keychains are a great way to advertise and show our support for the site. at the same time, i do love the idea of a hoodie.

this site has tons of wholesale direct from china type keychains... over 200 pages... idk their prices, but i assume they're cheaper and cheaper the more you buy. edit: i just was looking and idk if it's for everything, but some of these say "price negotiable" which i assume means order more = cheaper.

http://www.sz-wholesale.com/shenzhen_China_products/Keychain_1.htm

but i think maybe the classic aluminum bottle opener with a kind of simple font etched into it, just "ratsun.net" would probably be the cheapest, most effective, and pretty cool way to do it. we all enjoy beverages that come in glass bottles with caps that sometimes don't just screw off right?... and actually i personally had one of these on my first keychain at 15, even tho i honestly never used it, it was just one my dad had lying around.

http://www.sz-wholesale.com/P/Bottle-Opener-Keychain/KeyChains-Bottle-Opener-keyholders-Bottle-Opener--keyrings-Bottle-Opener-Can-Bottle-Opener-38266.html

i'm personally down for paying a bit more for a nicer, more custom design. however, if the sole purpose is to get the name out there and maybe make 50 cent, then of course simpler = cheaper.

another note about the hoodie or t shirt or beanie approach. i assume it's gonna end up being a really simple "ratsun.net" text and a lil logo, either the ratsun rat or a rising sun. which is totally fine, but at the same time, there could be more. idk i guess i just think there's potential for a really cool lookin, slightly more complex design.

Tnip got off to a damn good start. I like the ideas about the really simple keychain, but i had one of those that had like Tecate or some shit printed on them and it just rubs off over time.

Maybe an embedded and embossed Ratsun on a key chain, or something that is etched into metal like this:

large503612ct.gif

yeah, i'm a member over at s10forum.com and we have all kinds of merch, same thing with suicidedoors.com. or the motorcycle site dirtrider.net. it makes it easy to spot other people at shows and stuff if you are wearing the gear! I have it in the works to start a "clothing company" selling merch pertaining to dirt track motorcycle racing (haven't finished my artwork yet though...but its complicated) and it would be REALLY simple to get a limited run of merch together as far as shirts and stuff goes. if we did like 50 shirts with a simple 2 color logo (red and white rising sun) it would cost about $12 each if i remember right. of course it is more for a hoodie and stuff like that. the more you order, the cheaper it is per unit, and there is always a one time art work fee (usually $35-50 for a simple logo that you already have made up) i would love to see 2 designs, one of the rising sun with "ratsun.net" under it, then another one with the rat and wrenches saying "ratsun.net" with paypal so nice these days it would be easy to create a central "account" that someone on the site maintains to control the funds. so if we say per article it costs $12 to make, we sell it for $15...you are still getting a good price on merch, but supporting the community that we all love. one of my best friends is also in the graphics/vinyl business and i'm sure he could cut us a deal on decals if you were interested in that. i know i am extremely new to the site, but i have experience with this sort of thing and would be more than happy to volunteer to get things going on this.

I was in a truck club several years back and when we got our logos put onto jackets, most of the cost was the set up. And then after that when ever we wanted something it was fairley in expensive because all the info was on a computer. We had T shirts made and when we got new members they got jackets etc. I think Jackets with a nice embrodery job would look cool. Get enough poeple to chip in for the set up cost and and it wouldnt be that expensive. ANd if you contact a wholesale company they most likely will give you a cut rate for buying bulk Jackets. We bought Helly Hanson jackets when they where down in redmond. I dont know much about the Key chains etc. But all of this sounds greet.. This would and will make all of us crazy Ratsun guys stand out at any event we got to.

And if we get going on it we could be representing in Style next summer at all events............And I like what Pacific Coast and Steroid did down south with the plexi glass lisence plates....I would like to steal that idea...and do something up here....

Yeah just like 620 said, the first order you have to deal with the set up cost, but i know the shops around here, as long as you reorder within 1 years time, they keep the logo in their database...so its a one time fee. There are several shops here that do screen print work, but there is one shop here that does a bunch of stuff for the nascar guys, really top notch work. I think if we do jackets, we should do those dickies type work jackets. besides...we are all mechanics here anyway...might as well look like them!!

That style would be cool and they are decent in price. So I think we need to get it going. I love to have see a bunch of Ratsun jackets by show season. I know that we have enough people to get it down at a resonable price. So all interested speak....and lets see if we can get the ball a rollin':D

start a new thread for a sign up? would you guys place enough trust in me to use my paypal account for the money? if so, after that, all i need is a .jpg file of the rising sun logo, the rat logo...and see if "green bastard" will let us use the badass 80's "transformer" looking logo he uses in his avatar. we can vote on colors and what not, get an order set up and take deposits. you guys answer all my questions and we'll get this going!!!

yeah, id love to have a shirt, hat, hoodie (getting cold here finally) or beanie to wear around, spread some datsun love. A keychain wouldnt be bad either, now that i finally have my truck running, i have use for that key!!

Heck, I may even wear a hoody that had the logo.. but I refuse to wear baggy pants, show my undies and turn my hat sideways... yo. :cool:

I think they're talking about you having them made and selling them so that you can raise some funds to maintain the ratsun site.....and potentially, future club :)

Me? Shit haha it would take me a year to get it done... :D I could make a sheet metal stencil and bomb can the logo on everyones car though :D

start a new thread for a sign up? would you guys place enough trust in me to use my paypal account for the money? if so, after that, all i need is a .jpg file of the rising sun logo, the rat logo...and see if "green bastard" will let us use the badass 80's "transformer" looking logo he uses in his avatar. we can vote on colors and what not, get an order set up and take deposits. you guys answer all my questions and we'll get this going!!!

How much money do I have to trust you with? :D

i can get decent shirts and some clothing items done locally. theres a place 5 minutes from mine that does that heat transfer stuff. ive bought other stuff from them and its pretty good quality and lasts, that and it wont come off in the wash like the chinese ones do. (and doesnt contain lead) lol. ill see what they can do for us, after the initial setup, its 11 bux including the shirt (i think, prices coulda went up) and aboot 20 for the hoodie. just need toi figure out the design, i think it should be the rat, with the wrenches, with ratsun under that. and maybe ratsun.net on the front

yeah just whatever man, like i said i have done business with the places local to me, and they have high quality stuff (They do tony stewart's race haulers and most team clothing) anyway, i'll make up the 3 designs i have in my head, we will do preliminary orders, then everybody can make some kind of deposit so i can afford to place the order. at that point you guys will just have to trust me i guess, but i have some australians on this site that can vouch for me and my business style. i'm going to spend the weekend working on my little dotty, then next week i'll have some images to pick from and we will go from there. sound good?

Ice, uh do you have any protection against copyright infringement? Are your trademark rising sun, ratsun.net, images and likenesses protected against others getting control of it and charging you for using it? No offense intended to anyone here just being prudent.