Ratsun Merch

I think we need to start with a design. Everyone posts up their designs, we all vote, work from there.

As far as T-shirts go, I've got one I made SEVERAL years ago that has actually held up better than my DNW shirt I bought at canby. you know the secret? stencil and rattle-can...no joke, still looks fine after 5 or 6 years (not worn ALL the time) But this method doesn't work on thicker fabric :( Might work on a baseball hat.

WE NEED BEANIES AND HOODIES as well as t-shirts...remember day 1 at canby? most of us are in the beautiful pacific northwest, where the sunshine comes in liquid form!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The T shirt, and most wearing apparel for that matter, should have the main focus on the front. I've bought T shirts the other way around, and no one can see or read it if you have a shirt or coat on top of it. (make that a RAIN coat) Mrs datzen runs a work wear and safety supply store and gets me stuff like a $25 Carhartt caps that no one would pay that much for (me either, shhh).. sort of like the Snap-On-Tools of the clothing world. lol Anyway the Carhartt T shirt has a smaller logo on the back and the big printing and colors splashed on the front where you can see it.

yeah, i forgot to ask about who owns the rights to images...man i'm sorry, i kind of feel like i tried to hijack this sites stuff and that was not the intent at all, just thinking some gear is a good idea. who ever has the rights to the images and stuff on this site, if you will give me your "blessing" i can get this ball rolling. we can also do the funds in your name or how ever you want to handle it. if you don't have the rising sun or rat logo copyrighted i would think about doing that, those are both great logos and you would secure them (like others said) from somebody stealing them and turning a profit on your work. green bastard...how about your logo? do you have the rights to that one?

What is involved in getting a copyright? Is there money involved? Lots of money or a little? It's not my site to copyright, but i enjoy and would hate to see it ruined by the wrong person. Jeff it seems to be working good around here.

Do we need a donation fund to cover any copyright costs???

I'd be happy to pitch in

Jason

i like that idea indy510. im going to contact the guys at motorsport auto to see if i can find out where they got the keychains made and then we can come up with some designs and make a poll to see who wants to do which designs. Hows that sound?

I seen a guy at the Gun range on Friday with a Rising Sun Belt Buckle!!!!!!

I got all excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told JeFF!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thealley.com/servlet/the-777/Rising-Sun-%231-Belt/Detail

I rising Sun Shirt with a 510/521/620 would be fine. Basic shirt everybody can buy or really EZ to sell and get rid of

If there is going to be a bike in the background it better be a RD/RZ yamaha

2 STROKE!!!!!!!!!!!w/o a chick!

i say we start with the shirts and see how it goes. its been posted many times that we are all tightwads on here! i need a new beanie though!!! anyway, how about this week we all make our t-shirt designs, i have 3 already in my head already, and 2 more if i can get somebody to do a little photoshop work for me. i'm with you hainz on the rd/rz thing...hahaha, i'm restoring a 76 RD400 right now, frame is at the powdercoater! but without getting side tracked....how about on friday somebody create a thread, everybody post their t-shirt designs on there and we will vote on them. the top two or 3 we will produce. fair enough?

I think that you can can some print shops print our logo's onto heat transfer. Then we could just sell the heat transfer logo and each individual could put the logo on whatever shirt/hoodie that he/she wanted. Or is the idea to make everybody match at an event. I think just the logo makes us match well enough. I drive a datsun so i dont have to match anybody else on the road. Problem--I dont really see any profit for Ratsun by doing this though

Jason

i have a cousin who runs his own t-shirt screening and banner place. If you guys figure out and get set on a run of how many shirts and what color Ts you want i can figure something out with him.

Im just saying so i can help a family member out and get him the business as well as be a great part of this society and Ratsuns...

we really want screen printing vs. transfers if we are going to make it worth the money. KA, if you have family in the business, i vote we go through you for the work. the guys i know here are really good, but i like to help out people that are "in" with us if we can!!! the place i do business with, i'm just another customer ya know? but on friday lets all have our tee designs posted up, we'll leave it up for a week to vote, when we get 2 or 3 (up to you all how many options we have) designs voted for, we will figure out what we want to do as far as payment, shipping, profits...that sort of thing. i'm glad you guys are into this idea!

on the subject of jackets. this guy over here at lowbrowcustoms.com has some cool embroidered dickies work jackets. he also does t shirts and hoodies and all kinds of neat stuff... maybe somebody could email him and ask for info on the jackets? i would do it myself but unless this is an avenue to be explored i'm not gonna bother him.

http://lowbrowcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=19

p.s. kick ass decals on there too