vandalized truck

dat620

well woke up yesterday(monday,sep 28 09) to a broken out king kab window on my 07 titan, mind you my titan is bone stock, no power nothing, came from nissan with a am/fm/cd stereo, chrome 17" hub caps, and a billet grille, other than that bone stock, appears what ever they wanted they did not get, they used some type of pry bar to try to pry open the drivers door, then they tried to pry down the drivers window, then they finally broke out the king kab window by prying on it, after that they used something sharp and scratchey to try to unlock the front drivers door, they left all kinds of scratch marks in my drivers door panel, and all kinds of finger prints all over the truck, big greasy finger prints, how stupid, i believe that who ever did this had no clue how to break into a truck, police showed with in 1/2 hour after i called them, pretty prompt i might add, told me they may know who did it, took prints and pictures, gave me my theft forms and report number and left, my insurance is supposed to be out today to ck her out, full coverage no worries, and i manage a body shop, so it's all good , other than having to deal with some boneheads idea of fun n games..just thought i would let you all know..tom:(

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thx, yea it's all fixable, but just the hassle of it all, and yea good thing it wasn't my king kab 620, then i would be pissed, just wish that the buttheads would get busted and give me some piece of mind, and to think last nite i tossed and turned waitin to hear a noise out side in the drive way..(had my 9mm barretta with me,he he)any ways she'll be good as new in a few days..:)

well woke up yesterday(monday,sep 28 09) to a broken out king kab window on my 07 titan, mind you my titan is bone stock, no power nothing, came from nissan with a am/fm/cd stereo, chrome 17" hub caps, and a billet grille, other than that bone stock, appears what ever they wanted they did not get, they used some type of pry bar to try to pry open the drivers door, then they tried to pry down the drivers window, then they finally broke out the king kab window by prying on it, after that they used something sharp and scratchey to try to unlock the front drivers door, they left all kinds of scratch marks in my drivers door panel, and all kinds of finger prints all over the truck, big greasy finger prints, how stupid, i believe that who ever did this had no clue how to break into a truck, police showed with in 1/2 hour after i called them, pretty prompt i might add, told me they may know who did it, took prints and pictures, gave me my theft forms and report number and left, my insurance is supposed to be out today to ck her out, full coverage no worries, and i manage a body shop, so it's all good , other than having to deal with some boneheads idea of fun n games..just thought i would let you all know..tom:(

The really sad part of this is that if the cops do nab 'em and toss them in jail, they will come out knowing the "right" way to break into your truck the next time. County jails are the perp's universities.

mikerl411 u r so correct, they r the universities for the bad people, i know a few peeps from way back that came out knowing more then when they went in, and they relly do have private classes on that kind of training...sad but true, i have a couple of former truck club buddies that r deputies at the prison and they have told me this also, jails and prisons r thieves, murderers, rapists, and all others schools for thier careers:( thx all for caring so much, we really do have a very good family of friends here :D

Sorry to hear this Tom, half hour is a great response time here in the Phoenix metro area. Glad to here also that you or your family were not injured by happening on this sycho.

PM me your church address, might be able to come by Sunday.

God bless you and your family.

a great big thank you to you all, i guess it hit home last night when my neighbor came over and asked what happened, i told him and he said, thats a shame, here we thought we lived in a good neighborhood, i told him , well i guess this proves that it can and will happen any where, again thx for all your support, i know that i truely have a big ratsun family here with you all.:D

that sucks man but think about it this way. at least its a truck you can stioll get parts for from the dealer. a datsun KC window would be a PITA to find not to mention the seal.

Windows are everywhere.THe gasket,however......*

* this would be a hint without bumping the gasket thread.

truck goes into the shop on monday, getting the first ins quote, it's 1500.00, thats just scratching the surface, we'll see once we tear the doors apart, and no word yet about who they think did it, we'll just have to wait and see, the ins adjuster asked if i would be interested in prosecuting the thieves when they catch them, HELL YEAH is my reply!!!!!!:D

Back when I had my 720 4x4 it got broken into as well, and get this, they left a key broke off in the ignition. The correct key for the truck. The freakin previous owner stole it because he knew where I lived, and wanted his stereo back. At the time I had only liability, and they smashed every piece of glass on the truck, and dented every panel but one. I had to fix it all myself. The worst part was that the police and detective assigned to the case didn't even care when I told them I knew who did it. That pissed me off more than anything else.

• 1 month later...

well, got my titan back today,all is good as far as the repairs go, BUT, if any of you have either cornerstone or freedom national ins ck it out real good as far as your coverage goes, i just went thru the biggest hassle of all times to get the suppliments and payment of the repairs to my truck, first off i had to go get finger printed, go thru a complete background ck, and to top it all off talk to the ins companies investigator, and the police dept more than once, also had to go get my own police report and get a notary public to notorize a statement i had to fill out and send in to prove that i did not do this to my own truck, yea i know what yer thinkin, same thing i thought, well once this is all over i am going back to all state, i have never turned in a claim with any ins company, for nothing, go figure i'm honest and i get the proverbial 3rd degree, and to top it all off, i have to pay my deductable, yea i know would have been better off if they actually stoled it to start with...go figure, well thx for lettin me rant, and ck your policies over good, some don't cover much for vandalizems, the front door and king kab door was pretty well tweaked, and they wanted to repair instead of replace, yea right, i manage a body shop, they must think every one is stupid...and the police did id the thiefs, but go figure they r no where to be found...thx ya'll..tom:)

well, got my titan back today,all is good as far as the repairs go, BUT, if any of you have either cornerstone or freedom national ins ck it out real good as far as your coverage goes, i just went thru the biggest hassle of all times to get the suppliments and payment of the repairs to my truck, first off i had to go get finger printed, go thru a complete background ck, and to top it all off talk to the ins companies investigator, and the police dept more than once, also had to go get my own police report and get a notary public to notorize a statement i had to fill out and send in to prove that i did not do this to my own truck, yea i know what yer thinkin, same thing i thought, well once this is all over i am going back to all state, i have never turned in a claim with any ins company, for nothing, go figure i'm honest and i get the proverbial 3rd degree, and to top it all off, i have to pay my deductable, yea i know would have been better off if they actually stoled it to start with...go figure, well thx for lettin me rant, and ck your policies over good, some don't cover much for vandalizems, the front door and king kab door was pretty well tweaked, and they wanted to repair instead of replace, yea right, i manage a body shop, they must think every one is stupid...and the police did id the thiefs, but go figure they r no where to be found...thx ya'll..tom:)

Why not say "I will give you my fingerprint card and background check as soon as you give me yours. I want to be sure you are really working for the insurance company and not just trying to rip me off." As your Grandmother probably said "What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander."

i know the feeling, i really felt degraded, but i guess that is how it is now days, i did get a call back from a supervisor , and she did apoligize but i mean c'mon now, i could understand if i was an ins company jumper or had a lot of claims all the time, but i been with them close to 5 yrs and never a claim, and then the only claim i ever had was in 91 when a drunk driver hit me, and that was with a differant company, so whats the real reason i asked, her answer was, we ck everyone out, and i said no you don't because i asked around, remember i work at a body shop and i have access to various ins companies and none of them do this unless there is a serious suspision of fraud, so what you are tellin me is your company, the one i pay premiums to every month thinks i did this to my own truck, and for what reason, what do i have to gain? she stayed quiet, i said exactly what i thought, i know all your calls are recorded and i suggest that you and whoever else listen to all my and your calls to me, and review them and see just how terrible i have been treated.. i just can not believe that this company would think i actually did this to my self, hell i work hard for my stuff and i pay my bills, why would i do this to stuff that i work hard for, and finally am able to afford, go figure i guess it takes all kinds..thx for the rant, tom:confused:

Hi Tom,

Sorry to here about the hassel. Glad you got it all taken care of. Did they catch the thieves that did it. anyway it is over and bet the have seen the last of your money.:lol: Still sick that is why I did not make it to church. Maybe next week. You should have invited the supervisor to Sunday morning service.:cool: