slodat's 510

slodat

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you said it was a good pump when i was in your garage!

I thought sure it was. Shows what I know. Turns out it's the other one I had that is like new. I wanted to keep this style. In the end it's cool, all of my fuel tank stuff is S13. Easy and plentiful.

This just in:

I just picked up a T3 turbo! I got the turbo and a Blitz BOV. I have a lot to learn, but this confirms I'll be turbocharging the car this year! I want the suspension and brakes all sorted out before I do the turbo. There's a ton of stuff that I can do ahead of time and I'll be doing the prep work along the way.

Progress! Local 510 buddy stopped by today to talk shop and hang out. It is amazing how much progress one can make when there is someone else around keeping company.

I pulled the engine bay wiring harness out of the car and am in the process of cleaning it up for re-installation. I am soaking the stock fuse block in vinegar to clean it all up. I confirmed it will mount from below, so, no more fuse block under the hood. I pulled the glove box out and sorted out where I will mount all of the electrical components - auxillary fuse block (for headlights, starter solenoid, megasquirt, power locks, etc), ECU, relay board, power lock module, EDIS module, etc. I am making a sheet metal shelf that will mount just below the glove box and will have all components, relays, etc mounted to it. This is going to turn out VERY clean. I am excited about how the wiring is looking.

I mounted the FPR on the firewall, leak tested my fuel tank and just got a TON of stuff done. I'm thinking of heading back down to work some more.

No photos today. Photos soon..

Nope. It is a Ratsun :)

Too much fab work to do. Once the engine is in and everything is running and sorted out, then and only then I'll start with the cosmetics. If I paint it now, I'll have to re-paint it later.

Don't you just love how the wiper cercuit is so "stand alone" just that lonely wire that gets its power from the fuse block. So your car was yellow at one time? Looking good dude!!

The fuel tank is complete - with surge tank built in (from 240sx donor tank) and in-tank Walbro 255lph pump. Will run the fuel lines tomorrow. The AN hose is so much easier to run than hard line. Will turn out good and will not leak!

12 hour day in the garage today. Got the fuel lines ran and the fuel tank mounted for the last time. Turned out nice. The only fuel plumbing left is once the engine is in the car.

04-20-07_1828.jpg

04-20-07_1829.jpg

Ran the +12v from the engine bay to the trunk. It is very securely mounted and again, turned out pretty good. The project is coming along nicely. I'm not going to give away all of the stuff I'm doing on here, that way there will be something to see at Canby!

Photos of some of the progress:

Raised LCA pivot points to correct suspension geometry when it is slammed!

IMG_2687.JPG

Shot of the LCA with adjuster. Ground strap on the idler arm bolt.

IMG_2686.JPG

View from behind of the LCA setup and steering bracing plate.

IMG_2692.JPG

More of same.

IMG_2693.JPG

Fuel lines entering engine bay and FPR, coil pack and +12v from trunk.

IMG_2684.JPG

MadDat steering brace.

IMG_2685.JPG

+12v coming through the car with grommets where it passes through steel.

IMG_2688.JPG

IMG_2689.JPG

Fuel lines under car. Clamps were less than 12" apart. Turned out good. There's a rivet holding both clamps to the body.

IMG_2691.JPG

Fuel lines leaving fuel tank and fuel filter.

IMG_2694.JPG