slodat's 510

slodat

Hi jason,

Yup, a Z20E (5 spd). I have one on my junker car, but it's scratched and needs to be milled. When I'm able I'll measure it to be sure. As I understand it, the L20B, as well as the Z20, Z22, (E or S) and the truck Z24 (carb) and the Z24i (throttle body) had the same flywheel six bolt pattern, and the same main and rod bearings. The Six bolt, 200mm, 225mm, and 240mm flywheels were interchangeable. The L20B and the Z20E, and maybe the S, had the same fully counterweighted crankshaft. Identical AFAIK.

Saw a KA FWD flex plate and it is six bolt, looks the same but don't know for sure, maybe. Jeff might know, he bolted a Z tranny case up to a KA.

And , yes, I remember the clutch you took off, only to find a smaller disc inside. He he. It works, different, but it works.

You rang mikey! I haven't messed with the ka out of a car besides selling the ignition module for my truck :D I do know they make a 225mm for the ca16de in the pulsars. I will check Rock auto really fast.......

BECK/ARNLEY Part # 0619104

225mm Diameter;1 Per Car

Clutch Set, 225mm Diameter;8-7/8" Diameter;24 Splines;1 Per Car

yep the stanza has a 225mm

O wait you want the amount of bolts... 6 sounds good :D steve could check that engine I sold him.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As far as I can tell, almost all Nissans since the 240Z (with the exception of the 200mm cars and smaller engines) used 225mm clutches. The clutch I bought cross references to 240sx, altima, 620, 720, 200sx, 240z, 260z, 280z, 280ZX.. TONS of stuff.

And finding 225mm 6 bolt flywheels is dead easy..

As far as I can tell, almost all Nissans since the 240Z (with the exception of the 200mm cars and smaller engines) used 225mm clutches. The clutch I bought cross references to 240sx, altima, 620, 720, 200sx, 240z, 260z, 280z, 280ZX.. TONS of stuff.

And finding 225mm 6 bolt flywheels is dead easy..

Pretty sure all the 720 trucks are 240mm. I have an '80 720, last year for the L20B, and it's a 240mm.

You rang mikey! I haven't messed with the ka out of a car besides selling the ignition module for my truck :D I do know they make a 225mm for the ca16de in the pulsars. I will check Rock auto really fast.......

BECK/ARNLEY Part # 0619104

225mm Diameter;1 Per Car

Clutch Set, 225mm Diameter;8-7/8" Diameter;24 Splines;1 Per Car

yep the stanza has a 225mm

O wait you want the amount of bolts... 6 sounds good :D steve could check that engine I sold him.

Yeah ...6, we were, or I was wondering if the bolt spacing was the same as the interchangeable L and Z 6 bolt flywheels are. I think it is, after all you used a Z tranny on your KA swap right? I'll bet the KA flywheel would fit an L20B or any Z series.

• 2 weeks later...

Been too long since an update. Had to take care of some personal stuff. Back in the garage to work on the car this week. I think I figured out why my attempts at sealing the oil pan kept failing. I was doing it with the engine in the car. I'm pretty sure oil was seeping into the gasket/sealer and this was causing the leak each time.

The engine was upside down on the engine stand for a couple days before I put the oil pan on. I tapped the holes on the pan rail flat and installed it on a very dry block mating surface using The Right Stuff and the comp gasket. Here's to it sealing!!

I got the battery mounted in the trunk and started hammer/dollying the battery tray notch smooth in the inner fenderwell.

Need it running and a reasonable tune on the EFI before I go down that road.

Dang I wanted to go for a ride down that road :D mmmmhhh turbo

I'm still wussing on turboing my truck :(

my clutch pedal was half free play, so now its all adjusted and actually goes in gear.. lol im an idiot for the obvious stuff..

haha I had that happen once to :rolleyes: Sometimes I never think of the easy solution hehe

PROGRESS!!!!

I bought one of these steering box plates and installed it today:

DAMB_Steering_Box_Plate.jpg

9Steering_Box_Plate_collage.jpg

Cost me $25 bucks shipped. I also ordered a MadDat Steering brace $81 shipped.

MD041.jpg

Feels sooo good to make progress on the car!!

I'd say something about a rack n pinion but I know you have a L motor :D You could run that 68 crossmember I'm going to sell you and a HL510 pan then put a rack in :) I wouldn't want to say anything about pulling your pan though :P

I think the biggest plus for bolt on parts for datto's is, well there is already so much stuff to do any added help is a big plus. I love bolt on parts just because I can focus on other projects like a stereo! haha you should make 510 parts to :D

The direction (mechanically) I am going with the car for the time being is to make sensible (in my weird mind) upgrades here and there. I plan to stick it out with the L motor. I'm pretty sure I found a turbo. So, that will come down the road. Anyway, stick with a lot of the way the car was built - stock style steering, L engine (with standalone EMS, EDIS, EFI, turbo), as much brake as I can stuff in my 15" wheels and then for the most part consider it mechanically finished. Then, quiet the interior some, and a lot of very nice stereo. End result = a car that I will love to drive.

If this engine doesn't like the 7# from the turbo, that will be fine. Plan is to build a 2.3 or 2.4, o-ring'd head, bulletproof bottom end, etc and up the boost to something a bit more fun. This is after the other stuff is sorted out. In the mean time, I think I can run 7# on the engine I have now.

So, I'm picking up the turbo after the Portland Swapmeet this weekend. Once the car is back on the road and running on the EFI and I have my 12" front brakes, I'll focus on intercooler and turbo plumbing.

More progress. Modified the engine mounts to drop the engine a little bit. Then I started assembling my fuel tank for the last time so I can install it. I decided to test the fuel pump and sure as shit, it is no good. It was from the donor gas tank. Found a great deal on the Walbro 255LPH in tank S13 pump with install kit. http://www.expressfuelpumps.com has it for $84.99 shipped if you enter NICOCLUB as the discount code. Pretty good deal I thought and the peace of mind that I'll not have to remove the gas tank to replace a bad fuel pump.

It's amazing how satisfying picking up a few small parts can be...

It sorta takes the overall project down to smaller more manageable bites.

I know if I stand back and look at my truck in pieces, it gets a bit overwhelming, but then I just picture it finished and get back to work.

:D

2eDeYe;5358']I know if I stand back and look at my truck in pieces' date=' it gets a bit overwhelming, but then I just picture it finished and get back to work.

:D[/quote']

then there's the crazy ones like me who spend way too much time standing there in a daze imagining the project done... then all of a sudden I snap out of it and get back to work :rolleyes: