slodat's 510

slodat

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That strut and hub are spares for mocking things up. The studs on the car are plenty long enough for the spacers.

Yea yea, I hear you snickering over there Iceman. You wait until that L motor's intake is no longer running at a vacuum! Then we shall see what you really think of L motors :)

I have 15x7 wheels with 21mm offset. I was running a 6.5mm (1/4") spacer to clear the strut tube/coil over sleeve. I need 13mm (1/2") to clear the caliper well. I have plenty of clearance with that amount of spacer. That means a ~8mm offset wheel would be perfect in 15" or the more likely option is a 16" wheel with a 14mm or so offset.

The spacers I just ordered are machined not cast, so I don't see them being a problem.

I'm running the ZX master that is on the car for now. If I find I have a volumetric issue, I'll figure out a plan at that point. My current backup plan should the ZX not move enough fluid to have a good pedal, is a properly sized Wilwood dual master.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the photo Iceman! I don't have any of the beginning. I'm doing my best to get the car running for Canby. Have had some shit going on and needless to say, the car hasn't been touched in a couple weeks.

Wish me luck. I have 2.5 days. Anyone wanting to come by and encourage, please do!!!

After having a major fight with the car, I decided we should make up and went back to work. No more than I got the front hubs apart and the new bolts on and another stumbling block. The wheel spacers' center hole is 66.1mm and needs to be ~70mm. Uggh..

Mike (dislexicdime) pointed out to me that I am building a custom car. ie: par for the course. So, I'm hoping the guy that made them (to application - 280ZX) will send me another set that are the correct size.