slodat's 510

slodat

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I took my in-tank fuel pump to Oil Filter Service Co and they brazed a -6AN male fitting on the fuel pump outlet. So, the high pressure side of the fuel system is all -6AN!

02-15-07_2047.jpg

And.... The parts man cometh! The Aeromotive FPR and all of the fittings and line greeted me today when I got home. The Aeromotive stuff is siiiick! I need to pick up two fittings tomorrow and I'm good to go on the fuel system.

I mounted the IAT sensor in the TB spacer. It is directly behind the TB plates.

02-15-07_2044.jpg

I bought a tap today and modified the throttle shaft on the TB. It now looks like it is the stock TB for the intake. I am mega pleased with the way the intake setup is turning out.. And this is not the keeper intake. I still plan to swap it out for the ITB's when they are finished! I'll sell this setup when I'm done with it..

02-15-07_2045.jpg

I have a four day weekend coming up after tomorrow. So, plan is to get the EFI installed. If I have help, I'll get the long shaft 5 speed and Roadster clutch installed this weekend as well.

Then.. front suspension redux.3. Battle Version LCA adjusters, Arizona Z car vented 12.2" 4 piston brakes on all four corners..

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen setups like that for sale before. The car I gave you had on like that on it, from what the PO said. I personally don't think turbo and carb should be in the same sentence.

Just wait until it's fast!

By GG? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Dude that is such a bummer about your job :( I hate working just as much as the next guy, but finding the next job is the part I hate! I'm sure with you schooling it makes it easier. When I look for the next job it has to involve manuel labor :( I wish the best of luck to your job search.

Any updates on you megasquirt? Mine is kinda on the stand still, I want to put it on my 68 instead of my truck for now.

Revised plan for the week. Since I have some time off while I look for a new job, I'm doing the following to the car - starting tomorrow AM.

Pull the engine (trans is already out)

Replace the oil pan gasket on an engine stand instead of in the car.

Get the flywheel surfaced, install roadster clutch

Center my front crossmember

Modify engine mounts to lower engine so valve cover clears hood

Clean up 1 year of leaky oil pan from engine bay

Run EFI fuel lines

Install engine

Get it running

Get it aligned

Drive it.

I'm probably being a little ambitious, but I may have this done by GG.

Replace the oil pan gasket on an engine stand instead of in the car. QUOTE]

HAHA you and that oil leak :D I just remember you fixing it before, just hearing about it makes me laugh, I guess it reminds me of all my L motors and there leaks :) My ka does the same thing, what do I expect its basically an L.