slodat's 510

slodat

I'll have to sneak my car into your garage so you can spend 12hrs on it for me :D Lov'n the pics dude, keep them coming :D I'd add more but I'm about to go to Dicks and get a burger MMhhh

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got the engine in the car today. Some of what I've done:

Lightened 225mm flywheel with Z car Daiken clutch

'83 280ZX 5 speed trans (.754 5th gear)

EE trans crossmember w/new Nissan mount

New motor mounts

ZX gear reduction starter

MadDat & DAMB steering braces

Battle Versioin adjusters on LCAs

Centered front crossmember in frame rails

Raised LCA pivot points 1"

L18E EFI intake manifold w/60mm KA24E throttle body & custom fuel rail

240SX fuel pump stand in stock tank w/ Walbro 255LPH pump & -6 fittings

-6 supply & return fuel lines

Aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator

Relocated battery to trunk

Lots more to go before I can drive it. Plan is to be driving it on 5/10!

05-02-07_2317.jpg

Thanks Guy & Mike!!

Now thats an L motor I would rock!! Fuel injection is the shit, I can't wait to hear how the turbo setup goes :) You been letting that car have it. So are you leaving the wires hidden? or are you keeping them in the factory location?

Hiding as much as possible. I added two grommets directly behind the engine/head for the majority of the engine wiring. Almost all of what was under the hood will now be in the dash on my wiring panel. The panel is turning out pretty good. I'm not sure if I will have to modify the glovebox yet.

The turbo is going to be a ton of fabrication. I'm worried about it looking really cobbled together, so I'm not going to get in a big hurry with the turbo. The intercooler is the hard part. I think I have it figured out - sorta. I will have to modify the core support for it to work. I don't want to change radiators, if I don't have to.

Thanks to the studs at AMI (they parted out a 2 door), I got a bunch of sweet new parts for my car today - perfect and I mean perfect hood with trim, lower grill trim piece, and a pair of sweet doors.

Lots of work to do for Canby!

Update...

Got the car aligned today, so it now rolls in a straight line.

My JSK rotor hats and caliper brackets arrived today. They are dead sexy. The rotors and calipers get here Monday. I got my fuse block today.

This all means, all that I have to do is wire the car from the firewall forward, install the Wilwood brakes on all four corners, bleed them all, install the clutch slave and bleed, bolt up the drive line, pressure test the fuel system, create a base fuel map and start the fucker up!

You are making really good progress. What fuse block are you speaking of? This also makes me wonder if you are rewiring the car... It seems more like just the front half.

Front rotors and calipers arrived today. I'll snap a photo later tonight.

I'm not rewiring. I pulled the engine bay harness out and am modifying it quite a bit. I want the underhood wiring to be minimal. I moved everything that can be moved inside the car in the dash. I'm running several relays. These will be powered via a new fuse block to isolate each circuit.

Brakes!

The components: JSK Innovations Caliper brackets and rotor mounting hats, Wilwood 4 piston Superlite calipers and Wilwood 12.19" x 1.25" curved vane directional rotors.

05-14-07_2121.jpg

All mounted up on 280ZX struts:

05-14-07_2151.jpg

With my wheel mounted up (on the bench):

05-14-07_1904.jpg

I have to run a spacer to clear the caliper. If the the wheel was just a slight different profile on the inside, the spacer would not be needed. I found a guy that makes them for $39 shipped out of solid billet aluminum. I'm fine with running those.

My pads haven't arrived yet.

The reason I went this route is I had was able to choose the components I wanted to run. The kits I saw, didn't easily allow for this for the price.