Corey's 71 datsun 510

78kingcab

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well i decided to address the motor bay..i wire wheeled it, then hand sanded, then sand blasted the hard to get to spots...i spray lined it, then went over it with a brush to smooth it out, then hit it with a epoxy high gloss black...

thanks dat620guy for hangn out and helping.....

it was a mess at first...

0410001734a.jpg

0410001734b.jpg

cutey004.jpg

cutey005.jpg

cutey010.jpg

then i polished my power brake spacer and painted the booster red...

cutey008.jpg

man im gettn close....

That engine bay was a pain to clean up.....Plus you got me high off the fumes.... :lol: :lol: It was fun and worth it though.... :D

ya that spray liner shit had me a bit dizzy...i was like i dont know why but i just want too laugh. :lol: :lol:

well thanks for the time and help and ya way worth it.... :D

very very soon.. :D ...might just sit it in there tommarow just cause...but im thinking ill be driving it too canby.

Looking good man, cant wait to see that engine in! Whats list of things to do before canby besides dropping the motor and wiring?

You should have removed the stock battery tray.. It is gonna be right in the way of the throttle body

I said the same thing when I checked it out, Although its a good bit of work to relocate the battery in the trunk (nicely) and camby is coming! Guess you could shave the shelf, run the battery cable and just strap in the trunk till after camby ;)

You should have removed the stock battery tray.. It is gonna be right in the way of the throttle body

[/quote

i was gonna remove it but i hunted down a bunch of pics and a lot of the ka 510s still had it.....good thing is on mock up if it DONT fit i will remove it.....it will only take about 10 mins to blend the liner spray and epoxy to match....if i get the set up like logical 1 it will be going in trunk....good lookn out....

When i stuck my SOHC in my 510 it was wayyyy to close for me so i hacked it out. Im almost positive the dohc sits over farther and would have been an issue... but when i went to DOHC it was already gone so no way to compare :P

I would pull it off anyways. I think the engine bay looks better without a big ass battery in the corner. Plus you can throw it in the trunk and offset some weight.

well if im going to do it ill do it right ...dont like doing same things twice.....ill be test fitting motor this week so if its gotta go then it will...would really like to do it how you did jakeup.....yours is very nice...not to sure what my plan is now but to keep reassembleing....

but when i went to DOHC it was already gone so no way to compare :P

quick threadjack...

planning a DE and i have strut tower supports to the frame, across where the tray was...

how much leeway in that area???

most ive looked at dont seem like itll be an issue.

hopefully not as im planning to have it at canby

quick threadjack...

planning a DE and i have strut tower supports to the frame, across where the tray was...

how much leeway in that area???

most ive looked at dont seem like itll be an issue.

hopefully not as im planning to have it at canby

Ahh i lied... I still had it onwhen i first dropped the KA in.

Here is a pic. It looks like the nut for the end of the throttle shaft is touching the batt tray.

IMG00036-20090317-1042.jpg

here is an after... air filter is in way though.

CIMG0406.jpg

I miss my car :(

No more sean wagon either :(

th_IMG00039-20090512-1310.jpg

here is an after... air filter is in way though.

CIMG0406.jpg

I miss my car :(

No more sean wagon either :(

th_IMG00039-20090512-1310.jpg

hella sad it is!!!

:) perfect.

the air filter would be obstructed, but the support pass around where the oval hole is the tray (was)

looks like it will not require significant (BFH) reengineering.

[/hijack]