What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

couldnt you make a 4 door work set work on a wagon?

No; the upper rear corner of the window frame is squared on a wagon and rounded on a sedan.  Same reason doors don't swap between the two.

That's rain gutter / drip rail trim, I believe it's the same as we got in North America.

No; the upper rear corner of the window frame is squared on a wagon and rounded on a sedan.  Same reason doors don't swap between the two.

That's rain gutter / drip rail trim, I believe it's the same as we got in North America.

yeah i don't know why i didn't catch that before. someone fab up some and sell them! 

Lol, They came from Tokyo-2u on Ebay.  There is another set for sale now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-1600-BLUEBIRD-510-SSS-JDM-STAINLESS-STEEL-DOOR-FRAME-MOULDS-/161165377168?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2586347e90

I don't know if you can get a wagon set, I've only seen them on 4 doors and Coupes.

yes, they came for wagons and also included the cargo side glass... extremly rare :(

• Like 1

Well after all the work I thought the 72/510 was ready to go. I pulled the other cars outside and went back in fired it up put it in gear and let the clutch out and nothing. I should have done more checking out of the issue when I had it out before installing the whole thing. I guess I' ll have to find a transmission man to figure what's wrong inside the thing. It used to be in my wagon way back when one day I drove it 100 miles to work parked it and it would not go in gear. The shifter went lemp. Fast forward a few months ago I thought I had figured the lever that controlled the shift forks had slipped out of position. I had popped off the tail of the trans and re positioned the lever to control the forks and it felt normal again and I thought it was ok, but no it is not. I have never had a trans ever do this. Not sure what's up.

Just got done running a 5/16" steel line down the length of the car along the stock line.  The 5/16" is going to be the feed line for the SR, and the stock line will be the return.

Installing it was easier than I thought it would be, but it also took longer than I expected.  Also, zip-ties are your friend if you're going to do it yourself. 

Dropped off a 510 4speed trans at a shop to get it worked on so it should work without any problems (fix the synchro problem in the 2nd gear). I plan to use it in my 72/510 to get it going, so now I just hope the fella knows what he is doing. Then I can figure what is the issue with my other 4speed or clutch and get it working to use in my wagon.

Got it running!! http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/mattyhacks/media/20131222_120141_zps5074f3d0.mp4.html

IMG_4289_zps99f8d475.jpg

It totally eats it when you give quick jabs of throttle but will rev with slow ease of it. Also wont start without the aerosol carb start stuff when its cold but will fire right up when warm like in the video..help? (Weber 32/36)

• Like 1

Got it running!! http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/mattyhacks/media/20131222_120141_zps5074f3d0.mp4.html

IMG_4289_zps99f8d475.jpg

It totally eats it when you give quick jabs of throttle but will rev with slow ease of it. Also wont start without the aerosol carb start stuff when its cold but will fire right up when warm like in the video..help? (Weber 32/36)

Sweet dime!!

On the cold start....is it a really long extended crank then it starts or it won't start at all??

I'd check to see if the carb is draining when it sits.....

Take the top off first thing in the morn and see if the bowl has gas in it.........if not.....it's draining into the engine past the needle and seat....

The falling on it's ass is probably carb related also.....accel pump in the carb is supposed to squirt some extra gas between circuits so this doesn't happen....

Look down the carb when the car is off and see if fuel squirts out one of the holes in the venturi when you twist the throttle......

Maybe a carb rebuild is in order??