What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally installed the 2" drop blocks I got from Just Joel not too long ago. I can't say enough how helpful Joel was with the process. If you're thinking about installing some blocks, contact him - you won't be disappointed. My front still needs to be lowered a little, but here's the before (top) and after:

before_zps6906b3f8.jpg

• Like 1

Today:

1. Picked up and installed some new radiator hoses to fit to the SR20DET.  

2. Scooted the motor back nearly an inch towards the firewall by redirecting some misc. pipes that were interfering.  Now the driveshaft lines up properly.  Of course, now I have to cut/re-weld up the motor mounts to account for the adjustment.

3. Started work on transmission-mount fabrication.  

Next-up:

1. Finish the transmission mount so I can fill it w/ fluid.

2. Get the motor mounts adjusted.

3. Install the relay-box for the electrical.

4. Start the fuel-system plumbing.  I'm considering installing a surge tank and installing a primary internal fuel pump inside it.  That seems to solve a couple of problems I was running into for fuel.

Did a compression test on the L16, and learned it's 180psi all around :)

Also took off the valve cover and cleaned it up, then went to adjust valve clearance but didn't have a wrench that fit the lock nuts…

that's good numbers there ...... nice...

Thinking about kicking it (maybe just the tire), the little bitches battery dies after 7+days of sitting. Can you say amp drain WTF

can u say drive your datto man .......lol .......I know a lot of datto experience a drain through a bad alt?      hook up a meter to test draw and un hook alt?    seen a few up here that way and if that doesn't work and we are talking about the coupe .... send it up I will fix it and MAYBE send it back ......if I don't send it I will send something of equal value in return ...... might be like 6 Chrysler new Yorkers and a caravan but it will have value ... lol...I promise ..

can u say drive your datto man .......lol .......I know a lot of datto experience a drain through a bad alt?      hook up a meter to test draw and un hook alt?    seen a few up here that way and if that doesn't work and we are talking about the coupe .... send it up I will fix it and MAYBE send it back ......if I don't send it I will send something of equal value in return ...... might be like 6 Chrysler new Yorkers and a caravan but it will have value ... lol...I promise ..

WOW paying for gas in just one Chrysler would buy me another Coupe

Yep both the Coupe and the Silver Bullet are doing the same drain thing the coupe is worse.

Yes If I drive the SB once a week it does ok, but if I go to Vegas for a week of (well we wont talk about that here), Then I get back and need to charge the battery. I guess it could be worse, I could of not made it back from Vegas.

Just need to drop one of them off with my elec guy.

I finished putting in the carpet kit from 71DIMER

IMG_0742.jpg

Just about ready to put in these babies

IMG_0745.jpg

And got this toy in the mail. 

IMG_0744.jpg

The strut threads weren't in the best shape on one, so instead of cutting and welding, I'll cut and thread.

Just for reference, a before picture of my interior.

510interior2-1.jpg

WOW paying for gas in just one Chrysler would buy me another Coupe

Yep both the Coupe and the Silver Bullet are doing the same drain thing the coupe is worse.

Yes If I drive the SB once a week it does ok, but if I go to Vegas for a week of (well we wont talk about that here), Then I get back and need to charge the battery. I guess it could be worse, I could of not made it back from Vegas.

Just need to drop one of them off with my elec guy.

or worse u coulda brought something back from vegas......

Got most every thing hooked up on the motor. Put oil in it and water. Still have to figure out witch wires hook together to get the starter to work correct. I got it to turn over with the spark disconnected but when you let off the key the starter kept running so I turned the key off.